to the army guys/gals - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 Old 02-24-2007, 01:39 PM Thread Starter
Post Whore

Posting Frequency

to the army guys/gals

I have a question for you all....

where is the best base to be stationed at? i know its a very general question but, i want to hear from everyone so i can make a choice on where to go.

if you all dont mind sharing the pros and cons of the base your stationed at, then feel free to tell me.

yes i am a Nasty Girl, and the weekend warrior shit is alright, but there is nothing for me here, my job sucks ass, i have no real friends, and i love the military lifestyle.

thank you all,
PV2 Atchue
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 02-24-2007, 01:49 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

I loved every minute of my time in Panama. I'm not even sure if we have a presence there any more.

post #3 of 15 Old 02-24-2007, 02:30 PM
BANNED

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titanium
I have a question for you all....

where is the best base to be stationed at? i know its a very general question but, i want to hear from everyone so i can make a choice on where to go.

if you all dont mind sharing the pros and cons of the base your stationed at, then feel free to tell me.
First bit of advice, it doesn't really matter what base you get stationed at with the Army deployments lately you won't see much of the base..I kid I kid!! My biased Air Force opinion is that Fayet-nam aka Ft Bragg was pretty nice along with Ft Sam Houston here in San Antonio. I've also been through Ft Carson in Colorado Springs but they did away with the dustoff peeps up there so I haven't been through there in about 5 years. Truth is, it doesn't matter what the opinion is of the base, it's all what you make of it. If you don't get out and do things you'll hate the base, if you go out and see different stuff you'll love it. My first assignment I picked all bases close to my home in NH, where did the AF send me??? Okinawa Japan, at first I was pissed but then once I got out and started doing stuff, I was very fortunate to go there and I've been trying like crazy to go back! You can go over to Tori Station over there, I believe the 1st SOG is still there? What is your job going to be?
post #4 of 15 Old 02-24-2007, 02:42 PM
WSB Rider

Location: Georgia is home, but the Army has me in San Antonio, TX!!!
Posting Frequency

It depends on your MOS. I've been stationed at Ft. Gordon, Korea, and Ft. Lewis when I was in the Commo field. Of those three I probably had the best time at Ft. Lewis. I was inthe 1st Special Forces Group there and really enjoyed working with them. Then I changed my MOS and now I'm in the Medical field. Right now I'm stationed in the D.C. area, but Ft. Sam Houston in San Antonio is considered to be the best duty station for the Medical Field.

post #5 of 15 Old 02-24-2007, 05:07 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigcat#44
First bit of advice, it doesn't really matter what base you get stationed at with the Army deployments lately you won't see much of the base..I kid I kid!! My biased Air Force opinion is that Fayet-nam aka Ft Bragg was pretty nice along with Ft Sam Houston here in San Antonio. I've also been through Ft Carson in Colorado Springs but they did away with the dustoff peeps up there so I haven't been through there in about 5 years. Truth is, it doesn't matter what the opinion is of the base, it's all what you make of it. If you don't get out and do things you'll hate the base, if you go out and see different stuff you'll love it. My first assignment I picked all bases close to my home in NH, where did the AF send me??? Okinawa Japan, at first I was pissed but then once I got out and started doing stuff, I was very fortunate to go there and I've been trying like crazy to go back! You can go over to Tori Station over there, I believe the 1st SOG is still there? What is your job going to be?
Thread Jack...I was fortunate enough to get to go to Okinawa Japan twice...I'm there now and I love it...

Back on Topic I would say Okinawa and also a vote for Ft Bragg N.C. puts you close to the Dragon
post #6 of 15 Old 02-24-2007, 08:20 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
depends on your mos. i was stationed in hawaii, at the time wasnt into sportbikes so cant tell you how the riding is there. then i pcsed to arizona (ft huachuca) great place to ride bikes. plenty of twistys and straight roads(best of both worlds). but like i said it depends on your mos and sometimes the need of the army. hooah!!

My Life your Entertainment!!
post #7 of 15 Old 02-24-2007, 08:44 PM
BANNED

Posting Frequency

You will get jacked with more on big posts like Ft Bragg and Ft Benning. Big posts have more and bigger "stuff", PX, commisary, movie, etc. The smaller the place generally the more laid back. Anybody in the army now is likely to end up in Iraq sooner or later. Hawaii is kinda nice with the added benefit of lots of Space Available flight options especially to the orient.
post #8 of 15 Old 02-24-2007, 08:51 PM
I really need to get out of the house

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titanium
yes i am a Nasty Girl,
What?! You're a chick??
post #9 of 15 Old 02-24-2007, 08:52 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

go with germany or doha qatar
post #10 of 15 Old 02-26-2007, 03:06 PM Thread Starter
Post Whore

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy
What?! You're a chick??
Nasty Girl

aka

National Guard

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in