ahh im torn ... - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 Old 12-22-2008, 05:29 PM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

ahh im torn ...

so all my life ive been saving and saving for all my toys.. and i got 2 out of 3

1. my wrx
2. my motorcycle (06 10r)

the 3rd slighty more expensive is a house .. im 25 live at home got a good job (in medical industry) so im confident that i'll have a job

the car is 1/3rd paid off ( got it new in 07)
bike is payed off
car is my only payment ( other then insurance and cell)

well the 1198 came out and i fell in love.. have a refundable deposit on one.. (always always always loved ducati)
but i really want to move out (many reasons but nothing forcing me)

so 1198 or keep saving for a house

i still have my 10r which i love to death
but the 1198..

and im positive that when i do get a house (single or married) that i prolly won't be able to afford a new bike anytime soon ( i try to pay as much as i can as quickly as i can)

don't know what this post is supposed to accomplish .. i guess i wanna hear some one validate my quandry lol

"Once you've tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you long to return."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 Old 12-22-2008, 05:37 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

The best thing I ever did was get into my own house.. The bike you have will do everything the D-1198 will do but cost way less.. I love the toys just like the next guy and I would never go back on my house.. Sure its nothing fancy but its mine.. I was kind of in the same boat as you with the new Cadillac truck and still wish I had the EXT but I have a house!!!!! The truck will come one day.. The house is something people work there whole life for...I know I busted my ass not to rent... KEEP THE KAWI AND GET A HOUSE

IM THE GUY YOUR MOM WARNED YOU ABOUT!

Last edited by luxurylows; 12-22-2008 at 05:40 PM.
post #3 of 26 Old 12-22-2008, 05:42 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

IMO there is no doubt...get a house.

You own a great bike, have a great car. The house is a great investment and "should" appreciate over time. The bike will depreciate over time.
Don't be that guy with all of the nice toys and fancy gadgets but lives in a shack. A good home should be priority one!!!

I for one wanted an 1098 and still do but made a choice to keep money in the bank and get the zx10r. I love the 10r and it is a dream bike for me. The 1198 is indeed sweet, but it is overkill on the toys. Especially since you have the 10r!! One bike should be enough unless you already have a home and a retirement acct funded, then by all means...get the 1198.

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak!!!

Moderation in all things. Including moderation...Petronius

Last edited by Vanilla; 12-22-2008 at 05:48 PM.
post #4 of 26 Old 12-22-2008, 05:42 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to ricozx10r
house first. bike later. i must say
post #5 of 26 Old 12-22-2008, 05:44 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to slav
Get both! Buy the house and the duc as a welcome home present. If you're in the medical field you most likely will still have a job. But know this... you have a 10. I don't have my own house but you'll be spending a lot of money on furniture as well as nice tv's with surround sound. Don't just get a house to get a house either, make sure it is something you are extremely happy with. The Duc can of course wait. If it were an Agusta than this would be a whole different situation.

This is a really good time to buy property... Might even get better when you're ready and found one. There will be a lot more jobs lost; a lot.
post #6 of 26 Old 12-22-2008, 05:49 PM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by slav View Post
If it were an Agusta than this would be a whole different situation.
hahaha

yea im not to worried about a job .. and im going back to school too ( on works dime)

house wise im not going for anything spectacular 2 bed 1.5 bath .. and a garage ... the garage is what i really want hahaha

been also talking to my parents about building a garage on the back of the house with a small "apartment" on top .. which when im done with can be rented out

"Once you've tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you long to return."
post #7 of 26 Old 12-22-2008, 05:55 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to slav
Quote:
Originally Posted by drkramm View Post
hahaha

yea im not to worried about a job .. and im going back to school too ( on works dime)

house wise im not going for anything spectacular 2 bed 1.5 bath .. and a garage ... the garage is what i really want hahaha

been also talking to my parents about building a garage on the back of the house with a small "apartment" on top .. which when im done with can be rented out
Only do something like that if they need money after you move. Don't want people you don't know. Plus if you'd pay for the project, you'll set yourself back that much more. Better buy the Duc and stay in the house. But I would move out. How old are you? and where in the medical field are you?
post #8 of 26 Old 12-22-2008, 06:04 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by drkramm View Post
im 25 live at home got a good job (in medical industry) so im confident that i'll have a job
Quote:
How old are you?
uhhh, uhhhh

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak!!!

Moderation in all things. Including moderation...Petronius
post #9 of 26 Old 12-22-2008, 06:05 PM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Only do something like that if they need money after you move. Don't want people you don't know. Plus if you'd pay for the project, you'll set yourself back that much more. Better buy the Duc and stay in the house. But I would move out. How old are you? and where in the medical field are you?

25. just weaseled my way in to a engineering position ( start in the new year, weaseled cause i only have my a.a.s but am in school for my b.s)

i will have a house at some point lol. i just know that if i buy the bike it will be about 5 years longer then if i didn't( short of finding the rich hottie of course but im not putting my stock in that)

post #10 of 26 Old 12-22-2008, 06:07 PM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

and if i don't buy the duc i could dump a lil money into some toys for both the car and the bike .. well the car atleast there isn't much i wanna do to the bike.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in