Anyone Have Direct TV - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 06-03-2012, 08:35 PM Thread Starter
Boomer Sooner!

Posting Frequency

Anyone Have Direct TV

So my house is almost done being built and i am going to get direct tv. Probably the Choice extra package. How do you guys like it? Ever had any problems?

On a side note and a little rant. They already have some policies that don't make any sense. I am out on the rig now, and will be here for the next 3 weeks. And have no reciever to get cable. There is a dish out here and all the cables, just not the reciever. I called to see if i could purchase a reciever at full price and pay the full price for one months service so i could watch the NBA finals out here, and they said they can not give me a receiver unless i have the technician come out and actually install a dish. I was going to have them go to my parent house and just setup the dish on a tripod outside so they could just take it down once he leaves and bring the receiver to me, but they said he would even have to run cables and everything. And i cant have it installed at the new house because technically its not my house yet.

I was trying to decide between Direct TV and Dish, and i think direct TV will be better for me bc i am HUGE sports fan and so is my roommate. But not sure yet.

Boomer Sooner!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 06-03-2012, 09:05 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
I have direct TV and like it. My only problem with it, when storms blow in you will normally lose reception. I bought a weather radio to counter act that problem. Now I really enjoy the packages and they have plenty to offer for a reasonable rate. I did have dish but direct had a better offer and we switched about 2 yrs ago. As far as sports programing goes, you shouldn't have any problems watching whatever you want to.
post #3 of 7 Old 06-03-2012, 09:14 PM
Servo's Eliminatus ;)

Posting Frequency

Yeah, I hated when the storm came in and you lost signal.
That's why I dumped em and went with cable.
Don't have the channel choices I used to but it doesn't cut out.

If your hair is short and nappy...
Afrosheen will make you happy.
Anyone remember that one from the 1970's ?
post #4 of 7 Old 06-03-2012, 10:02 PM Thread Starter
Boomer Sooner!

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellsrazor View Post
Yeah, I hated when the storm came in and you lost signal.
That's why I dumped em and went with cable.
Don't have the channel choices I used to but it doesn't cut out.
Yea, although we have direct tv out here, and there were storms almost every night the well before this one and the signal got lost maybe 2 nights out of the 10+ it was storming, and only for about 15 minutes max. So i am not too worried about that.

And i grew up with cox and have always had it, and would love to get it, but i have to have direct tv out here, so its pay for cox tv at home then pay another $60 a month for it out here, or just pay for it at the house and save some money.

Boomer Sooner!!!
post #5 of 7 Old 06-03-2012, 10:07 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

We really liked Direct TV when we had it. Yes when we got bad storms the HD would go out, but we watched a lot of things on DVR. We totally dropped cable all together to save $$$ but if I got it again I would go with Direct TV.

Stupidity and Motivation are a dangerous combination

Velocity Calibrations
post #6 of 7 Old 06-04-2012, 12:52 AM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

I've had cable, Direct and Dish. DirectTV had better packages in my opinion, and the HD seemed better. My big problem with Direct was that a 2mph wind would make me lose my signal. It was way too common to be without tv during any kind of bad weather.
post #7 of 7 Old 06-04-2012, 04:27 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

With the Nation Weather Service based out of Norman (15ish miles from Oklahoma City) the networks cut in if there is any kind of weather in 3/4 of the state so you miss your TV shows anyway. I guess TBS and ESPN has the finals so it doesn't matter. The NFL gets cut into regularly. I have Dish and it seems pretty solid.The weather has to be pretty terrible before we lose signal. We have had tornados within 10 miles and was still watching TV.

War is about killing people and breaking things. It ain't the olympics. Its not supposed to be fair. Tom Clancy

ialsodontknowwhynewpeoplecantseperatetheirthoghtss owecanreadthemitmakesitunweidlyandannoyingtryingto decipherwhattheyaretryingtosaysoiusuallyjustmoveon atleastyouusedpuncuationthoughsocongratsonthatbutm aybeinthefutureyoucanhelpusalloutbecauseyouoranyon eelsewillgetmorerepliesifyoudontwriteonebigrunonth atsimpossibletoread
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in