6th NBA title for Kobe with Dwight Howard acquisition. - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 236 Old 08-10-2012, 07:31 PM Thread Starter
Post Whore

Posting Frequency

6th NBA title for Kobe with Dwight Howard acquisition.

Don't hate.

15 Camaro Z/28
16 BMW M5
Former bikes: 07 R1/08 10R/10 S1000rr/11 10R
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 236 Old 08-10-2012, 11:09 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

They certainly have a legit shot. Honestly I don't think it would be a big deal at all trading Bynum for Howard, but with Nash running the point, that changes things a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Op- View Post
Unless Scout says dont do it. Then, really, just do it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by or10r View Post
I know its blistering fast but you cant outrun ugly.
post #3 of 236 Old 08-11-2012, 01:00 AM
Bloo Moderator

Posting Frequency

Well as some know I am a die hard Laker Fan. I have mixed emotions I really don't like losing Bynum he is so young and has the potential to be one of the best ever....but so far he has been inconsistent, injury prone and lately has shown signs of needing anger management.

I believe Mitch the GM is making a move to try and Win right now before Kobe goes for good and also don't think Mich can hold that job much longer if the Lakers don't win another one fast LA will want his head on a platter if they fail again.

I think they need to get some more speed on the team and if they do that than yeah watch out they will be the favorite to win it all.

bloo

Sent from My Computer via DSL mid to low service Firefox updated version, sometimes wireless sometimes Wire from the garage depending on connection speed.
post #4 of 236 Old 08-11-2012, 01:52 PM Thread Starter
Post Whore

Posting Frequency

Kobe has about 2 years left with his style of play. Can't really see him banging in the paint at 37 years old. Let's get it done.

15 Camaro Z/28
16 BMW M5
post #5 of 236 Old 08-11-2012, 05:32 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

I agree with Bloo, they do need to get quicker, and maybe more bench help. If I look at the big picture, its doable, but is not going to be a shoe in for sure. Presuming they get to the west finals with OKC, thats still a tough match up for sure.

Howard - Perkins: Howard clearly has an advantage
Gasol - Ibaka: Toss up, Gasol is more refined, Ibaka long and athletic
Artest - Sefelosha (sp) or Harden: Again a toss up, but leaning towards Harden
Bryant - Durant: Gotta take Durant here
Nash - Westbrook: Taking Westbrook

OKC has played together for a couple of years now, and certainly has an athletic advantage. Certainly not saying the Lakers cannot beat them, but it is no cake walk by any means.

Lets assume that the Lakers win though, then likely face the Heat (at least I hope) thats a completely different series. The Lakers will have a huge size advantage for sure, like OKC had last year. However the Heat will once again have shooters with Miller, Allen, Chalmers, Jones, etc. How will the size work if Gasol or Howard have to guard Bosh out to the 3pt line, and the floor is spread way out. It will be a matter of who enforces their will.

Should be fun to watch though and see how things develop.

Quote:
Quote:
post #6 of 236 Old 08-11-2012, 07:05 PM
Shorty's Performance

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to madnessracing Send a message via MSN to madnessracing
Quote:
Originally Posted by URBAN LEGEND View Post
Don't hate.

Shorty's Performance
post #7 of 236 Old 08-12-2012, 12:11 AM
Bloo Moderator

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teeks View Post
I agree with Bloo, they do need to get quicker, and maybe more bench help. If I look at the big picture, its doable, but is not going to be a shoe in for sure. Presuming they get to the west finals with OKC, thats still a tough match up for sure.

Howard - Perkins: Howard clearly has an advantage
Gasol - Ibaka: Toss up, Gasol is more refined, Ibaka long and athletic
Artest - Sefelosha (sp) or Harden: Again a toss up, but leaning towards Harden
Bryant - Durant: Gotta take Durant here
Nash - Westbrook: Taking Westbrook

OKC has played together for a couple of years now, and certainly has an athletic advantage. Certainly not saying the Lakers cannot beat them, but it is no cake walk by any means.

Lets assume that the Lakers win though, then likely face the Heat (at least I hope) thats a completely different series. The Lakers will have a huge size advantage for sure, like OKC had last year. However the Heat will once again have shooters with Miller, Allen, Chalmers, Jones, etc. How will the size work if Gasol or Howard have to guard Bosh out to the 3pt line, and the floor is spread way out. It will be a matter of who enforces their will.

Should be fun to watch though and see how things develop.
I agree with most except the Nash - Westbrook comparison. Westbrook can only use pure natural skill very fast but Nash brings much more like a glue that can build a strong team, Nash is basketball smart, can pass, penetrate, or make you pay even at the 3 point line if you leave him but most importantly run the team and decision making something Westbrook can't do. Kobe needs to bow down and let Nash run the plays and dictate the pace of a game much like the Real MJ (Magic Johnson use to do around his hall of fame rs )

but as you stated should be fun to watch

bloo

Sent from My Computer via DSL mid to low service Firefox updated version, sometimes wireless sometimes Wire from the garage depending on connection speed.
post #8 of 236 Old 08-12-2012, 10:17 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevil View Post
I agree with most except the Nash - Westbrook comparison. Westbrook can only use pure natural skill very fast but Nash brings much more like a glue that can build a strong team, Nash is basketball smart, can pass, penetrate, or make you pay even at the 3 point line if you leave him but most importantly run the team and decision making something Westbrook can't do. Kobe needs to bow down and let Nash run the plays and dictate the pace of a game much like the Real MJ (Magic Johnson use to do around his hall of fame rs )

but as you stated should be fun to watch

bloo

Bloo I agree with you 100% on your statement. I actually really like Nash a lot, love watching him play, heck I actually wish he would shoot more. The reason that I put Westbrook over Nash is I think Westbrook will be able to cover him about as well as anyone might be able to. If he decides to play defense on him like he has been doing to people during the olympics, it will be difficult for Nash. Then Nash on defense just has no chance at all, and if they switch Nash to Harden, that won't be much better.

I think the one reason though that it may work ok is that OKC likes to play big as well. So when Nash does get blown by, Howard should be there lurking near the paint to help out.

Quote:
Quote:
post #9 of 236 Old 08-13-2012, 04:04 AM
Bloo Moderator

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teeks View Post
Bloo I agree with you 100% on your statement. I actually really like Nash a lot, love watching him play, heck I actually wish he would shoot more. The reason that I put Westbrook over Nash is I think Westbrook will be able to cover him about as well as anyone might be able to. If he decides to play defense on him like he has been doing to people during the olympics, it will be difficult for Nash. Then Nash on defense just has no chance at all, and if they switch Nash to Harden, that won't be much better.

I think the one reason though that it may work ok is that OKC likes to play big as well. So when Nash does get blown by, Howard should be there lurking near the paint to help out.
Good points as well Teeks but that's why will have to see said the blind man because if Gasol plays like he does in the Olympics then the Lakers are just that much stronger and as many who seen Gasol and team they put a little scare in the Dream Team 3.

bloo

post #10 of 236 Old 12-23-2012, 11:04 PM Thread Starter
Post Whore

Posting Frequency

Lakers are the best team in the NBA and considered the favorites to win the title in 2013. Fact.

15 Camaro Z/28
16 BMW M5
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in