06 zx10r vs. 06 1000rr modded - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 Old 07-18-2006, 10:35 PM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

06 zx10r vs. 06 1000rr modded

I have a friend that use to have a 954rr with every bolt on possible and dyno tuned and he wanted to race on the highway. I had my bike only a month and didn't know how to ride to good but we raced from 60 to 170 and I walked away and put like 3-4 bikes on him. He was pretty let down beings that his bike is known for beating busas, anyways, he sold it and now has a 1000r with full exhaust, pclll, ignition advancer, basically every bolt on availible for the 06 1000rr and it dynoed at 161 at the wheel. Now the dyno that he went to reads very low and im all stock except a 16 tooth in the front. He made one pass at the track like that not lowered or anything and he ran a 10.8 at 136 with a 2.0 60ft, stock I ran 10.7 at 137 with a 2.0 60ft. My question is can I take him on the highway if we do roll ons? When we race it's going to be in 3 weeks when we go to the track and im going to be lowered and he's not so at the track his ass is mine but on the highway I don't know. One more thing, im going to race him from 60mph on to 170 and beings im going to be lowered im going to drop the hammer on him in 1st gear and I know he won't do that, he will start in second, thats the only advantage I think I might have, what does everybody think? We are rivals so it will be good, if he beats me it won't be by much I think...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 Old 07-18-2006, 10:42 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to AraTidwell Send a message via MSN to AraTidwell Send a message via Yahoo to AraTidwell
I rode a 06 1000rr, it was sweet. nice wheelie bike. Wish it was mine so I could slap on some race tires, change lower the front a little bit, mess with the suspension, and see how it does. The engine on the 1000rr is no joke.
post #3 of 17 Old 07-18-2006, 11:22 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

anyone cant beat anyone on any given day, you wont know till it happens. good luck

"Lead, Follow, or get the hell outta my way!!"

Blue 2004 ZX-10R
- 152.5rwhp 77.6rwtq - more than I need

Red 2003 Jack ROUSH Classic #8 of 50
- 375rwhp 381rwtq
post #4 of 17 Old 07-19-2006, 12:00 AM
Squid

Posting Frequency

So where can you ride at 170? I have a track day next month, but that's a road course. It's hard to find a highway here in California to pull off those speeds becuase of traffic and CHPs. Is it different in Texas? Thanks.
post #5 of 17 Old 07-19-2006, 12:05 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to deezuhl
well i have the answer your looking for since i have a 06' 1000rr with probably more work done than your friend... I also have the HRC ecu that extends rpms 1000 more rpm along with the HRC carbon fiber intake.. the ecu is rare so i doubt he has that..

the 06' 1000rr will never ever take you top end if you can ride equally as good and weigh the same.. my buddy who is 100lbs less than me and we are very equal riders has ridden my 1000rr that goes 185mph on gps.. I will beat him so badly on my zx-10 its no joke.. as soon as i shift 4th i start pulling slowly, 5th it gets bad and 6th he might as well be in reverse.. the #1 thing the 1000rr lacks for top end running is an efficient ram air system or i should say any ram air at all.. roll him from out of 1st gear 60mph, hell wheelie harder than you cause the 1000rr is light in the front end.. youll be gone from the start til the end.. good luck..

Ace Performance.. 27 World Records Broken in 4 Events!!
Fastest all motor 998cc Standing Mile in the Country!!
Best Pass All Motor 205mph / Nitrous 209mph
post #6 of 17 Old 07-19-2006, 12:07 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by AraTidwell
I rode a 06 1000rr, it was sweet. nice wheelie bike. Wish it was mine so I could slap on some race tires, change lower the front a little bit, mess with the suspension, and see how it does. The engine on the 1000rr is no joke.
i hate to be a dick but the engine on the 1000rr is a joke.. when it comes to top end... excellent handling, best brakes, no wind protection for top end and no ram air.. not to mention low revving and no titanium valves like the zx-10 and gixxer makes it slower revving too.. stock they will pull 176mph tops.. the zx-10 pulled 186 outta the box. the motor in the 1000rr feels like shit compared to the zx-10 and trust me i own both i can say that..

post #7 of 17 Old 07-19-2006, 01:17 AM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via Yahoo to blackhawk10
I belive the cbr does have a ram air system. I'm not quite sure but it is not visible. but if you look under the nose of the bike i think that is it. i say that cuz a friend has one and the first day he got it i went to his house and i'm like "i heard you got a new ride" and he's response is " yeah a zx-10 whopper" so i told him ha-ha-ha yeah...............can i see your new bike and he showed it, and it's the "si-bee-arrrrrr1000rr" and i belive i saw it under the nose.

Damn, I could bang on that back door all night long!
post #8 of 17 Old 07-19-2006, 06:54 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhawk10
I belive the cbr does have a ram air system. I'm not quite sure but it is not visible. but if you look under the nose of the bike i think that is it. i say that cuz a friend has one and the first day he got it i went to his house and i'm like "i heard you got a new ride" and he's response is " yeah a zx-10 whopper" so i told him ha-ha-ha yeah...............can i see your new bike and he showed it, and it's the "si-bee-arrrrrr1000rr" and i belive i saw it under the nose.
well i own one and no it has no ram air intake.. it daws draw air from up under the nose fairing behind and above the radiator and if you are going 100mph and put your hand it front of it you feel nothing.. go 100 and stick your hand out on your bike and see if your hand is pushed back... my tuner actually measured the airbox pressue for me and it was so turblent in there it was rediculous.. trust me when i tell you had more money and parts in my 06 then probably anyone else in the country.. after tuning, degreeing cams, pc3 , arata exhaust, hrc ecu, hrc carbon fiber intake ( which is the part your friend showed you but mine is 40% larger). the bike pulled a sad 184.5 mph on GPS. i junked that project and bought a zx-10 which went faster bone stock thru the 9/10 top end racing we do.. the CBR was flat out a joke!!!

post #9 of 17 Old 07-19-2006, 06:41 PM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by deezuhl
well i have the answer your looking for since i have a 06' 1000rr with probably more work done than your friend... I also have the HRC ecu that extends rpms 1000 more rpm along with the HRC carbon fiber intake.. the ecu is rare so i doubt he has that..

the 06' 1000rr will never ever take you top end if you can ride equally as good and weigh the same.. my buddy who is 100lbs less than me and we are very equal riders has ridden my 1000rr that goes 185mph on gps.. I will beat him so badly on my zx-10 its no joke.. as soon as i shift 4th i start pulling slowly, 5th it gets bad and 6th he might as well be in reverse.. the #1 thing the 1000rr lacks for top end running is an efficient ram air system or i should say any ram air at all.. roll him from out of 1st gear 60mph, hell wheelie harder than you cause the 1000rr is light in the front end.. youll be gone from the start til the end.. good luck..
The only thing im worried about is that he raced a buddy of mine on his 04 zx10 and his ten is 1- in the front and +3 in the rear with a slip on and velocity stacks and the 10 barely beat him and this zx10 is supposed to be quick as shit. Anyways, do you think me having 1- in the front will kill my top end or help him stay closer to me top end? All I know is my 10 runs liked a raped ape now tih that sprocket so I know I will get the jump on him cause im going from first gear and he's going from second. Just like you said, he has wheelie problems and so do I but the day we are going to run im going to be lowered and believe me, I raced a stock 06 1000r going from 50 in fist gear, I pull the clutch in, slammed the throttle, hit the limiter and dumped the clutch, bike got sideways, hooked and man was I gone, lol!! So can I rule him out on catching me top end cause thats what im worried about? I weight 195, he is 170 ans we both can ride about equally. Tell me what you think, thanks!
post #10 of 17 Old 07-19-2006, 08:53 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX06'10r
The only thing im worried about is that he raced a buddy of mine on his 04 zx10 and his ten is 1- in the front and +3 in the rear with a slip on and velocity stacks and the 10 barely beat him and this zx10 is supposed to be quick as shit. Anyways, do you think me having 1- in the front will kill my top end or help him stay closer to me top end? All I know is my 10 runs liked a raped ape now tih that sprocket so I know I will get the jump on him cause im going from first gear and he's going from second. Just like you said, he has wheelie problems and so do I but the day we are going to run im going to be lowered and believe me, I raced a stock 06 1000r going from 50 in fist gear, I pull the clutch in, slammed the throttle, hit the limiter and dumped the clutch, bike got sideways, hooked and man was I gone, lol!! So can I rule him out on catching me top end cause thats what im worried about? I weight 195, he is 170 ans we both can ride about equally. Tell me what you think, thanks!
well weight is close you should be fine.. your 1 tooth down wont hurt you if your racing to 170.. youll be able to pull around 175 with that gearing. now the 04 zx10 he raced had horrible gearing.. that bike will top out around 164 or so.. if your lowered and get out on him he will never ever catch you to 170 .. trust me its a fact..

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in