• 1 Post By Schooley
  • 1 Post By Geezer
  • 1 Post By tjg312

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 09-07-2018, 08:10 PM Thread Starter
The Pace

Posting Frequency

Up date on blown engine

Dealer received Kawa authorization to rebuild engine on 2013 g4 today, 09072018;

Per tech, failed valve, at 82k miles, same problem that occurred at 70k miles on same bike.

First bike I've owned that needed serious warranty work; and my 2011 g4 engine went at 50k miles, but didn't have extended; never bought extended on any super bikes until this '13, and bought that warranty because of the '11 failure.

One more item for the record. This engine failed June 12th, 2018; authority granted for warranty just came through.

Took awhile. The first failure took awhile, also.

One of the riders here placed the blame on the dealer, based upon his personal inside experience.

I thought it was Kawa corp.

Nope. Sorry, Kawa, slow pace not your fault just Admin service sorting bikes out. Found out as I called corp last week about the bike and...well... they had NO record of dealer contact! lol!

np overall, just that I know I'm driving everyone at home crazy not riding.

It will work out. The 2019 10r looks excellent to me now with its perfect weight so not planning on moving back to honda unless the '19's planned weight changes upwards.

Nothing on the dealer message mentioned length of time but he sounded upbeat.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 09-08-2018, 05:15 AM
Squid

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by scout View Post
Dealer received Kawa authorization to rebuild engine on 2013 g4 today, 09072018;

Per tech, failed valve, at 82k miles, same problem that occurred at 70k miles on same bike.

First bike I've owned that needed serious warranty work; and my 2011 g4 engine went at 50k miles, but didn't have extended; never bought extended on any super bikes until this '13, and bought that warranty because of the '11 failure.

One more item for the record. This engine failed June 12th, 2018; authority granted for warranty just came through.

Took awhile. The first failure took awhile, also.

One of the riders here placed the blame on the dealer, based upon his personal inside experience.

I thought it was Kawa corp.

Nope. Sorry, Kawa, slow pace not your fault just Admin service sorting bikes out. Found out as I called corp last week about the bike and...well... they had NO record of dealer contact! lol!

np overall, just that I know I'm driving everyone at home crazy not riding.

It will work out. The 2019 10r looks excellent to me now with its perfect weight so not planning on moving back to honda unless the '19's planned weight changes upwards.

Nothing on the dealer message mentioned length of time but he sounded upbeat.
Kawasaki Australia has the 2019 zx10r weight the same as the 16 model , as the base model zx10r does not come with the lighter forged Marchesini wheels of the SE or RR model. so the only real difference it a slightly light head and that wont be 20lb lighter to bring it down to the old outdated gen 4's weight,
post #3 of 9 Old 09-08-2018, 04:56 PM Thread Starter
The Pace

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
Kawasaki Australia has the 2019 zx10r weight the same as the 16 model , as the base model zx10r does not come with the lighter forged Marchesini wheels of the SE or RR model. so the only real difference it a slightly light head and that wont be 20lb lighter to bring it down to the old outdated gen 4's weight,
https://2019gembike.wordpress.com/20...-release-date/

scroll view weight.

Kawa research most likely doesn't consider weight a market factor. i do.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 09-09-2018, 04:55 AM
Squid

Posting Frequency

I looked at that link but id rather use the mcn review as they have ridden the new 2019 ZX10R and the 2019 ZX10RR here is the link and a quote from it

and I quote The 2018 bike is currently leading the World Superbike Championship and the British series, it also proved successful on the roads this year so Kawasaki havenít played around with the chassis and have used the same brakes, wheels, weight, and geometry as before.
https://www.motorcyclenews.com/news/...asaki-zx-10rr/
https://www.motorcyclenews.com/news/...ts-more-power/
post #5 of 9 Old 09-09-2018, 02:47 PM Thread Starter
The Pace

Posting Frequency

Quote:
I looked at that link but id rather use the mcn review as they have ridden the new 2019 ZX10R and the 2019 ZX10RR here is the link and a quote from it

and I quote The 2018 bike is currently leading the World Superbike Championship and the British series, it also proved successful on the roads this year so Kawasaki havenít played around with the chassis and have used the same brakes, wheels, weight, and geometry as before.
Yes, I'll check weight prior to purchase. Thx for heads up.
post #6 of 9 Old 09-09-2018, 05:04 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by scout View Post
Quote:

and I quote The 2018 bike is currently leading the World Superbike Championship and the British series, it also proved successful on the roads this year so Kawasaki haven’t played around with the chassis and have used the same brakes, wheels, weight, and geometry as before.
Yes, I'll check weight prior to purchase. Thx for heads up.
You should probably buy and read TOTW 1000 times instead.
Sneekey10R likes this.
post #7 of 9 Old 09-09-2018, 07:31 PM
Squid

Posting Frequency

^^Lolz
post #8 of 9 Old 09-11-2018, 12:51 AM
Squid

Posting Frequency

I wouldn't get hung up on the gen 5 being a few pounds heavier , I have owned both, and although the gen 4 is a great bike, the gen 5 although slightly heavier does everything so much better, and feels like it is 30lbs lighter to ride than the gen4, I'm up to 90,000 on my gen 5 now without it missing a beat, it is a stunning bike, it loves track days and does the 2 hour each way commute every day,
dudewhrsmybike likes this.
post #9 of 9 Old 09-11-2018, 07:52 AM
Squid

Posting Frequency

Quote:
I wouldn't get hung up on the gen 5 being a few pounds heavier , I have owned both, and although the gen 4 is a great bike, the gen 5 although slightly heavier does everything so much better, and feels like it is 30lbs lighter to ride than the gen4, I'm up to 90,000 on my gen 5 now without it missing a beat, it is a stunning bike, it loves track days and does the 2 hour each way commute every day,
90k!? pretty impressive considering it's only been out a couple years now!
dudewhrsmybike likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in