Gen 3: 2008-2010 Stutter/Cutting out around 8k-9k - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 Old 06-25-2018, 12:45 AM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Stutter/Cutting out around 8k-9k

Hi guys, new to the forum!
I have a 2009 Zx10 with 9500 miles
The previous owner left the bike in storage for several years with some fuel in the tank so when I bought it the inside of the tank was completely rusted up and I for obvious reasons assumed it was all in the fuel system. I recently replaced the fuel tank with a great condition used tank, replaced the fuel pump with a low mileage oem pump, was going to just replace all 8 injectors but the guy I bought the parts from sent me an entire throttle body assembly complete with injectors and lines + the 4 secondaries. All of this has been installed along with a new air filter and 4 new spark plugs but low and behold the exact same problem is still present. I have double and triple checked the common problem of having a pinched fuel line as well as jumping the kickstand switch and neither seem to be the culprit.
To explain the problem with a little more detail, The bike seems to run great under 8kish rpm, under load, WOT, cruising etc. but right around that rpm when under load it starts to stutter and cut out really hard, under WOT at that rpm it almost completely dies on itself. I can play with the throttle around those rpm and get it to rise to around 10k or so but not much more. It’s got me stumped, any advise would be much appreciated! Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in