Always pull over!! Dont Run!! - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 47 Old 10-30-2006, 03:26 PM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to colinmitchell111
Always pull over!! Dont Run!!

Here is a great example why in some cases its better to just stop rather than run from a cop..

So its the last nice day of the year today. I figure this will be the last time its warm enough to ride agressive so I decide to hit up my favorite twisty road out in the country. The road is right off of a busy state route right outside of town. I am about a mile away from my turn so I start violently scrubbing heat into my tires, weaving back and forth.. I am right behind a van so I figured I was safe. Well while Im weaving back and forth, A sherrif passes me going the opposide direction and hits his lights.. I am only about 1/4 mile from my turn and I could have easily out ran him on that twisty road and escaped out in the country.. I was already going 60 and he was had to turn arround and catch me through traffic. So as Im turning onto the road with full intentions on running when I think to myeslf, its not worth it because I have a permit, insurance, and did nothing wrong, Ill just tell him there was an animal. So I slow way down waiting for him, took him about 5 mins to catch up while im doing 40. I even pulled over when he was still about 1/4 mile behind me. So he asks me for license, registration, insurance and that stuff. I give it to him and he asks why I was weaving and I told him there was an animal that ran out. So he goes back to the car and comes back and asks me. Did you know your permit expired last month? I was like oh shit I thought I got it this spring not last fall. So he says Im going to have to write you up for no motorcycle endorsement, witch is the same as no operators license, a big deal. So I said I was sorry and I saw him comming so I waited, and all my friends would have ran and prolly crashed. I said I did the responseable thing and pulled over without running. He thought about it for a min and said ok, Ill follow you home and just give you a verbal warning. So he follows me home and he says that my back left turn signal is out. He didnt care though. So if you ever think about running, think about it first if its worth it or not..

05 Red 10R - Full Arrow system w/ carbon shorty can, Factory Pro velocity stacks, BMC race filter, Ivan's TRE, DJ PC3, DJ Quick Shifter, Scotts damper, Galfer SS Brake likes front and rear, Smoke DB windscreen, smoked front signals, gold Sato rearsets, solo seat cover, HID headlights, custom projector headlight, Hotbodies undertail, CRG Roll-A-Click gold levers. 190/55 Conti Sport Attacks.

www.myspace.com/zx10rcolin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 47 Old 10-30-2006, 03:31 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

that is very true, nice job!

"Lead, Follow, or get the hell outta my way!!"

Blue 2004 ZX-10R
- 152.5rwhp 77.6rwtq - more than I need

Red 2003 Jack ROUSH Classic #8 of 50
- 375rwhp 381rwtq
post #3 of 47 Old 10-30-2006, 03:33 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Wow. You certainly received mercy there. I never run either. Heck alot of times we just sit and chat about bikes together when they pull me over (Happened about a week ago).
post #4 of 47 Old 10-30-2006, 03:34 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to trbltriage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickRoush03
that is very true, nice job!

post #5 of 47 Old 10-30-2006, 03:41 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Send a message via Yahoo to zx10x2
I think my problem is I have a intemidating look about myself. So I never get a break. You get some rep for doing what you did.

- 90 Mustang Coupe - 578 hp Grocery Getter
- 06 ZX-10 no mods - I love it
- 10 F250 Crew Cab
- 08 F-450 Crew Cab

I HAD A HANDLE ON LIFE, BUT IT BROKE OFF
post #6 of 47 Old 10-30-2006, 03:43 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

that is a good point, also a mature decision

2004 ZX10R, mostly kinda stock
post #7 of 47 Old 10-30-2006, 03:52 PM
I really need to get out of the house

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to luckz88 Send a message via Yahoo to luckz88
Good decision. If you dont get an attitude that helps a lot as proven in this case.

NESBA #88

Madness Racing wishes he could handle the power of a GSXR

All my homies left this site
post #8 of 47 Old 10-30-2006, 04:02 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via MSN to zx7rydr
Nice job, you are lucky though.

CA green int. brake light, CA green front blinkers, APE manual cct, Kleen air mod (Ivan's), Jumper mod, Full Akrapovich Race exhaust, PC3, Factory Pro Velocity Stacks, Muzzys Alum. Rad. Fan, Factory Pro Shift Star kit, Competition Werks fender elim, Stealth Sprockets (-1, +2), D.I.D ERV3 X-Ring Gold Chain, Speedo Healer, GPR V4, Black/Black Pazzo "shorty" levers, 08 ZX6R Calipers, rockin the pilot powers, more to come...
post #9 of 47 Old 10-30-2006, 04:26 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to smalls23
nice job! Glad you caught a break..

I pulled someone over the other night who was smokin his tires are a red light and riding stupid. When I stopped he said " Man what you stoppin me for" And i informed him accordingly. Well he received a warning because he lives in my jurisdiction and I will bump into him alot ( and i told him that ) so I have his plate and vin and address. I just hopes the break calms him down before he hurts himself or another.
post #10 of 47 Old 10-30-2006, 04:34 PM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to colinmitchell111
Thanks for the comments guys.. Now I feel if you treat the officer with respect, honesty, and maturity, they will give you a break and treat you the same. And it prolly means more to them when it comes from a 21 year old.

05 Red 10R - Full Arrow system w/ carbon shorty can, Factory Pro velocity stacks, BMC race filter, Ivan's TRE, DJ PC3, DJ Quick Shifter, Scotts damper, Galfer SS Brake likes front and rear, Smoke DB windscreen, smoked front signals, gold Sato rearsets, solo seat cover, HID headlights, custom projector headlight, Hotbodies undertail, CRG Roll-A-Click gold levers. 190/55 Conti Sport Attacks.

www.myspace.com/zx10rcolin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in