06 CBR-1000RR's for $8400.00 out the door! - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old 09-28-2006, 12:23 AM Thread Starter
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

06 CBR-1000RR's for $8400.00 out the door!

Rode with my buddy to Chattanooga to a honda dealership this past weekend to pick up his new cbr 1000 rr. I thought he was kidding when he told me what he was paying for it, $8400, out the door. He also bought a 500 forman 4x4 for 5100. I couldn't believe the size of the building either(100,000 sq. ft) with 18 salesmen working the floor. I love my 10 but that sure makes me wander what the markup on these bikes really is.

UP ON ONE TO ALL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 09-28-2006, 12:44 AM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Shit when i got my 05 Ti last aug. it was on sale for 8900... not unbelieveable for your friend to get such a killer deal on a new bike

05 Ti 10
-Polished lips
-Lowered 2in
-15t front
-Front clear euros
-Undertail
-Full muzzy ex. w/ 10' can (Thanks to 1killer1litre!)
-PC III usb
-Vortex rearsets
-Pazzo shortys
-Def. more to come fuggars
post #3 of 12 Old 09-28-2006, 12:48 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to djblacksuperman Send a message via MSN to djblacksuperman Send a message via Yahoo to djblacksuperman
i've ridden the piss outta an 06 cbr 1krr, and to me... stock its not that fast compared to my 03 r1, they handle like a dream... and that damper is ok... but ima invest my $'s into the kawasaki...
post #4 of 12 Old 09-28-2006, 01:01 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Damn, that is a smokin' deal.
post #5 of 12 Old 09-28-2006, 01:26 AM
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

I bought my 2005 Ti 10r for $8535 OTD in August 2005 so that is a good price but not out of the ordinary.
post #6 of 12 Old 09-28-2006, 02:01 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Sounds like abernathy's...They have to sell them that cheap as the dealers are saturated with CBR 1000's....They aren't selling that well...A dealer near me has 10 or more in a row and an adcertised discount that's been going on for a while now...

for $8,400 out the door that would be hard to pass up for a new bike...I'm still trying to decide what to get...

It was between the ZX,GSXR, CBR, and ZX14...But I've never seen one bike have sooo many issues as the CBR...Not just a random occurance but stuff that's very common and a rare thing if your bike DOESN'T have these issues...Kept hearing alot of reports about the CBR running too hot even from guys that own both the 10 and CBR...Also reports about the CBR stators going out on the 04' and 05' (apparantly there are very few that haven't had that problem) but not sure if the 06' has the same problem, lots of reports of burning oil, disfigured and discolored plastics and discolored tail light because the headers and silencer are too close to plastics and tail light and inadequate heat shielding....Matter of fact my wife and I went to the Honda/Suzuki dealership and saw a used 06' CBR for sale already...Looked at the tail light and it was discolored from the exhaust....I mentioned this on a CBR message board and they mentioned that an aftermarket exhaust would prevent that...Well, that bike had a yoshi on it and it still was discolored...Even magazine tests have mentioned that both the CBR600 and 1000 smoke excessively on decelleration...

Even at $8400 excessive oil consumption is hard to overlook...I wanted to like the Honda...It's made with the highest quality components and has an excellent fit and finish but it suffers from problems that are a result of a bad design...What good is all that quality if the design keeps certian functions from performing their jobs correctly and efficiently...

What good is a high quality radiator, brackets, fasteners, cylinder castings, and cylinder liners ect ect if the cylinders have water jackets that are too small..Or the bodywork doesn't direct enough air to the radiator and it's constantly on the verge of overheating ? What good is all that quality if the ring design does a poor job of keeping oil out of the combustion chamber ? On top of that it's the slowest one and still runs hot...

What good is an undertail exhaust if it discolors and warps the tail light ? What good is all the slick bodywork and nice fitment if it's too close to the headers and it discolors and warps ?

After careful research I have to exclude the Honda this time...Too many issues..
post #7 of 12 Old 09-28-2006, 03:45 AM Thread Starter
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sands
Sounds like abernathy's...They have to sell them that cheap as the dealers are saturated with CBR 1000's....They aren't selling that well...A dealer near me has 10 or more in a row and an adcertised discount that's been going on for a while now...

for $8,400 out the door that would be hard to pass up for a new bike...I'm still trying to decide what to get...

It was between the ZX,GSXR, CBR, and ZX14...But I've never seen one bike have sooo many issues as the CBR...Not just a random occurance but stuff that's very common and a rare thing if your bike DOESN'T have these issues...Kept hearing alot of reports about the CBR running too hot even from guys that own both the 10 and CBR...Also reports about the CBR stators going out on the 04' and 05' (apparantly there are very few that haven't had that problem) but not sure if the 06' has the same problem, lots of reports of burning oil, disfigured and discolored plastics and discolored tail light because the headers and silencer are too close to plastics and tail light and inadequate heat shielding....Matter of fact my wife and I went to the Honda/Suzuki dealership and saw a used 06' CBR for sale already...Looked at the tail light and it was discolored from the exhaust....I mentioned this on a CBR message board and they mentioned that an aftermarket exhaust would prevent that...Well, that bike had a yoshi on it and it still was discolored...Even magazine tests have mentioned that both the CBR600 and 1000 smoke excessively on decelleration...

Even at $8400 excessive oil consumption is hard to overlook...I wanted to like the Honda...It's made with the highest quality components and has an excellent fit and finish but it suffers from problems that are a result of a bad design...What good is all that quality if the design keeps certian functions from performing their jobs correctly and efficiently...

What good is a high quality radiator, brackets, fasteners, cylinder castings, and cylinder liners ect ect if the cylinders have water jackets that are too small..Or the bodywork doesn't direct enough air to the radiator and it's constantly on the verge of overheating ? What good is all that quality if the ring design does a poor job of keeping oil out of the combustion chamber ? On top of that it's the slowest one and still runs hot...

What good is an undertail exhaust if it discolors and warps the tail light ? What good is all the slick bodywork and nice fitment if it's too close to the headers and it discolors and warps ?

After careful research I have to exclude the Honda this time...Too many issues..
Thanks for the input. I'll make issues aware to my friend. I tried to get him to buy kawi but he likes Honda for his own reasons.UOO

UP ON ONE TO ALL
post #8 of 12 Old 09-28-2006, 04:16 AM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC-NINJA
Thanks for the input. I'll make issues aware to my friend. I tried to get him to buy kawi but he likes Honda for his own reasons.UOO
Now remember those are just some instances where those things happened, not to everybike. Dont get me wrong i love my 10r power but love the 1krr looks a hellova lot better.

05 Ti 10
-Polished lips
-Lowered 2in
-15t front
-Front clear euros
-Undertail
-Full muzzy ex. w/ 10' can (Thanks to 1killer1litre!)
-PC III usb
-Vortex rearsets
-Pazzo shortys
-Def. more to come fuggars
post #9 of 12 Old 09-28-2006, 06:38 AM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

That was actually Southern Honda in Chattanooga. I was considering a 1000RR before deciding on the ZX10.
It's a nice, new building, and very large, but they are all about volume.
Even if you have cash in hand, expect to spend several hours there.
post #10 of 12 Old 09-28-2006, 06:56 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

All Hondas run hotter than Kawi's my 929 ran 20 to 30 deg. hotter than my 10 was not a problem just got hot sitting in traffic during summer

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in