Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

Kawasaki ZX-10R.net (https://www.zx-10r.net/forum/)
-   The ZX-10R (https://www.zx-10r.net/forum/f23/)
-   -   Gen 1: ZX10r build/revamp (https://www.zx-10r.net/forum/f23/zx10r-build-revamp-278393.html)

Tweezy 04-18-2015 05:07 PM

ZX10r build/revamp

3 Attachment(s)
Ok, I traded my custom CBR929 for a Clean title 16,000mi 04 ZX10r.
Looks to have been a track bike at one point but got turned into a Drag bike. Then downed on the left side but not bad, broke the foot peg and heel plate on the rearsets. Also bent the lever a little and the under belly is no where to be found....
On the plus side it came with a 19x20 Brembo M/C, steel braided lines, no stretch R k 525 chain, a GPR stabilizer and a full set of after market fairing, brand new! Oh, plus the motor runs great!
On the bad side, it had been stretched and lowered... :headshake: Also they had also ground off 2 of the mounting point off the subframe for the tail, no headlight and the plug for the headlight was cut off. I just couldn't cut the plug off the headlight, to splice it into the old harness. Oh, there's a some fleebay style Gp pipe on there and the squid I got it from put a few small dents my headers, getting off his flat bed... He high sided it right on the headers, over and over... :headshake::angryfire::shortbus: I was like please stop but the damage had all read been done. :suicide:

So, I order a headlight, integrated taillight, turn signals, Gold Vortext rear sets, Brembo mono-block m4 Brake calipers, ZX14/new zx10r Glafer brake rotors, a normal length rear steel braded brake line, new subframe, Headlight wiring harnessed, vortex pressure switch for rear brake, rear trunk lock and cable, solo seat cowl hump thingy, Rear seat truck latch, Ram air ducked intake grill, I'm sure there's some other stuff in there like nuts and bolts etc and I may throw some HID's or LED's one there. I have some on hand but don't wanna cut wires, at all! Oh and all be getting a full exhaust here soon. Plus, a Bazzaz fi TC with the switch to flip between 10 levels of TC on the fly! :deathmetal:

TrickKwak 04-18-2015 05:27 PM

Look forward to seeing the transformation.

Keep us posted!

Matteson 04-18-2015 06:21 PM

Did you check the frame for cracks since it was wrecked?

Tweezy 04-18-2015 11:55 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Well, I took off the swingarm extension and the dog bone to rear stock too. I also raised the front back to stock, took off the old and mounted the new subframe, broke the chain to fit the OEM swingarm, Changed the rearsets to my gold vortex rear sets, put on the tail and the integrated taillight. mounted the brembo's for a min then took them off because they set 5mm to high and I don't wanna roll my cbr1000r rotor and a spacer. It's only be a few days till my Galfer wave rotors will be here.

Tweezy 04-19-2015 12:05 AM

3 Attachment(s)
A few more pic's. How do you put more then 3 picture's per page???

I2aMpAnT 04-19-2015 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tweezy (Post 3753337)
A few more pic's. How do you put more then 3 picture's per page???

Great work thus far!

I like to post them on Facebook and then post them with URL tags.

or10r 04-19-2015 04:14 AM

Thats a great start man. She is going to be nice.

Tweezy 04-19-2015 04:55 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by I2aMpAnT (Post 3753361)
Great work thus far!

I like to post them on Facebook and then post them with URL tags.

Thanks brother, I've got more pic's but I'm not sure I wanna post them all over facebook... Pic's of the reasons I replaced parts, thought about doing a step by step on everything I'm doing. How to splice wire's "the right way" not just twisting them together and taping them up, put on rearsets and pressure bolt, Raise or lower your bike, my brake swap etc.

Some pic's of the subframe I took off and why. it had been modded to fit a zx10r race tail and yes I'm most likely keeping it for race weekends, more then likely this will become my race bike at some point! Oh, plus the broken heel plate and peg!

Tweezy 04-19-2015 05:05 AM

3 Attachment(s)
And after

I2aMpAnT 04-19-2015 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tweezy (Post 3753609)
Thanks brother, I've got more pic's but I'm not sure I wanna post them all over facebook... Pic's of the reasons I replaced parts, thought about doing a step by step on everything I'm doing. How to splice wire's "the right way" not just twisting them together and taping them up, put on rearsets and pressure bolt, Raise or lower your bike, my brake swap etc.

Some pic's of the subframe I took off and why. it had been modded to fit a zx10r race tail and yes I'm most likely keeping it for race weekends, more then likely this will become my race bike at some point! Oh, plus the broken heel plate and peg!

I believe you can make the album private on Facebook and the URLs to the direct image should still work.