Ask the ---> L.E.O. Q & A Thread. - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 55 Old 07-30-2009, 12:24 PM Thread Starter
Cross-Eyed Cat

Posting Frequency

Arrow Ask the ---> L.E.O.'s Q & A Thread.

I think this thread needed to be started.

As a "former" Military LEO, I still get a lot of questions about this, that and the other. I was a patrol officer and SRT member (SWAT), and I loved to work traffic...the California Vehicle Code was my favorite reading material when sitting down on the throne!

I know that sometimes things happen to us while we are out on the road, either in the cage or on the road rocket...and when someone with a bit more knowledge can "shed some light" on the subject, it helps us all to feel better.

Just know, LEOs cannot give legal advice...they can only express their individual opinions...so don't ruin it by saying: "Well, this one cop on the ZX-10R forums said I could do that!" Just be real...and if you where wrong - accept the fact an pay your dues!

So, all you L.E.O.'s out there, chip in and give your 2 cents when people ask the question...

...now, let's see where this goes!

the bike is gone...but the memories remain...

Last edited by Ki_Power; 07-30-2009 at 05:05 PM. Reason: added more info...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 55 Old 07-30-2009, 12:34 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

An ambulance was going down Parmer ln.(3 lanes 50mph zone) w/ their sirens on at 35 mph taking up the left 2 lanes. There was no traffic ahead of us so after about 2 miles I got tired of going slow and went to pass in the right hand open lane. As soon as I got next to them they honked at me and i put my hands in the air. I continued to pass them going the speed limit and turned on my street shortly after. So what's the fine for that and why would they be taking up 2 lanes?
Thanks for the input.
post #3 of 55 Old 07-30-2009, 12:39 PM Thread Starter
Cross-Eyed Cat

Posting Frequency

Possible they were working on someone in the back and were keeping the speed down so the EMTs could perform whatever?

I don't know about IN., but in Cali, you can't pass an EV running code 3...regardless of their speed...and you have to stay about 300 feet behind as well if I remember correctly.

the bike is gone...but the memories remain...
post #4 of 55 Old 07-30-2009, 01:02 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

In Texas, anyone know what the fine/punishment would be for riding without the M class endorsement assuming all else is legal?

04 10R - My late brother's bike, will keep forever
03 636 - Track bike build in progress
92 Foxbody coupe, 5.0, 5spd.

FASTEST CHICKEN IN THE SOUTH!
post #5 of 55 Old 07-30-2009, 01:56 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

At least go take the written test and get your permit. It only cost $10 and your new license will show the endorsement but w/ a restriction. I've been pulled over 4 times w/ the restriction and not a single officer said anything about it. I believe the ticket is $250 plus they impound your bike unless the officer is nice and will let a licensed m/c operator come get it.
post #6 of 55 Old 07-30-2009, 03:08 PM
BANNED

Posting Frequency

If I get a seat belt ticket in South Carolina, but live in Alabama, whats gonna happen if I don't pay it?
post #7 of 55 Old 07-30-2009, 03:13 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to K7ZX10RGuy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicMavis View Post
If I get a seat belt ticket in South Carolina, but live in Alabama, whats gonna happen if I don't pay it?
The same thing any money hungry agency will do for any sum of money....they'll send you to collections over it probably being that they have all your information on the citation I am sure

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt." -- Abraham Lincoln

A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory.
post #8 of 55 Old 07-30-2009, 03:27 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to airuhn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omofo View Post
At least go take the written test and get your permit. It only cost $10 and your new license will show the endorsement but w/ a restriction. I've been pulled over 4 times w/ the restriction and not a single officer said anything about it. I believe the ticket is $250 plus they impound your bike unless the officer is nice and will let a licensed m/c operator come get it.

Ticket for driving without a license + Impound

The problem there is usually if you don't have the license, you probably don't have the insurance either. And if you don't have full coverage, the police officer isn't going to let your buddy drive away on it.
post #9 of 55 Old 07-30-2009, 03:57 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

SO what kind of ticket could I expect with this on the back of my helmet?
Attached Images

post #10 of 55 Old 07-30-2009, 04:04 PM
Dont mess wit White Ninja

Posting Frequency

whats the statue that was just passed here in florida stating that the vertical tag mount is not illegal any more? I need the print out of this statue cause I just bought a vertical tag mount again and have already gotten pulled for it and gave my only copy to the officer that pulled me over of the updated statue of june 16, 2009 stating that the fix horizontal position has been deleted!!! need help leo's!!! I cant find the update in the florida statues here online!!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in