Am I crazy or just addicted to adrenaline? gixxer kart project - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 08-10-2010, 08:52 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Am I crazy or just addicted to adrenaline? gixxer kart project

So a friend of mine gave me his wrecked gsxr600 05 model. The harness needs a starter relay and some slight mods but the engine is still in perfect condition. I'm building a 125lbs (without motor) full suspension mini sand rail using raptor 700r front control arms and complete rear swing arm suspension swap to my frame and all wheel disc brakes. I've done the calculations with sprocket ratio, tire and rim size, transmission ratio and it's gonna be around top speed 160mph at 15,500rpms (that's only because of my limited sprocket ratio and tire size availability) running a 10 in the 1/4 and I'm gonna try and get it street legal here in NM. Is this the early signs of an adrenaline junkie?

It's gonna be all custom built with 13/14 inch rims and H rated tires or better and a reinforced frame and rear axle. Let me know if you think I'm crazy or not. I know some of it sounds far fetched but I'm trying to aim for the stars here. Literally haha no not really.

Last edited by 89StarquestTSi; 08-10-2010 at 08:56 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 08-10-2010, 08:54 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

That sounds crazy as hell!!Id like to try it when your done.

LOR, PCIII,SHARKSKINZ.TECH SPEC,CRG,PZRACING GEAR INDICATOR AND SHIFT LIGHT,VORTEX,OSF REARSETS,MAVIRYK 8 CELL BATT,OHLINS STEERING DAMPER,ROCKWALL CLIPONS,GOODRIDGE BRAKE LINES,COX RACING RADIATOR GAURD,DID GOLD CHAIN,CHAMP CHAIN ADJUSTERS,NISSIN FRONT CALIPERS,ZERO GRAVITY,WOODCRAFT,EBC EXTREME PRO,XT RACING LAP TIMER,T-REX FRAME SLIDERS.GP STYL SHIFT
post #3 of 10 Old 08-10-2010, 09:01 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

It's gonna take me a few months to complete the frame and mount the motor. Then I will still have to adjust all the suspension and steering to handle this power through trial and error. I've noticed that most gixxer karts have the problem of hooking up because they all run such small tires. I think I have that problem fixed with the custom wheel hubs that I'm having made for the rear axle to mount 13/14 inch lightweight compact car tires with H rated speeds (131 mph threshold) or better and allows me to keep the original sprocket ratio (16 front 45 rear) without modifying too much or going with a ridiculous sprocket ratio or custom made sprockets haha

Last edited by 89StarquestTSi; 08-10-2010 at 09:07 PM.
post #4 of 10 Old 08-11-2010, 09:52 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Would you mind posting pics through the build? I have a GSXR 750 that was wrecked and I've been thinking of doing something similar.

I have to start parting out what I don't need this weekend to help with the build cost. First things to go will be the chrome rims and polished frame.

98 900rr SOLD
04 GSX-R 1K SOLD
05 ZX-10R SOLD
09 Busa. SOLD
13 ZX-10R New Baby
post #5 of 10 Old 08-11-2010, 09:57 AM
Squid

Posting Frequency

Don't sound crazy to me, Sounds like a FAN-FREAKIN-TASTIC idea to me. I'm building a Super 4 wheeler right now. I have a raptor 700 frame with a turbo'd busa motor in it. Swing arm's streached and were working on lowereing it a little. I live in utah and were thinging of taking it to the bonneville salt flats. Ive already had it over 100 mph and was only in 3rd.
post #6 of 10 Old 08-11-2010, 08:25 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Yes I can post up pics. Just need to find my digital camera haha.

Hey tommyman82 where can I get a stretched swingarm for a 700 raptor? I'm thinking I'll need to extend it to have the tires I'm mounting clear the frame.
post #7 of 10 Old 08-11-2010, 08:44 PM
Of course you are faster

Posting Frequency

Oh my goodness, when just reading the words make me afraid, very afraid.... it's got to be bad azz.

I'm suprised that more people don't use Gixxer engines for everything, got to be a bunch of wadded gixxers with sounds engines.

It's gonna be a screamer, double your life insurance, and wear a cup.

Need to know how to install your Rifleman's 1/5th throttle insert? click me
For more info on a sticky grip (not enough cable slack) click me
And another amazing install write up click this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifleman View Post
lol, once you go 1/5th... you NEVER go back
post #8 of 10 Old 08-11-2010, 09:24 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

It is nothing short of a great idea, although a bigger engine would be good. After seeing a vid like this, i want to make one myself

http://www.youtube.com/watch#!v=KR9Q...eature=related

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Op- View Post
Unless Scout says dont do it. Then, really, just do it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by or10r View Post
I know its blistering fast but you cant outrun ugly.
post #9 of 10 Old 08-13-2010, 11:47 PM
Squid

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89StarquestTSi View Post
Yes I can post up pics. Just need to find my digital camera haha.

Hey tommyman82 where can I get a stretched swingarm for a 700 raptor? I'm thinking I'll need to extend it to have the tires I'm mounting clear the frame.
You can get them off ebay, or a couple of online places, I had mine made by a company in SLC Utah, I'll see if i can find their name
post #10 of 10 Old 08-14-2010, 03:15 AM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

I'd appreciate that. It would help in my build and eliminate some problems I've been trying to foresee. BTW what kind of ATV tires are you running that hold up to those kinds of speeds?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in