09 6r - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 07-31-2009, 05:27 PM Thread Starter
GP Star

Posting Frequency

09 6r

So who here as ridden one? What's everyone's opinion? If things continue the way they are for me I could possibly see myself on one next summer if I can find a left-over 09 at a fair price. I'm not in the immediate market but I'm sure curious about them.

2012 Kawasaki ZX-6R-Black
Clear Alternatives Tail Light
2005 Honda F4i-Red
Commuter stuff
2003 Yamaha Zuma-Fairy Silver
TPT 70cc Kit, Leo Vince ZX Exhaust, Malossi Delta Clutch, Scott's Damper Sticker
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 08-01-2009, 12:25 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

I got to ride one at the track last week. It was 100% stock down to the OE tires - and it was flippin' awesome! The handling was almost telepathic.

One of the cool things about our little local track is that I've gotten to ride all sorts of different bikes under controlled conditions, and I've gotta say the new 6R was the easiest bike to go fast on in the fewest laps ever.

My wife is ready to step up from her Ninja 250 so we've been looking at the SV and Ninja 650s, but I'm much more impressed with this bike. And as a bonus - it feels smaller, lighter and easier to ride than the 650s do.

The engine was smooth and revved forever. Power was allright - but I've been spoiled by liter bikes in that dept.

Handling, as I mentioned, was incredible. I've ridden several examples of each of the last 4 gens of the 6Rs, and this is easily better than any of them, right out of the box. The BPF rocks!

Brakes were scary good - I'd actually prefer a less aggressive pad, or a stiffer leverage ratio. They bite HARD with a very soft squeeze. Don't sneeze!

Can you tell I liked it?
post #3 of 3 Old 08-01-2009, 12:44 PM
Guilty by association

Posting Frequency

wow, it sounds like a great bike, i need to ride one. there are a few people here who own them.

-I come in peace. I didnít bring artillery. But Iím pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, Iíll kill you all.
General "Mad Dog" Mattis
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in