Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

stearing head torque spec???

2K views 33 replies 9 participants last post by  El Diablo 
#1 ·
Hey all,
I'm putting on my scott's dampner tomorrow.
Can any one tell me the torque specs for the head bolt?
thanks in advance
Smiley

#4 ·
RMK said:
that install is a snap, did it in about 15 min, but be sure to re-tighten after you go riding, they do come a bit loose.

Did you not use blue loctite? Mine has never worked loose. :dontknow:

#6 ·
Andy said:
Which part are you talking about using locktight on? I didn't put any on my steering stem nut. I figured the 58 lbs. was good enough to make it stay.

Nah, not the steering stem nut... I'm talking about the tiny allen screws, the bolts that hold the damper to the adapter, and the two tank bolts that hold the pin bracket. :wink: The instructions said to loctite those or it WOULD work loose while riding.

#7 ·
el thats what I meant
I went out :beer: after work ouch....
thanks for the input any other pionters welcome
I'm relocating the plate as well as installing a pcIII
thanks again
Smiley

#8 ·
avdigigeek said:
el thats what I meant
I went out :beer: after work ouch....
thanks for the input any other pionters welcome
I'm relocating the plate as well as installing a pcIII
thanks again
Smiley
Just be ready to feel a different bike when you ride for the first time with the Scotts Damper installed. It really smoothed up the bar movement on rough roads for me. :wink:

#15 ·
yah i used the blue locktite, hasn't worked loose at all, checked it after the ride too. yah it really smoothes out the front end on rough roads, pretty dramatic change.. i haven't touched the high speed setting. They say it came pre-set from the factory and we should get used to it before adjusting its, so i left it alone. you notice the world of difference, just go hit some potholes :badteeth:

#17 ·
so you upgraded to a hoe from a whore

#19 ·
sure it is buddy

#24 · (Edited)
jeech said:
That's your squad car? I didn't realize you were PoPo.... looks the same outside my house. I would have cringed if that were your 10 covered in ice and not the squad car
Yep, that's me work cage. And I would have died if that had been Diablo under ice instead of the squad. :headshake I started to walk Diablo out for a couple pics on the ice but figured I'd end up bustin' my butt and droppin' my bike. Life would suck if that happened... so she's nestled in the garage where she will stay until the ice is gone. :thumbsup:

#25 ·
BadAzzGuitarPlyr said:
same here too.....my driveway is a solid sheet of ice.....its at about a 30 degree slope and sledding down it isnt a good idea.
Sucks don't it man? :BangHead:

#26 ·
Big Daddy said:
Hey take your EGGO and go riddin :loser:

BD
yes i will take my eggo and go riding some more then

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.