99 most bizarre surgical mistakes on TLC! - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 09-28-2006, 01:45 AM Thread Starter
The Movie Goer!

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to ZiG 9th
99 most bizarre surgical mistakes on TLC!

Any1 catch this show on TLC (the learning channel) ? This shit iz krazy man! Some of these stories were horrific! This one guy went in to get his foreskin removed from his penis and they cut his whole penis off! He sued but all they gave him was 50k which is a slap in the face! These two ladies both woke up in the middle of their surgeries. The one lady said she heard them talkin about cut deeper cut deeper! She said the light was blinding her and she was tryin to yell to let them know she was awake! But somehow even tho she woke up in the middle of the surgery she couldn't move or yell? But she said all of the sudden it just went black! They cut her optic nerve! :headshake And the other lady was in a car accident and needed some kind of hip surgery? And she woke up in the middle of it, they were cuting and cleaning the broken bones out! She said she could feel everything they were doing! She was yellin and screamin but no1 heard heard her until the anethesia completly wore off. She said that was the worst 15min of her life! Excruciating pain! They had other stories of people getting sugeries they didn't even need! Misdiagnosis, someone switched their chart with another paitent. This show was scary! Makes u not ever wanna go 2 the hospital for anything! :headshake
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 09-28-2006, 09:58 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

I missed that. Sounds like it was a pretty good show.
post #3 of 11 Old 09-28-2006, 10:31 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

I heard something about that. My girlfriend is a RN and she said that when they do put you to sleep, they also paralyze(sorry for the spelling) because even when you are sleep you can make sudden movements that can mess you up. The anesthia puts you to sleep and then they give you something else to paralize you. When she woke up, the stuff they gave her to paralize had not worn off yet. That would sux on so many levels to feel them cutting and digging into you like that.

"That's like going to Heaven and finding Jesus smoking Crack!!!!!" Riley from "The Boondocks"

Check out www.L17racing.com
post #4 of 11 Old 10-02-2006, 06:03 AM Thread Starter
The Movie Goer!

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumpdaddy
I heard something about that. My girlfriend is a RN and she said that when they do put you to sleep, they also paralyze(sorry for the spelling) because even when you are sleep you can make sudden movements that can mess you up. The anesthia puts you to sleep and then they give you something else to paralize you. When she woke up, the stuff they gave her to paralize had not worn off yet. That would sux on so many levels to feel them cutting and digging into you like that.

Ohhh i never knew that? I just thought they gave u anesthia and that was it? But it makes sense tho. A sudden movement in the middle of heart surgery could be fatal. But shit to have the anesthia wear off and u be able 2 feel everything???? Torture at itz best! So if it paralyze's u howcome ur not able 2 speak or yell?
post #5 of 11 Old 10-02-2006, 09:19 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiG 9th
Ohhh i never knew that? I just thought they gave u anesthia and that was it? But it makes sense tho. A sudden movement in the middle of heart surgery could be fatal. But shit to have the anesthia wear off and u be able 2 feel everything???? Torture at itz best! So if it paralyze's u howcome ur not able 2 speak or yell?
From what I heard, they paralyse everything. You don't even breath on your own. They put you on a breathing machine and everything. When she gets off work, i will ask her exactly how they do it, but you can't move at all. Because I even asked her because I had minor shoulder surgery in June of this year and I remember my throat being sore afterwards. She said it was from the breathing tube that they put in my mouth to keep me breathing because when they paralyze you, you can't move for nothing. She gets off work in about 15 mins.

"That's like going to Heaven and finding Jesus smoking Crack!!!!!" Riley from "The Boondocks"

Check out www.L17racing.com
post #6 of 11 Old 10-02-2006, 02:11 PM
I really need to get out of the house

Posting Frequency

And they wonder why people sue them.

Rain. Whats is this Rain i keep hearing?.
post #7 of 11 Old 10-02-2006, 03:02 PM Thread Starter
The Movie Goer!

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketracermike
And they wonder why people sue them.

Tru indeed! I can't believe the guy that went to get his foreskin trimmed from his penis and they ended up cutting off his whole penis only got $50grand! That sux! He should've at least got 50 million! They should've gave him enough money to get his penis reatached or get a donar penis or somethin? I dunno if any amount of money would make me feel better after a unfortunate situation like that?
post #8 of 11 Old 10-03-2006, 12:44 AM
Currently Clueless

Posting Frequency

I'd rather have my penis and be broke than have no penis and 50 mil. That would suck think I would just have to kill the doctor and take his penis and have it reattached.

Taking the WORLD over 1 Blonde at a time
post #9 of 11 Old 10-03-2006, 03:49 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

I used to work in surgery at the hospital...When you see surgeries every day you will see goof ups and learn things that happen after you go under anesthesia that could cost you your life...

For the most part it runs pretty smoothly...But bad stuff happens.

One thing you have to be careful of when you sign papers allowing student doctors in the room...Alot of times the real doctor will do very little if any of the surgery and they'll allow the doctor doing his/her residency or an intern to cut on you....

If you have to have surgery you have to ask the right questions..

Also, I hate to say this but I've seen heart surgeons and OR nurses joke about how people look when the person is under anesthetic and lying naked on the table... I've heard them say things so crude that I wouldn't want any of my family members going there for surgery if they had to...
post #10 of 11 Old 10-03-2006, 07:49 PM Thread Starter
The Movie Goer!

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slims10R
I'd rather have my penis and be broke than have no penis and 50 mil. That would suck think I would just have to kill the doctor and take his penis and have it reattached.

lol!!!!! I hear ya!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in