Is anybody out there? - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 29Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 28 Old 05-17-2019, 02:28 AM Thread Starter
WSB Rider
 
evilaugust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Athens, Ohio
Posts: 648
Posting Frequency
 
Garage
Is anybody out there?

This place has been a bit dead for some time really. I suppose we all are just distant aquaintences, but after so long, you get to know a little about people.

So, how is everyone doing these days?
GreenOne, michael4012 and ddipaola like this.
evilaugust is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 28 Old 05-17-2019, 04:15 AM
Chairman of the Board
 
or10r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 15,975
Posting Frequency
Images: 17
           
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilaugust View Post
This place has been a bit dead for some time really. I suppose we all are just distant aquaintences, but after so long, you get to know a little about people.

So, how is everyone doing these days?
Im here. I check in a few times a day. Your right man. When I saw this thread and saw who posted it, I immediately recognized the user name and already knew what your avatar was. You just kinda do actually get to know people. That's a good thing I think. It is deader than usual around here lately. My guess is that the other forms of social media have diverted people from forums other than strictly a source of information or help with problem solving. A shame really. I have met at least 20 members from here in person at track days or races. Its been great to be able to do that. To go 1000 miles from home and meet a perfect stranger that you feel as if you already know. Many of them willing to extend hospitalities to me just because of this forum and the relationships developed here. I would love to see that here again. I know it still exists here. Maybe just not as much as it used to.
YSR50 and evilaugust like this.

or10r is offline  
post #3 of 28 Old 05-17-2019, 06:33 AM
Champion Rider
 
ShawnG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Saginaw Mi
Posts: 250
Posting Frequency
 
Garage
Do wish it was more active, feel like this is by far the best source to discuss our passions rather than facebook. I have been telling people to give us updates on setups or track weekends just so there is more content. I dont even care if its your first track day, at least its something to talk about.
ShawnG is offline  
post #4 of 28 Old 05-17-2019, 06:58 AM
WSB Rider
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Charlotte
Posts: 668
Posting Frequency
 
FB groups are killing forums. Sad, really, all FB groups have a life cycle.

FB group started
FB group active with real content and knowledge
FB group grows in popularity
FB group becomes dominated with sarcastic remarks mixed with good comments.
FB group becomes more memes and sarcastic comments
FB group essentially has no good content and anyone offering good advice has left
FB group is now nothing more than an entertainment group around the hobby it was started under
FB group is now totally useless and several hobby specific forums are dead.

2011 ZX10R
2012 FZ6R
2012 TU250X
2013 ZX6R
2017 GSX-R1000R
realpsi is offline  
post #5 of 28 Old 05-17-2019, 07:43 AM
Judge Dredd Mod
 
mr_honez's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bastrop, Texas
Posts: 9,182
Posting Frequency
           
I'm here, and as long as the page exists will always be. I don't post like I used to but its usually because I don't have anything informative on whatever the thread is about. I'm ignant to all these new fangled motorcycles out there lol

BURNOUT.....
Attitudes are contagious. Mine might kill you.

Last edited by mr_honez; 05-17-2019 at 07:45 AM.
mr_honez is offline  
post #6 of 28 Old 05-17-2019, 07:58 AM
Champion Rider
 
ShawnG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Saginaw Mi
Posts: 250
Posting Frequency
 
Garage
The shit that gets me with FB pages is the content moves down so damn fast its non existent after a day or two. And being on your cell phone 99% of the time you have to scroll for an hour to find what someone posted yesterday or whatever algorithm FB has sent it into nowhere because it wasn't a popular post or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by realpsi View Post
FB groups are killing forums. Sad, really, all FB groups have a life cycle.

FB group started
FB group active with real content and knowledge
FB group grows in popularity
FB group becomes dominated with sarcastic remarks mixed with good comments.
FB group becomes more memes and sarcastic comments
FB group essentially has no good content and anyone offering good advice has left
FB group is now nothing more than an entertainment group around the hobby it was started under
FB group is now totally useless and several hobby specific forums are dead.
ShawnG is offline  
post #7 of 28 Old 05-17-2019, 08:23 AM
GP Rider
 
NinjaLife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: N. Florida
Posts: 1,388
Posting Frequency
  
It definitely has been oddly quiet around here lately.

I check in almost everyday and see what's going on, I'm like Honez though, I usually don't have anything useful to add so I'll just browse and hit "Like" on a few posts lol.

Anybody know if Skydork is ok? he usually would pop in every once in a while. What about Scout? did he get a yamaha R1 or a different bike?
I know our guy Cap is good, I see him post every now and then.

Facebook Groups are a wreck, the one 10r group I'm apart of on FB isn't as bad as the ZX6R group or the mustang group that I'm part of on there.
SkyDork likes this.
NinjaLife is offline  
post #8 of 28 Old 05-17-2019, 09:21 AM Thread Starter
WSB Rider
 
evilaugust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Athens, Ohio
Posts: 648
Posting Frequency
 
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaLife View Post
It definitely has been oddly quiet around here lately.

I check in almost everyday and see what's going on, I'm like Honez though, I usually don't have anything useful to add so I'll just browse and hit "Like" on a few posts lol.

Anybody know if Skydork is ok? he usually would pop in every once in a while. What about Scout? did he get a yamaha R1 or a different bike?
I know our guy Cap is good, I see him post every now and then.

Facebook Groups are a wreck, the one 10r group I'm apart of on FB isn't as bad as the ZX6R group or the mustang group that I'm part of on there.
I think I saw a SkyDork post recently which may have triggered this post in the first place.
SkyDork and NinjaLife like this.
evilaugust is offline  
post #9 of 28 Old 05-17-2019, 12:36 PM
REPOST Enforcement Mod
 
SkyDork's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Wesley Chapel, FL
Posts: 13,480
Posting Frequency
           
Garage


I'm here! Thanks for asking! Things have been crazy busy for me at work lately and I'm not near a computer very much. When I am, I do a quick check of this site without logging in. I just haven't had much type to post my typical, wordy responses!

I may not be perfect, but at least I don't ride a Suzuki.

Ridding the Internet of bad grammar, 1 post at a time.
#WordCrimes




SkyDork is offline  
post #10 of 28 Old 05-17-2019, 03:26 PM
GP Rider
 
michael4012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: England
Posts: 1,124
Posting Frequency
 
Yupp its been quite, i do my best to help folks.....but errrr il just leave it at that
NinjaLife likes this.
michael4012 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (0 members and 2 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Is there anybody out there? Ctchme Regional Forums 0 07-16-2007 05:46 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome