Anybody nootice how little traffic there is on the site latley? - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 35 Old 12-04-2008, 08:38 PM Thread Starter
La Flama Blanca
 
9R to 10R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Stonewall, La
Posts: 7,720
Posting Frequency
Images: 102
           
Anybody nootice how little traffic there is on the site latley?

I have been posting on here for a while now, and over the last couple of months (since all the drama) there is noticably less and less trafic on the site.
I surf the site by hitting the "new posts" button 99% of the time and there are definately less and less new posts every day. maybe it is just that time of the year, or we are just going through a "phase" but it can't be ignored.

Just thought I would bring it up, I miss all the interaction


"Now, I am Become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds"
9R to 10R is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 35 Old 12-04-2008, 08:52 PM
GP Rider
 
dirt ninja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,971
Posting Frequency
Images: 9
    
I agree with you on this one. I know the redundancy around here wore alot of us out.

Marchesini Magnesiums,Nassert beet,kawi cam,.45 headgasket,DJ PC/Ig.M/QS,velocity stacks,bmc race,gipro,sato rearsets,helibars,throttlemeisters,pazzo shorties,speedohealer,520 renthal sprockets,penske 8393 double clicker,traxxion dynamic springs,scotts stabilizer,lsl frame sliders,cox radiator guard,powerbronze hugger,puig DB,solo seat cover,Valentine1,dual low beam projectors,55w.hids, brembo superbike rotors,Goodridge superbike lines,nissin calipers and rizoma mirrors,mda123 battery.
dirt ninja is offline  
post #3 of 35 Old 12-04-2008, 09:02 PM
Postwhore with an 04
 
bcm0018's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: West Chester, PA
Posts: 4,387
Posting Frequency
           
I hear ya man. I noticed it myself, I am on the site just about everyday lately. I mostly hang in the outhouse, lately I have more fun getting to know people and I help with tech stuff when I can. I think the holidays combined with the economy might be having an effect on the site. People are usually really busy around the holidays and with the crappy economy its compounding people's problems.

That and a lot of tech threads are getting repetitive too, I hate to say it but almost everything that someone wants to do has been done by somebody else. Not that I mind answering questions anyone might have about something if I can but some people find it irritating and jump on people "use the search".

I still enjoy it and quite a few others do too! More will come, some will stay, and some will leave but we will always have our bikes in common
bcm0018 is offline  
post #4 of 35 Old 12-04-2008, 09:03 PM
WSB Rider
 
Otto Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Fred-vegas, VA
Posts: 762
Posting Frequency
  
Send a message via AIM to Otto Man
Maybe the fact that its out of riding season for like half the country? And the rhetorical questions all the fawking time. Happens to all of the motored vehicle enthusiasts forums.
Otto Man is offline  
post #5 of 35 Old 12-04-2008, 09:06 PM
can we ride yet!?!?!?
 
coolgjc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: in the corn
Posts: 3,522
Posting Frequency
         
i was thinking the same, less traffic on here
coolgjc is offline  
post #6 of 35 Old 12-04-2008, 09:23 PM Thread Starter
La Flama Blanca
 
9R to 10R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Stonewall, La
Posts: 7,720
Posting Frequency
Images: 102
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto Man View Post
Maybe the fact that its out of riding season for like half the country? And the rhetorical questions all the fawking time. Happens to all of the motored vehicle enthusiasts forums.

Seemed like last year anyway, there was more traffic during the winter, cause guys could not go and ride so they posted more.


"Now, I am Become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds"
9R to 10R is offline  
post #7 of 35 Old 12-04-2008, 09:34 PM
Bloo Moderator
 
bluedevil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: SAC,CA
Posts: 23,742
Posting Frequency
Images: 3
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcm0018 View Post
I hear ya man. I noticed it myself, I am on the site just about everyday lately. I mostly hang in the outhouse, lately I have more fun getting to know people and I help with tech stuff when I can. I think the holidays combined with the economy might be having an effect on the site. People are usually really busy around the holidays and with the crappy economy its compounding people's problems.

That and a lot of tech threads are getting repetitive too, I hate to say it but almost everything that someone wants to do has been done by somebody else. Not that I mind answering questions anyone might have about something if I can but some people find it irritating and jump on people "use the search".

I still enjoy it and quite a few others do too! More will come, some will stay, and some will leave but we will always have our bikes in common


I think there was more action when there was drama only

I will see if I can get Rich to do a bump up on the Contest section and add a special NEW Mod to take care of that.

...but will say this give it time when old members leave new one's with new personalities come in and can always spark a site if not turned away from the beginning.
bluedevil is offline  
post #8 of 35 Old 12-04-2008, 09:42 PM Thread Starter
La Flama Blanca
 
9R to 10R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Stonewall, La
Posts: 7,720
Posting Frequency
Images: 102
           
Maybe we can add to this some of our members ideas (brainstorming!) on what we can do to make the site better, I mean Kawasaki is making beter bikes than ever, and selling more for that matter, we should be (and can be) stronger than ever. ZX-10R.net can definately maintain status as the PREMIER kawasaki site on the net. The craptastic Kawiforums (250 central) can't compare to the best! I refuse to jumpship to that squidfest.


"Now, I am Become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds"
9R to 10R is offline  
post #9 of 35 Old 12-04-2008, 09:51 PM
Bloo Moderator
 
bluedevil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: SAC,CA
Posts: 23,742
Posting Frequency
Images: 3
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9R to 10R View Post
Maybe we can add to this some of our members ideas (brainstorming!) on what we can do to make the site better, I mean Kawasaki is making beter bikes than ever, and selling more for that matter, we should be (and can be) stronger than ever. ZX-10R.net can definately maintain status as the PREMIER kawasaki site on the net. The craptastic Kawiforums (250 central) can't compare to the best! I refuse to jumpship to that squidfest.
9R I respect you and you know that but lets be honest....this is a ZX10R Forum DOMINANT and believe because of our past and current members we may be the culprit of our own success.

Meaning we deal with 10Rs period as a priority not like other sites and this site does such a great job to give out that information that is needed that you don't even need to post anymore just use the search button...the 08 10R is if you will the last to explore until 2010.

If we can expand the Focus to the other Ninjas it may become the best some day but this site is not even making a profit with one NINJA....maybe because it's called zx-10r.net or zx10r.com
bluedevil is offline  
post #10 of 35 Old 12-04-2008, 10:39 PM
Champion Rider
 
olec4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 361
Posting Frequency
Images: 5
 
Well I have to say I am busier than hell lately and I know I have less time to enjoy all that the site has to offer. I work retail and this is go time for us so I know that between work and family and second job there isn't much free time. Hey how about we stir up the hive and get into some debates about sports religions and politics................. that should at leeast keep the outhouse going strong !

olec4 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Traffic Report litrejunkie The Out House 2 03-11-2005 01:52 AM
Guys we need a site Diva ! SheSpawns is on 1000RR site!! Austin10RPowers The ZX-10R 28 09-23-2004 12:43 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome