Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

SBU Flash Question

Gen 5: 2016-20 
1K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  ZX_Zvezda 
#1 ·
I had my 2019 flashed by Superbike Unlimited and overall, it's great. One area that didn't improve is the auto blip function.

The factory auto blip worked smooth and automatically adjusted for RPM by applying a percentage of throttle and duration of cut time.

After the flash, the auto blip seems to be on a static setting, where it's fine for the top of the rev range, but for mid and lower RPMs, it's revving too aggressively. I'm also unsure if the cut time is static or automated.

I called SBU and they mentioned that because the throttle parameters were altered with the flash, it could cause this to happen, but there didn't seem to be a definitive response.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

#4 ·
I'm not a huge fan of the autoblip on these bikes. I think it's just a cheap load cell or something. Mine too is quite aggressive at times.
I've also had times, and I'm sure you will too, where you're preloading the shifter and activate the blip without actually shifting! It's kind of a pain..

#5 ·
The slipper can affect the feel of the blipper as well. Like the bike is surging forward at medium to lower revs. I pulled 3 of the leaf springs and this smoothed it out.

Honestly though, if you're not on track, then a blipper is pointless...very cool, but pointless all the same.

#6 ·
This bike is mostly for track duty.

I did notice this surging at medium revs, especially when hard on the brake. Any ill effects of removing the springs?

THIS. Yeap, that's what is going on... Thank you!

If not a pro no reason to flash.
:notworthy:

I'm not a huge fan of the autoblip on these bikes. I think it's just a cheap load cell or something. Mine too is quite aggressive at times.
I've also had times, and I'm sure you will too, where you're preloading the shifter and activate the blip without actually shifting! It's kind of a pain..
It worked much better before, all throughout the rev range. It does seem like a cheap and overly large unit though...

#9 ·
Have the same issue with my SBU flashed 17RR. They told me they’re working on it but it wouldn’t be a fast process and they’ll keep me posted. Woolich race tools does have the ability to adjust the autoblipper with the OEM sensor. Per SBU ftecu only prevents reading of the ecu so you could reflash with woolich to use race tools, but you’ll lose the ftecu mapping and everything.

Hopefully they’ll have a solution soon.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.