Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

zx10r gen1,2,3 vs zx12r?

13K views 33 replies 20 participants last post by  Weazel 
#1 ·
Hello everybody :welcome: wondering how the gen1,2,3 is vs a zx12r stoch engine? Maybe somebody have raced a zx12r?

No bullshitting know since the pre production zx12r owned everything. Europe banned the zx12r so kawi took it back and refined it.

#3 ·
dont know much about them, but down at the strip i go to there is a guy with a lowered, stretched 6", w/ a 40 shot, and i dont know what else, running 7.90's in 1000 ft. (the only track i have around and it's 1 1/2 hrs away) while my SWB lowered 1", and strapped w/ a PC3 and 1 tooth down 08 zx-10 was running 8.50's on the track with the original back tire(i was blowin the tire off). Seems pretty slow for the mods he was running and i'm very inexperienced at the strip although he beat me every time.

Dont know about stock for stock?

#4 ·
the 14 will eat a 12. I'm a straight liner, and I have more trouble out of the 14 than the 12's. stock vs stock the 10's will be in front until top end. that's where the 12 & 14 shine.
my gen 1 vs either in 1/8 mile i got em. switch to a mile top end race its a different story.

#8 ·
Negative. To my knowledge, his motor is stock displacement. But yeah that's him. Do you know him?

#11 ·
I dont know much about them i did know a guy in my unit who had one and said he loved it. but he sold it.
My guess would be the 10 is quicker for short runs and the 12 being a bit bigger faster on the straights

#15 ·
Wow, my buddy has a modded 12r but he is about 270lbs! I've raced him with my 05 10r and I beat him really really bad. Not sure how it would do with a average weight rider on it.

#20 ·
Well guy I must chime in here as i have an '05 10r sitting beside my '02 12r in the garage. I think the 10r would beat the 12r to 120 stock but my 12 isn't stock. It will walk away from the 10r at 120+ no problem. The 12 lags behind at lower speed thanks to excessive wheel spin through 2nd.

#30 ·
I have both a 02 zx12r and a 04 zx10r they both post simular times in the 1/8th with me on it. The 10 runs about 6 to 7 miles a hour faster but the 12 launchs harder and both end up running simular times with me on it. I think the 12 is better for landspeed I think, more guys going over 200 on it then the 10 or 14.

I have saw/heard of a turbo 10 running 225 plus at land speed event.

On the same dyno my 10 made 164 and the 12 175. The 12 has nitrous also but I am not including those numbers in since the 10 doesn't on Nitrous it made 195. Both have full systems on them but the 10 has a evo titanum and the 12 the race system. I have heard that the evo makes a little more power.

I really like both bikes I have taken both to Motorsport Ranch and ran the road coarse no competion the 10 is way faster on that. I have also toured on both, the 12 is way better for that but loved doing it on the 10 also.

Trav

#32 ·
The gen 3 top end hits like a mule kick so if you run it right the 10R all day. But I do love the 12 it was nice the 14 is shit

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.