Atlanta bikers beware! - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 96 Old 07-19-2006, 11:49 PM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Exclamation Atlanta bikers beware!

Last weekend the APD had 50 cars and 2 helicopters out to "combat the motorcycle problems in the city" They are looking for speeding, reckless driving, improper tags, and lane splitting. I do graphics on police cars and they tell me they will be out this coming weekend also manly on Sunday. I saw several bikes pulled over and some guys getting cuffed and bikes towed! So, be careful!!!!!!!!

Evil Wicked Mean & Nasty!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 96 Old 07-19-2006, 11:58 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Damn I'm glad they don't have a 'GhettoBird" aka helicopter in my city. Give it some time though and I'm sure it will happen.

THem Choppers gotta make it hard as hell to take flight from Johnny Law.

post #3 of 96 Old 07-20-2006, 12:30 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via MSN to Mellonhead
only in america... got none that much in australia...
post #4 of 96 Old 07-20-2006, 12:33 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Send a message via Yahoo to zx10x2
Thanks for the info. I am going to the ATL in two weeks for a family reunion and I plan on towing my bike there. It may just be best to leave it here.

- 90 Mustang Coupe - 578 hp Grocery Getter
- 06 ZX-10 no mods - I love it
- 10 F250 Crew Cab
- 08 F-450 Crew Cab

I HAD A HANDLE ON LIFE, BUT IT BROKE OFF
post #5 of 96 Old 07-20-2006, 02:15 AM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Just drive by an airport where there is restricted airspace to lose the bird and go park in one of those huge parking garages. Go into the airport and have a beer and call a few people. I've outran every loser that turned on his blue and reds. They have no chance. The key is to not get nervous or anxious about the cop behind you. He becomes real small and disappears in your mirror real fast. Have comfort in that nobody can match your speed and power + your mobility to navigate thru traffic. Unless the cop is on a sportbike himself. I've seen them down in southern cali actually.

1993 GSXR750W (For Sale)
2002 Yamaha Raptor 660
2004 Yamoto 150

Last edited by ToddZX10; 07-20-2006 at 02:21 AM.
post #6 of 96 Old 07-20-2006, 02:56 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellonhead
Yeah, and the reason it is becoming so common here in the U.S. is because
the cops know it is fairly easy money. Sport bike riders, here in the U.S., are usually younger folks without much means to fight back when pulled over or given a ticket. The cruiser guys, at least in California, hardly ever get pulled over. Mainly because the guys riding the cruisers are lawyers, doctors, judges, and other "high powered" white collar folks. Folks that can really make a cop's life hell if he pulls over the "wrong" person.

If you gotta ask you can't afford it.
post #7 of 96 Old 07-20-2006, 05:24 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellonhead
The speed gestapo rules Australia. F##king police state.

Never pat a burning cat.
post #8 of 96 Old 07-20-2006, 06:59 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddZX10
Just drive by an airport where there is restricted airspace to lose the bird and go park in one of those huge parking garages. Go into the airport and have a beer and call a few people. I've outran every loser that turned on his blue and reds. They have no chance. The key is to not get nervous or anxious about the cop behind you. He becomes real small and disappears in your mirror real fast. Have comfort in that nobody can match your speed and power + your mobility to navigate thru traffic. Unless the cop is on a sportbike himself. I've seen them down in southern cali actually.
HELL YEAH!!! FUGG THE Pigs!!!

RULE#1: I am always right. RULE#2: In case of doubt refer to rule#1
post #9 of 96 Old 07-20-2006, 07:45 AM
BANNED

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddZX10

You've outrun every "loser" whose tried to pull you over? You may want to rethink about who the real loser is. While you're being a squid running from the police, you're doing great harm to the sportbike community, which is exactly why they are having these crackdowns in Atlanta and other places. Grow up and smarten up.
post #10 of 96 Old 07-20-2006, 02:10 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanw
You've outrun every "loser" whose tried to pull you over? You may want to rethink about who the real loser is. While you're being a squid running from the police, you're doing great harm to the sportbike community, which is exactly why they are having these crackdowns in Atlanta and other places. Grow up and smarten up.
So you're saying I suppose to stop and get my bike impounded and go to jail with all kinds of legal troubles. Have you ever did 130mph+ on the freeway? While that becomes a wreckless and you go down hard if you stop for the cop. If you're a good rider you will not cause problems for other people on the road. Good riders are very defensive and always anticipate bad things happening while trusting no cars around them. Maybe you're just not that good of a rider yet? I'm 37 yrs old and I've been riding since I was 14 (dirtbikes). So I'm not some punk 18 year old talking head here.

I go by personal experience. Here's my history of actually talking to cops when I'm on my bike. I was moving parking spaces in a park and I had my helmet on my arm and a cop gave me a no helmet ticket. I asked him why and he said "all of you guys on those sportbikes deserve everything we can give you". Then I got a speeding ticket in the same day on the way home going 45 in a 40. C'mon, gimme a fukin break. I do that in my car all of the time without a problem. One time I was on a road where I knew a cop sits everyday. He pulled me over and I was actually going a little slower than the limit. I told him I saw him there every day and I would never speed. He said I was speeding and I said let me see your laser/radar. He refused and got all pissy like a kid and told me to sell my bike to stay out of trouble. Why would he ask me to sell my bike? He doesn't know me and he has no right just because he's a officer to tell me that. That is why I call them losers.

Point is that a cop has no chance of catching a good rider on a sportbike unless the rider wrecks. Especially on a ZX10. The cop might as well go to the donut shop instead of wasting our tax dollars on gas trying to catch up somehow.

These bikes are built for power, speed and agility. I love everything about my ZX10 and I will ride it like it was meant to be rode. So you're telling me you go the speed limit everywhere you ride? If so, you need to trade your ZX10 in for a Gold Wing or a bicycle.

1993 GSXR750W (For Sale)
2002 Yamaha Raptor 660
2004 Yamoto 150

Last edited by ToddZX10; 07-20-2006 at 02:26 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in