Anyone out there know anything about Social Security? - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 Old 08-25-2009, 04:55 PM Thread Starter
PostWhore

Posting Frequency

Send a message via Yahoo to GuitarPlyr
Anyone out there know anything about Social Security?

SO, without going into a long discussion.....

My wifes sister was murdered by her husband a little over a year ago. We took their then 8-month old child in with us, and since then have not been able to get any help for him. (aside from WIC, and Medicaid, since he is considered a family of 1, unless we adopt).

Anyway, we asked the SS about survivor benefits, but they said the mom didn't work enough to have any. And I am also wondering, with the father now in prison, does that qualify the child for anything? I heard they will tell you that sometimes, even if you qualify. But that is hearsay.

I'm not looking for any handouts or anything like that, but I am recently unemployed, and things are getting tight. I know if we had let her child go to the state in the first place, they would be paying for his upkeep, so why can't we get anything to help him?

I know I could get a SS lawyer, but that seems like a last resort. Anyone have any experience like this, and If so I can explain the situation a little more then.

John 8:24:
Therefore I said to you that you will die in your sins; for if you do not believe that I am He, you will die in your sins."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 08-25-2009, 09:20 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

While you were at Social Security office did you ask about Supplemental Security Income (SSI) ? The child is a US citizen with no source of income...

Tell them you want to apply for the benefit for the child...
post #3 of 14 Old 08-26-2009, 08:59 AM Thread Starter
PostWhore

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by TL1000s View Post
While you were at Social Security office did you ask about Supplemental Security Income (SSI) ? The child is a US citizen with no source of income...

Tell them you want to apply for the benefit for the child...
No, we didnt, and of course they did not offer it. Ill look into it, thanks.

Therefore I said to you that you will die in your sins; for if you do not believe that I am He, you will die in your sins."
post #4 of 14 Old 08-26-2009, 09:09 AM
MIA Post Whore

Posting Frequency

You might also get some assistance/advice on options from a case worker in the State's child welfare office.

http://oca.georgia.gov/00/channel_ti...389391,00.html

2011 Ninja 1K street
2004 636 track
post #5 of 14 Old 08-26-2009, 09:32 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Wow. So good to hear you stepping up to help this poor kid. And it doesn't surprise me one bit to hear that the people who NEED the help the most don't ever seem to be able to get anything. If you were on crack you could get hooked up..but trying to raise a child? Nah, you are on your own. I hate this country. I wish the best for ya.

1976 250 Elsinore Sold
1997 600R Sold
1976 KZ 900 Sold
2003 1500 Meanstreak Sold
2006 DL 650 Sold
2002 919 Hornet Sold
2004 ZX-10R
post #6 of 14 Old 08-26-2009, 09:52 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarPlyr View Post
SO, without going into a long discussion.....

My wifes sister was murdered by her husband a little over a year ago. We took their then 8-month old child in with us, and since then have not been able to get any help for him. (aside from WIC, and Medicaid, since he is considered a family of 1, unless we adopt).

Anyway, we asked the SS about survivor benefits, but they said the mom didn't work enough to have any. And I am also wondering, with the father now in prison, does that qualify the child for anything? I heard they will tell you that sometimes, even if you qualify. But that is hearsay.

I'm not looking for any handouts or anything like that, but I am recently unemployed, and things are getting tight. I know if we had let her child go to the state in the first place, they would be paying for his upkeep, so why can't we get anything to help him?

I know I could get a SS lawyer, but that seems like a last resort. Anyone have any experience like this, and If so I can explain the situation a little more then.

big props man, you saved that kid from a life of foster care and crime! good luck
post #7 of 14 Old 08-28-2009, 04:42 PM
inappropriate

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to hesaves0211
that its the biggest pyramid scam i know

1ST GEN-10R 234hp/[email protected], GT2871RS, cometic gasket, tial bov/ex wastegate, BEGI FMU, WALBRO fuel pump,falicon clutch basket,race pak clutch,200/50 pilot,yana-shiki levers,.net wristband, WEGO III,PC3,GPR damper,cbr cals/Galfer SS brake lines,gp shift,1/5 throttle, 2NDARIES REMOVED <<click for how-to, *R.I.P D.J 10 Apr 04*
post #8 of 14 Old 08-28-2009, 04:49 PM Thread Starter
PostWhore

Posting Frequency

Yeah, man we aint getting nowhere

post #9 of 14 Old 08-29-2009, 09:57 AM
OMG Look at that squid!!

Posting Frequency

You NEED to contact and attorney. That system is f-d up!! Get the experience of a good attorney to sort through the BS.

Because wheelie!!!

17' Honda 1000RR SP - 08' Hypermotard 1100s
16' ZX10R - SOLD
14' Ducati Monster 1200S - SOLD
13' RSV4-R - SOLD
My ZX10R's 11' - 08' - 07' - 05' - 04' - ALL SOLD
Miss my Black 04' the most!
Never enough money, never enough time!

post #10 of 14 Old 08-31-2009, 11:36 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackaddict View Post
You NEED to contact and attorney. That system is f-d up!! Get the experience of a good attorney to sort through the BS.
I don't know how you are coming on this, but if you are referring to the fact that you did not get any help regarding SSI they are just messing with you...

1. The childs real parents/parent do not have an income
2. Unless you have adopted and thus become parents this means the child (U.S Citizen) needs benefits to support self.
3. he cannot work and support self
4. Go back to Social Security and insist on filing for SSI for the child.
5. Once you file, and if it is denied
a file for a redetermination. This is another check of the situation facts.
b If it is denied again, ask for a hearing before an administrative law judge.

You do not need an attorney (and in all probability the judge will look more kindly on your situation if you do not bring one) bring the child and tell the judge the entire story and the benefits of the child living at home with you..

depending on who you will be dealing with (individuals within the bureacracy) it could be frustrating but hang in there and do it.......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in