06 Ferrari F430 Spider is fast.....but - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 06-11-2006, 10:30 PM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

06 Ferrari F430 Spider is fast.....but

I was a little faster. Cruised to Newport Beach yesterday afternoon and on my way to get on the freeway a nice new F430 Spider pulls next to me. We both took the light and had a nice loop onto the freeway. He stayed close behind on the turn but once we hit the freeway.. I rolled the throttle as easy as I can to keep the front end down but was barely able to as the Ferrari pulled along side. we were pretty much neck and neck but I was able to pull away just a hair perhaps a couple bike leads. I slowed after 150mph due to fFAST appoaching traffic and he kept going swerving between cars. That car in incredible to see up close, hear its engine screaming next to my stock pipe and yeah I'd definetly sell my bike and soul to have that car!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 06-11-2006, 10:50 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

I wouldn't. But to each his own.

"shiny, let's be bad guys"
post #3 of 10 Old 06-11-2006, 10:51 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Send a message via Yahoo to zx10x2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbl_91762
I was a little faster. Cruised to Newport Beach yesterday afternoon and on my way to get on the freeway a nice new F430 Spider pulls next to me. We both took the light and had a nice loop onto the freeway. He stayed close behind on the turn but once we hit the freeway.. I rolled the throttle as easy as I can to keep the front end down but was barely able to as the Ferrari pulled along side. we were pretty much neck and neck but I was able to pull away just a hair perhaps a couple bike leads. I slowed after 150mph due to fFAST appoaching traffic and he kept going swerving between cars. That car in incredible to see up close, hear its engine screaming next to my stock pipe and yeah I'd definetly sell my bike and soul to have that car!!
Why cant this happen to me?

- 90 Mustang Coupe - 578 hp Grocery Getter
- 06 ZX-10 no mods - I love it
- 10 F250 Crew Cab
- 08 F-450 Crew Cab

I HAD A HANDLE ON LIFE, BUT IT BROKE OFF
post #4 of 10 Old 06-11-2006, 10:53 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

I had a similar experience with a Dodge Viper (Not nearly as cool as the Ferrari) but it was fast. We raced at three different lights to about 100 MPH then hit the interstate. On the take off the car didn't have a chance I was wheeling past him every time. I let him take off then hit it and toyed with him. Then off the the interstate I was in front of him on the on ramp and let him pass he was on it hard with a clear lane so I pulled in behind him and passed him at about 100 and let off at an indicated 180 thinking I left him for dead. Then about 4 seconds after I let off he blew by me only to catch up to traffic I didn't have a chance to pass again. The car was much faster than I thought it would be on the top end. I know if he had a wide open road he would get it up to 190 or so and leave me but it take cars so long to get there.

Evil Wicked Mean & Nasty!
post #5 of 10 Old 06-12-2006, 01:26 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

damn it..Call me next time...that would have been sweet to see.....

RIP: 2005 ZX-10R STOLEN 12/27/2006 FROM ANAHEIM
www.myspace.com/fgmotorsports
Green 2007 ZX-10R STOLEN 11/20/09 from Mesquite, Tx
- A&R Race Baffles
- FG Motorsports LED kit
- FG Motorsports 5000k HID
- FG Motorsports Custom Angle Eyes/Halos
- Custom painted - Torn Checkered Flag
- Two tone Wheels
post #6 of 10 Old 06-12-2006, 08:42 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Its always cool when a guy in a high end sports car wants to play......

Its happened to me a few times.........

Cool story... those 430's are bad ass!!.........

“Accept the challenges so that you may feel the exhilaration of victory.” --General George S. Patton
post #7 of 10 Old 06-12-2006, 09:00 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

The only people I have wanting to race me are kids in friggin ford rangers or the like. I always just look the other way and ignore them.
post #8 of 10 Old 06-12-2006, 10:10 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via Skype™ to lavudyar
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.ga.rider
The only people I have wanting to race me are kids in friggin ford rangers or the like. I always just look the other way and ignore them.
Newport Beach = Ferrari 430
S. Ga. = Ford Ranger

Things that make you go 'Hmmmm'

Ray D
Never pet a burning dog.
post #9 of 10 Old 06-12-2006, 10:25 AM
Post Whore

Posting Frequency

04 Green ZX-10R, Evo II Header, Evo Canister, PCIIIUSB, BMC Race Filter, Vortex adj. Rearsets, Scorpio Alarm, Scotts Damper, Ivan's TRE, Ivan PCIII USB Map, Ivan's Kleen Block-Offs, Clear Alternatives Flush Mounts, Puig Double Bubble, Mirror Blocks, Sho-gun sliders, 1/5 throttle, Hot bodies fender eliminator, Goodridge SS lines, pazzo shorties and exhuast hanger.
post #10 of 10 Old 06-12-2006, 12:25 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.ga.rider
Roflmao! I know what you mean, ah well sometimes it's better then nothing! Got to toy with AMG other day I hit 270 KMPH looked back and couldn't even see him.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in