05 Sport Rider Shootout - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 Old 04-23-2005, 08:21 PM Thread Starter
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Exclamation 05 Sport Rider Shootout

Pretty much what I figured, the GSXR won, but only by a fraction. They make it sound like it was a tough decision, because they did like the 10R so much, but the Zuk just nicks by for its plusher suspension and a bit more top end.
However, they like the throttle response better on the 10R..and it's still lighter than the Zuk.
They kinda put the four bikes into 2-different categories, which I thought was funny...with the CBR and R1, it was like they were in bed together whispering in eachother's ear. While the ZX-10 and the GSXR were fist-fighting out in the alley trying to give eachother a bloody nose. Nice!
Anyway..according to Sport Rider's dyno #s:

ZX10R 158.4hp

GSXR 162.1hp

R1 159.8hp

CBR 154.1hp

(ZX-10 had the fastest 1/4mi. time of 9.78sec @ 148.5mph)

Just thought I'd fill anyone in who didn't see it.

Gettin' jiggy wit it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 04-23-2005, 09:08 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

I haven't seen it. Thanks for the info.

Don't confuse me with facts, my mind is already made up.
post #3 of 13 Old 04-23-2005, 09:15 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Like i told ya last sunday litre, i'll spank the first mofo'n '05 zuk i see. I feel bad fer the owner of that spud already. YEEHAWW!!!!

BIKES IS GOOD.
post #4 of 13 Old 04-23-2005, 09:29 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Funny How their #s change form last year. All of a sudden the R1 makes more power than the 10. All these mags SUCK ASS!
post #5 of 13 Old 04-23-2005, 09:33 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Yea, i hear what yer sayin'!! Remember the '04 10 layed down a whopping 164 h.p. in SR!!!

BIKES IS GOOD.
post #6 of 13 Old 04-24-2005, 12:21 AM
Bloo Moderator

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAWYMAN
Funny How their #s change form last year. All of a sudden the R1 makes more power than the 10. All these mags SUCK ASS!
I think we all knew Kawi was going to get screwed with the media. I mean how many times have we seen the Suk on 2 wheel tuesday and only once for the 10. There are definately favoriots but the good thing is that it is not overwhelming like like the 04 Suk was agianst the ZX9. The Suk now has competion!!!
post #7 of 13 Old 04-24-2005, 01:05 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Yeah, you can always tell the winner of the shootouts by who has the most ads in that issue. I remember one of last years shootouts for boty was the zx10, gsxr 750, and gsxr 600. The whole article ragged on the 10 and praised the gsxr's, but in the end they had to give the win to the 10... I mean, give me a break.

green 10r, Akro EVO 2, Hyperpro rsc, tre, pcIII, Puig DB, K&N, Purvision HIDs, Speedohealer, GONE

08 Ducati Hypermotard S GONE

08 Kawi Concours 14, Area P full sys, PCV, Flies out
post #8 of 13 Old 04-24-2005, 02:30 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Even though the gixxer has more torque and hp it just about equals out because of the weight diffrence. Plus I don't know how many of you have sat on the gixxer 05 but it sucks bad to just sit on while it is not even moving imho at 6'3 there is no way I could stand that for more than 20 min on a track. It is almost unuseable for bigger riders on the street without a grand or more in rearsets and bars ect.. I thought that article was hypocritical the way they kept going back and forth about the engines and suspension the way the gixxer is better for the track and the road? how does that make sense.. don't ask me. Did anyone else notice how they talk about every other bike in semi depth and when the 10's turn comes it is only compared and almost scoffed at in comparison to the gixxer, and their sister puplication just happens to be celebrating 20years of gixxer with a free bike giveaway contest. They are becoming more lame/biased every issue like the other main stream mags. Not a bad read though from the may issue overall still the best american sport bike magazine. The brits get all the good female shots and have the better parts way before the american ones seem to get them I saw the suzuki de-restricter for sale in Superbike months before they even mentioned the possibility in american literature.
post #9 of 13 Old 04-24-2005, 08:53 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

This is why I quit buying motorcycle rags other than RoadRacerX
post #10 of 13 Old 04-24-2005, 09:14 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to BeepeR
Where can you get roadracerx?

Save a horse, RIDE a Cowboy!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in