Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

Where to install o2 wideband sensor

Gen 5: 2016-20 
9K views 21 replies 14 participants last post by  Simon J 
#1 ·
Hi Guys,

I'm asking your advice where to install wideband o2 sensor? I have stock header, Akrapovic titanium link pipe and slip on.

I marked few possible locations.

I've understood if I use wideband to narrowband adapter and mount o2 sensor to stock location, reading are not reliable?

I have also difficulties find welder who could successfully weld bung on thin titanium link pipe.

I saw there are "no weld o2 bung mounts" available. Are are these reliable? Lifetime / possible leakages?

Should I remove stock narrowband bung and weld wideband bung on stock location?

I would be very grateful for all recommendation / advices.

Thanks

See less See more
#2 ·
I'm in the same situation, the best way would be to remove the headers and get the 12mm narrrow band bung mad into a 18mm wideband, but pulling the headers is a pain in the arse.

So, i intend to get the 18mm bung i have, welded about halfway between points B & C on your picture.

#6 ·
Unlike US, Euro models (and I belive AU models too) gen 4 came with O2 sensor, so the link pipe had the bung to install the stock sensor. Since on gen 5 the O2 sensor is in the headers, the link pipe bung is not more needed for normal operations. Considering the fact that many people install autotune or similars, a pre-installed wideband bung is a great move, that many manufactures did, but not Akrapovic.

#16 ·
ordered the M4 link pipe at work just to see it but does not have tabs to put slip on with springs. looks as if it have to be a clamp style slip-on attachment. and I have the M4 street slayer now that has the bung but im switching to a different exhaust that does not have it on the mid pipe

Looking at an SC-Project exhaust but does not have an O2 bung on the mid pipe, so id need to get one welded on
the Arrow slip on link pipes, all have bungs....

#18 ·
way old thread but I figured I would comment for those who are still dealing with this, you can get an aftermarket midpipe that is stainless steel and weld the bung, buy a mid with the bung already welded or you can carefully drill out the old bung for the narrow band and tap it with an m18 thread tap and screw the wideband right it. be careful as the walls of the old bung will accommodate but not if you don't drill it straight through. midpipes are cheap vs a new header

#19 ·
Got a Scorpian link pipe the keeps the cover trim plate on the cat. Getting it welded about halfway just below the footrest. Woolich also said there is enough metal to drill and tap the original 12mm O2 sensor hole on headers for it to fit there if you want too may help someone too :)
Will post a picture of it next week as mates at British Superbikes this weekend

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.