Aggressive LEOs - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old 05-26-2007, 03:01 AM Thread Starter
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Aggressive LEOs

My first REALLY negative experience with the police since I have been riding sportbikes....... counting all my tickets.

I was headed out to Deal's Gap Thursday morning, rolling towards Asheville. I had my radar detector on. I checked my mirrors and saw a Ford sedan closing in on me IN A HURRY. I cut the throttle out of instinct and double checked my speed. I had an indicated 67 so I figured I was doing right at 60mph, the limit.
I check my mirrors again and sure enough it's the NC Highway Patrol and he is about 8 feet off my license plate. OMG that scared me.
I maintained my speed and kept waiting for him to turn his blue lights on. He never did. I started to get really pissed off.
Have you ever had a car follow you less than ten feet back while you are going hiway speeds? That is a life-threatening situation.
After about 20 seconds of this BS, he still hadn't turned his lights on to pull me over, but F*CK I was so worried about getting killed, I was going to just pull over anyway. I put my blinker on and started looking for a clean spot on the shoulder and this prick switches lanes and cruises on past me.

My license plate is mounted in the stock location, and is easily visible. It is obvious this guy was pacing me and DYING to pull me over, but couldn't, because I wasn't breaking the law.

What would you guys have done?

Proper lubrication is the solution to 90% of life's problems.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 05-26-2007, 03:26 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Pulled over. If he wanted to book you he would do it. That really gives me the shites. Doesn't much matter if its a cop or not, when someone is sitting on your arse it's scary. I'm originally from Queensland, and up there tailgating is a daily sport for most cagers, I hate it

Bill - GI Pro, Hindle slip on, Smoked screen, ZX14 brakes.... Well, you feel lucky, punk? You shouldn't, this is a 10R
post #3 of 12 Old 05-26-2007, 08:12 AM
I really need to get out of the house

Posting Frequency

you did the right thing. pull off to the side. never had one tail gate me.

Rain. Whats is this Rain i keep hearing?.
post #4 of 12 Old 05-26-2007, 08:29 AM
Accountant in training.

Posting Frequency

Come on Casey.... You should have bounced it up for him. Done a nice stand up.

You did about the right thing. With your 16t, 67 is probably very close to an actual 60... Maybe 61....

Chris

post #5 of 12 Old 05-26-2007, 08:59 AM
1TP
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Man....these NC cops are something else. I think they're in competition or something with sport bikes. Seems like everytime they see a sportbike they just got to fk wit him/her. I guess they get bored and try to start a chase or just piss ppl off. He just wanted to see if you were going to run so he could see how fast those cop cars really are!!!

I would have pulled over 5 seconds after he was on me. Either ride and be in danger with him behind you, or........knowing that he is right there will force you to make a mistake giving him a reason to pull you over.
post #6 of 12 Old 05-26-2007, 09:24 AM
Pimp/Player

Posting Frequency

I would have slowly started to slow down in 5mph increments till i got down to 10 miles,and if me pull me over i would tell him that there was something wrong with my the bike and it would do over 65.Same thing i do with people that tailgate me.

post #7 of 12 Old 05-26-2007, 09:26 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1TP View Post
Man....these NC cops are something else. I think they're in competition or something with sport bikes. Seems like everytime they see a sportbike they just got to fk wit him/her. I guess they get bored and try to start a chase or just piss ppl off. He just wanted to see if you were going to run so he could see how fast those cop cars really are!!!

I would have pulled over 5 seconds after he was on me. Either ride and be in danger with him behind you, or........knowing that he is right there will force you to make a mistake giving him a reason to pull you over.
Last year we were on our way to Road America and got pulled over twice in 20 mile stretch., both State boys sitting in off ramps, said they were getting calls of wrecklessness, but they didn't see us. Fuggars, don't they know it is only wreckless if you wreck! Jeesh.

Three things that don't remain hidden for long, the moon, the sun and the truth!
post #8 of 12 Old 05-26-2007, 09:50 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

yea i had that happen to me when i first started riding a bike i was going thru town on my can-a-tuna and the cop was like a foot of my tire so i jsut pulled over

some people can be dicks

"Once you've tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you long to return."
post #9 of 12 Old 05-26-2007, 01:04 PM
GP Rider

Location: Used to be Candler, NC/ Then HELL in Del Rio, Tx/ Now Blaine, WA
Posting Frequency

Yeap, used to live in Candler till last year, there are a few [email protected]*hole state troopers there, most are cool though as long as you don't run, been pulled several times speeding and always got off.
It is changing though, used to they had all the same older troopers cool then as long as you didn't run; but in recent years they been hiring a LOT of new younger troopers..gung-ho a**holes.

Asheville City cops are about 70% butts though, same with county sherriff's.

You forgot one thing when you pulled over though.....should've got his car# and reported him, he was hoping you panicked and ran, on the main roads the troopers the love to chase, funny you pass one on back mountain road hauling ass they act like they never seen you

Liberal-- A person who is so open minded that their brains have fallen out.
post #10 of 12 Old 05-26-2007, 10:47 PM Thread Starter
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

I never did pull over. I was about to when he went on around. That's funny, because when I get tailgated I instinctively want to speed up...it's almost like he was baiting me.
My buddy told me I should have switched into the left lane, slammed on the brakes and let him fly right by (like on Top Gun!) then tailgated him. And if he pulled over I should have walked up to his window and asked to see his badge, liscense, registration...... funny stuff.

Proper lubrication is the solution to 90% of life's problems.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in