Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

RPM problems

Gen 5: 2016-20 
5K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Twistedsocal13 
#1 ·
Good day to all . Today I installed M4 GP titanium muffler on my ZX10-R 2017 and after starts engine RPM rising up to 6000 and don't want to drop down. I ride about 10 km , the bike riding well on all gears but when I'm stop rpm again comes up to 6000. Before was TylorMade muffler and was no any problems. Servo buddy not installed . Please help me to solve the problem

#3 ·
there isn't an idle adjustment knob like the earlier gen zx10r bikes. The only way to adjust idle on the gen 5 is via ECU flash. To the op, how did the new pipe mount? any chance you pulled on a line or something? best bet is going to be to do as was suggested and swap back to old pipe and see if it fixed the issue. beyond that an ECU flash kit from woolich or ftecu so you can actually adjust the idle would be my suggestion

#5 ·
nakedinseatle, trust me bro, when I went from the gen 1 to my first gen 5 that shit drove me nuts, my 2017 always idled a bit high and I wanted to lower it, my 2018 idled low and didn't do the up rev on clutch release like my 17 and my SE both do. woolich was my solution, allows idle adjustment although the bike still won't hold certain idle rpm very steadily. some it does

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.