2010 r1 - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 29 Old 09-08-2009, 12:45 PM Thread Starter
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Garage
2010 r1

Looks like Yamaha is sticking with that Junk R1 motor LOL http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2009/...0908fiatr1.htm
and giving it some new plastics to try and sell it for next year ..... I think its so ugly....

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 Old 09-08-2009, 01:17 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

sounds pretty ghey to me.....i started school again and theres a guy who has one...some punk dude has matching gear to go....we raced and even with my big ass...it wasnt even a race....this bike is such complete junk....I CANT WAIT FOR KAWI TO COME OUT WITH ANOTHER BIKE AND MURDER EVERYONE ELSE

take a look at these links..(sorry if there a repost)

http://www.asphaltandrubber.com/rumo...10r-late-2010/
http://www.motostar.co.za/Home/News/...5/Default.aspx

cant wait cant wait

BOOM!!! SHAKE AND BAKE
post #3 of 29 Old 09-08-2009, 01:50 PM
Guilty by association

Posting Frequency

as much as i dont like the looks of the r1, that rossi version looks better than the rest. i dont hate the r1, i think its a good package if suited to the individual rider, i just dont like the looks in street trim.

-I come in peace. I didnít bring artillery. But Iím pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, Iíll kill you all.
General "Mad Dog" Mattis
post #4 of 29 Old 09-08-2009, 01:51 PM
Gen3

Posting Frequency

What a let down

post #5 of 29 Old 09-08-2009, 02:05 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

I still can't believe the wide range of reviews that damn thing gets. Motorcyclist named it "bike of the year", and Motorcycle USA gave it dead last place in it's literbike shootout.

It's the slowest bike around the racetrack, and yet somehow it wins comparisons. All because it "sounds cool". My Chevrolet Avalanche "sounds cool"....it doesn't mean that it's fast, or that it can hustle around a corner.

I dig the Fiat paint scheme though, even if the bike itself is still ugly.

---------------------------------------------------
If it aint broken, it doesn't have enough features yet
There are 'glass half empty' people, and 'glass half full' people. Then there are engineers who see that the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.
post #6 of 29 Old 09-11-2009, 11:02 AM
Team Green Baby!

Posting Frequency

Send a message via Yahoo to ShinobiZXR
The look is growing on me and if anyone hasn't check the WSBK overall standings yet...check it! Yamaha is doing something right. Kawasaki on the other hand is wayyyy down there. And I'm no r1 guy either but you gotta give props to them.
post #7 of 29 Old 09-11-2009, 11:10 AM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

True, but the WSBK machines and the ones on the showroom are very different bikes.

The showroom bike might have some of the technology, but if it's down on horsepower 20% vs the ZX10R sitting next to it, what's the point?

I don't really care if Ben Spies wins on his. If the one on the street gets completely smoked by a stock zx10r, i'll take the zx.

If it aint broken, it doesn't have enough features yet
There are 'glass half empty' people, and 'glass half full' people. Then there are engineers who see that the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.
post #8 of 29 Old 09-11-2009, 11:18 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

What'd I tell you guys? 2010 R1 went up $900 from the prior year with no changes. Up $800 from '08-'09. That's $1700 price increase in two years. I predicted that prices of motorcycles would skyrocket even on these carryover models due to the strength of the Japanese Yen(currency) against the U.S. dollar. Just look at Suzuki's increases of approx 10-12% across the board from '08-'09.

The point is, if you can hold onto your ZX-10's, resale value will hold very well as many buyers, military guys will get priced out of a new bike and be forced to buy used. What I'm sayin' is, if your used '08 like mine is currently worth $7k lightly used in good shape...wait 2 years and you'll still likely fetch about that when the alternative is a new bike for twice as much! Just hang in there until all the leftover '08's/'09's clear out and the manufacturers adjust to lower demand and produce fewer bikes due to the slowing economy. Fewer bikes also mean the manufacturers must charge more per unit to cover all he costs assosciated with producing a motorcycle.

16t front/43t rear sprockets(-1/+2), Healtech speedo-healer, X-TRE, MDA123 1.8lb lightweight battery, Dan Kyle re-valved Steering Damper, Hotbodies MGP Growler exhaust, Hotbodies GP windscreen, fender eliminated

Last edited by speedgsx98; 09-11-2009 at 11:24 AM.
post #9 of 29 Old 09-11-2009, 11:27 AM
I really need to get out of the house

Posting Frequency

they need to dump the under tail exhaust.

Rain. Whats is this Rain i keep hearing?.
post #10 of 29 Old 09-11-2009, 12:20 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

just intrested but to every one who is saying bad things about the 09 r1,HAVE YOU RIDDEN ONE!!!!if not then try one,until you have you could be talking shit?(i own a gen2 10r and have not tried one myself).just my view..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in