Back in Florida, love it here :( - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 30 Old 05-02-2005, 01:20 PM Thread Starter
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to crispin
Back in Florida, love it here :(

SO I just got back from the Gap this morning.

I jumped on my bike and road down the straight streets to my office. Tried to avoid getting run over by the elderly (no BD wasn't in town)

I think I made about 3 turns but that includes pulling out of my driveway.

Anyway I get the word that my boy went to jail yesterday. He commited a HUGH crime. Down my the beach yesterday he popped the front end up about 10"-12" off the ground.

Five cops grabed him off his bike and took him to jail for reckless driving as well as impounded his bike. This is the same area (FT Lauderdale city cops) that arrested me for a 50 MPH wheelie in a 45 zone a few months back.

It sucks down here big time. I don't even want to ride my bike here anymore. I am ruined my the Gap and the surrounding areas.

Down here you are treated like a POS if you ride a sportsbike.

Well thanks for listening...

ya ya ya...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 Old 05-02-2005, 01:31 PM
Still here

Posting Frequency

I feel ya - I ride my less than mint 94 900rr ,more often for transportation and it seems that I get the evil eye less on it.
It's like if you have a newer sportbike you are somehow worse or just out to play. On the 900 I often have a tankbag or back pack so maybe it screams TRANSPORTATION.

Sorry about your friend- does make be paranoid, I rarely go out to the beach as they are notoriously pricks. Had one come at me on a bicycle with a shotgun in his hand/ on the bars, over getting kicked out of a bar by a prick bouncer.
(A Ron White moment to be sure. -blue collar com tour- Tater Salad)

Damn- I hope Deal's Gap forgets you by the time I get back up that way.
From what I read, they may not like Florida tags for a while. At least at Fontanna Village

Last edited by ZX10Miami; 05-02-2005 at 01:34 PM.
post #3 of 30 Old 05-02-2005, 01:40 PM
Still here

Posting Frequency

Saw a guy on two wheel tues. Gap story. He said he was from FL. the state with 11 turns in 318 miles.

Now imagine that you live on one side of the gap (say Robbinsville) and work on the other side (maybe Marysville), I wonder if you would just get sick of the Dragon.
Half way to work you realize you have to go back to get your office keys- no turn around if by car- risky on bike. Scary dark at night.
Trips me out to think of that.
post #4 of 30 Old 05-02-2005, 01:54 PM
MIA Post Whore

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by crispin
SO I just got back from the Gap this morning.

I jumped on my bike and road down the straight streets to my office. Tried to avoid getting run over by the elderly (no BD wasn't in town)

I think I made about 3 turns but that includes pulling out of my driveway.

Anyway I get the word that my boy went to jail yesterday. He commited a HUGH crime. Down my the beach yesterday he popped the front end up about 10"-12" off the ground.

Five cops grabed him off his bike and took him to jail for reckless driving as well as impounded his bike. This is the same area (FT Lauderdale city cops) that arrested me for a 50 MPH wheelie in a 45 zone a few months back.

It sucks down here big time. I don't even want to ride my bike here anymore. I am ruined my the Gap and the surrounding areas.

Down here you are treated like a POS if you ride a sportsbike.

Well thanks for listening...
I typically end up parking my bike for a month after going to the Gap. Just makes me ill to think about the staight roads. The roll on racing on Sunday's even have no flavor. I'll be back there in June or July. Gotta get my fix more often. Hell, riding in the rain and fog at the Gap is more fun then what I have here on a good day. Guess, I'm just in a Post Gap Depession. PGD- is there a pill I can take?

2011 Ninja 1K street
2004 636 track
post #5 of 30 Old 05-02-2005, 01:57 PM
MIA Post Whore

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZX10Miami
Half way to work you realize you have to go back to get your office keys- no turn around if by car- risky on bike. Scary dark at night.
Trips me out to think of that.
Road the Dragon and the Foot Hills parkway Saturday in the dark and fog. There's was still some light while on the Gap, but pitch dark and soup thick fog on the parkway. Top speed, 30 mph with white knuckles!

2011 Ninja 1K street
2004 636 track
post #6 of 30 Old 05-03-2005, 12:07 AM
Orange you glad I'm a whore?

Posting Frequency

Sorry to hear it Crispin. Gotta find you a 200 foot cliff to ride the 50's next to closer to home.

It looks like we're gonna hit Jennings on May 22nd. There's a few turns there. You and Miykl oughta think about doing a track day.

www.jenningsgp.com

-J

Back from the dead.
post #7 of 30 Old 05-08-2005, 06:59 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

is really that bad ? your depressing me . i am moving to northmiami beach next month . I am coming from Canada .I plan to ride my bike from door to door ,should be an experience

it's NICE RIDING A ZX10R
post #8 of 30 Old 05-08-2005, 01:26 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Send a message via Yahoo to BNninja
Crispin,
the looking down on you is everywhere, sportbikes aren't popular at all anymore. Cops hate us...period. A few bad apples spoiled it for the rest of us

"Bikes are like women: beat them like a whore, they can take it and you will like the moaning you hear."
post #9 of 30 Old 05-09-2005, 06:04 AM
Post Whore

Posting Frequency

Yeah, I was in Florida this weekend. To begin with I wished I had the 10 with me to ride, but the more we rode around in the cage the less I missed my bike. Well, I still missed my bike but I'd have been bored STIFF ridin' the 10 around PCB. No corners worth a crap ANYWHERE, sand on all the roads, and stupid cage drivers EVERYWHERE. I don't live at the gap, but I've got some pretty sweet ridin' around the house and little to no traffic on most of it. Needless to say I won't be moving to Florida anytime soon... and if I did I'd sell the bike. :headshake

And now I see why my Florida busa board buddies reverse The Gap's motto... "318 miles and 11 curves"

--
"Bottom line, when I'm on that bike, it's just me and God...And He better be holding on."- Stillie on SSB

Si vis pacem, para bellum...

El Diablo
post #10 of 30 Old 05-10-2005, 12:32 AM
Still here

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by performancezx10r
is really that bad ? your depressing me . i am moving to northmiami beach next month . I am coming from Canada .I plan to ride my bike from door to door ,should be an experience
It really does have it's moments. Plenty of bright sides and North Miami is different than South Beach. The roads suck for riding, on ramps and off ramps really are about as close as we get to twisties with bridges for hills.
Still riding beats driving because you can (illeagally) divide lanes, just be careful doing it. People change lanes often, randomly and cross three lanes without a second thought.

We really don't represent the United States it is a unique place always sufferig growing pains trying to be New York or Hollywood California.
Trends rule lots of people, lots of self involved, self important people constatly attatched to cell phones.... Hot women, ocean, great weather, boating, The Everglades, The Keys, THe Bahamas, Scuba and boats.
Long, boring, straight ride north to get to any other state.

One less obvioius bright side is that if you aren't just unlucky at wrong time/ wrong place you can have some fun and go unnoticed. If you get pulled over and actually stop, have a moto endorsement and are respectful, chances are you will get a warning because so many run, don't have an endorsement and can't form sentances without including "yo dawg it's like this" or something equally as eloquent. Time and place for everything you know?

Your ride sounds awesome. Definitely get an Aerostich catalog as suggested in the other thread. I realize you are coming from the NW but that route through NY mountains, Blue Ridge Pkwy and Deal's Gap Sounds great.
I met a girl at the Deal's Gap in 03 that had ridden I think 12 hours about 900 miles straight from Quebeq.
We had gotten there by p/u truck about same distance from Fl. I felt like a wuss... I've done at least 450 miles on a cool wet day but she doubled that easily.

I'd be glad to meet you at some pt in FL. and help you through the wonderful I-95 traffic to North Miami. Depending on when, I could just ride north to a land mark maybe West Palm Bch. area (about 100 mi. North of me about 80 miles North of "North Miami." )
Watch for State Troopers in that area regardless. Notorious stretch of Turnpike or I-95 for tickets.

I was thinking that for the saddlebags the shape of the tail itself does not seem to want to work with even sport bags. Due to the distance of your trip I'd concetrate on not ruining the paint/ decal on tail. Maybe 3mclear stuff or other Aerostich item.
A carbon fiber canister would solve the heat problem almost entirely. Only the end caps get hot and the strap slightly warm- you can grab the carbon after long rides no problem, does not retain heat.
What better reason to upgrade unless you have a full titanium canister. Carbon is easy on the passengers and doesn't radiate heat. On hot Fl. days every bit helps.

Good luck and enjoy the ride.

Last edited by ZX10Miami; 05-10-2005 at 01:18 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in