americans using there right to protest - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 07-03-2006, 10:57 PM Thread Starter
I really need to get out of the house

Posting Frequency

americans using there right to protest

A woman who said she was offended when Victoria's Secret staff asked her to nurse her baby in an employee restroom organized a nursing protest in front of the store as part of a national nurse-in. About 20 women and children came out in support of Rebecca Cook in front of the Victoria's Secret store at the Regency Mall in Racine on Saturday. Cook said she was shopping at the store with a friend last week when she asked to use a dressing room to nurse her daughter. When she was told no room was available, she offered to sit in the rear of the dressing room hallway but was told that was unacceptable, she said. "They opened up their employee restroom, which is disgusting," she said. "I said, 'No, I don't eat in the bathroom and my daughter doesn't eat in the bathroom."' A spokesman for Limited Brands Inc., the Columbus-based parent company of Victoria's Secret, said the company has a long-standing policy that allows mothers to nurse in their stores. "In this incidence it was not adhered to. We regret that and apologize for that," said spokesman Anthony Hebron. Complaints about Victoria's Secret employees by Cook and another nursing mother from Massachusetts sparked the national event. In Ohio, about 15 mothers nursed their babies for about a half hour outside a Victoria's Secret store in the Cleveland suburb of Westlake. "It's kind of ironic that Victoria's Secret, which plasters breasts everywhere, is offended at seeing breasts used for their intended purpose," said Anna Mauser-Martinez, who organized the Westlake nurse-in. A year ago, lawmakers legalized breast-feeding in public places in Ohio. In Wisconsin, State Sen. Fred Risser, D-Madison, introduced a bill last year that would have allowed women to breast-feed in any public or private place where they were authorized to be, but the bill died in committee in May. Women who nurse in public in the state are protected from criminal prosecution. Cook said the nurse-in was meant to make people aware that breasts are not obscene. "I understand that some businesses might not want to open up a dressing room for a nursing mom because it's taking up spots for customers," she said. "It's about being told that it's dirty, that it needs to be in the bathroom and needs to be away in private. That's the mentality that we're trying to fight." She added that the store's models and mannequins show more breast than the average nursing mom does. Hebron said the company would treat the protest as an opportunity to remind associates of the nursing policy. Copies of the policy would be posted at employee work stations and store managers would talk to associates to remind them of the policy, he said.

goes to show you. Don't piss off mom

Rain. Whats is this Rain i keep hearing?.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 07-03-2006, 11:17 PM
MIA mod

Posting Frequency

Never, ever, piss off a lactating mother. You will suffer for the rest of your natural life and maybe then some.

Some days will stay a thousand years, some pass like the flash of a spark.
post #3 of 8 Old 07-04-2006, 08:56 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

I got no problem with breasts being out in public. Drink up kids.

RULE#1: I am always right. RULE#2: In case of doubt refer to rule#1
post #4 of 8 Old 07-04-2006, 10:07 AM
Post Whore

Posting Frequency

Lol

04 Green ZX-10R, Evo II Header, Evo Canister, PCIIIUSB, BMC Race Filter, Vortex adj. Rearsets, Scorpio Alarm, Scotts Damper, Ivan's TRE, Ivan PCIII USB Map, Ivan's Kleen Block-Offs, Clear Alternatives Flush Mounts, Puig Double Bubble, Mirror Blocks, Sho-gun sliders, 1/5 throttle, Hot bodies fender eliminator, Goodridge SS lines, pazzo shorties and exhuast hanger.
post #5 of 8 Old 07-04-2006, 11:46 AM Thread Starter

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost666
I got no problem with breasts being out in public. Drink up kids.

post #6 of 8 Old 07-04-2006, 12:19 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

hey rocketracermike is your avatar real?

Riding straight is boring.

PC3, TRE, KLEEN BLOCK OFF PLATES, K&N AIR FILTER, PIG SPOTTERS, INTEGRATED TAILLIGHT, EURO FLUSHMOUNT FRONT BLINKERS, YOSHIMURA SLIPON
post #7 of 8 Old 07-04-2006, 12:24 PM Thread Starter

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange_R
hey rocketracermike is your avatar real?

No. I wish it was. A cheap photo shop job.

post #8 of 8 Old 07-04-2006, 12:25 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

no kiddin, i am gonna see about gettin me and my bike in a pic with one of my tanks.

Riding straight is boring.

PC3, TRE, KLEEN BLOCK OFF PLATES, K&N AIR FILTER, PIG SPOTTERS, INTEGRATED TAILLIGHT, EURO FLUSHMOUNT FRONT BLINKERS, YOSHIMURA SLIPON
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in