Anyone have Vonage phone service? - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 Old 01-24-2007, 04:48 AM Thread Starter
The Movie Goer!

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to ZiG 9th
Anyone have Vonage phone service?

If so how do u like it? I'm thinkin about switching?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 Old 01-24-2007, 08:01 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

ive got it... its a good deal, but was a PAIN IN THE ASS to switch my number.

i started the whole process at the end of october and it wasnt complete till January 10. I must have called them 2-3 times a week during that time, and when i threatened them with the better business bureau amazingly i was all set up and ready to go that week...lol

they kept trying to give me a new number, which is fine but it would have been long distance for anybody here in my town to call me.

after getting it alll switched over though im happy with it, and the voice quality is fine even when im surfing the net. the only time i ever had a problem was when i was playing PS2 online the phone was like talking on a cell phone with low signal.

if you can get through the number transfer though its worth doing as long as you have a strong internet connection.
post #3 of 19 Old 01-24-2007, 08:45 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to grover
I've had it for almost a year now and haven't had any problems. Pretty good service.

KRONREIF TRUNKENPOLZ MATTIGHOFEN

post #4 of 19 Old 01-24-2007, 10:58 AM
FAF
Rent this space

Posting Frequency

I have it now, well the ex wife does, I can call all my buds in England and Canada for no extra charge.

Every now and then it is a bit of a pain when the system goes wobbly , but thats cool....for the price.

Plus One...recommended by FAF
post #5 of 19 Old 01-24-2007, 12:52 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

I have Sun Rocket. They are very good and I think a bit better priced than Vonage. I have used them for almost two years now and I have had 1 problem in that entire time (brief outage).

Check em out

http://www.sunrocket.com/
post #6 of 19 Old 01-24-2007, 01:18 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

i have vonage. the only issue i have had is with transferring from one phone to another. it drops calls sometimes. i have upgraded my routers/switches and it still happens sometimes.

whatever you do dont go with 8X8!! i closed my account with them over 6 months ago and they are still billing me!!!

Retail is for squids. Shop like a pro at Superbike Supply.
[email protected]
https://www.facebook.com/superbikesupply
www.forum.superbikesupply.com
1-828-287-2101
post #7 of 19 Old 01-24-2007, 01:22 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to shenanigans
lol I dont use a house phone. thought those things were banned. I just use my cell phone. why pay for two phones?

-Dan AKA Shenanigans

post #8 of 19 Old 01-24-2007, 04:18 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

I checked into it but they do not have a local number for my area yet.

For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:38-39
post #9 of 19 Old 01-24-2007, 04:43 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

I'm my own VoIP service. I run [email protected] now called Trixbox. I can connect up to my VoIP server over the internet and make calls out of my home system like I was dialing from home no matter if I'm over in Tim Buck Two as long as I have a broad band connection. My system as IVR capabilities with multiple extensions phone directory tree help, voice mail for each extension, conference calling, call forwarding, etc, etc. Some neat features of the system are the ability to email me my voice mails (a wav file is included in the email so I can hear the message) and the ability to receive faxes and have the faxes emailed to you. I have 2 extensions set up for me. One for when I'm at home and one on my traveling laptop with mobile broadband. If a person calls me at home and doesn't get me, the system will put the caller on hold, put on hold music, and then try to connect up to me on my traveling extension. If I don't pick up on my traveling extension, the system will then drop the caller into voice mail.

I found a service that I'll probably be signing up for that costs $13.50 a month for unlimited inbound and outbound calling with my own dedicated local number. For anyone with internet access, I don't have to worry about them being on the same VoIP service provider network as I am (ie Vonage to Vonage.) I just set them up an extension, email them the domain name for my network, the extension number, the password, and the software SIP phone (which is free.) So for zero money, I can get a lot of people set up to call me anywhere in the world.
post #10 of 19 Old 01-24-2007, 05:20 PM
Bloo Moderator

Posting Frequency

Anyone know if you can use your standalone fax machine with Vonage?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in