Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

replacing the tach

2K views 22 replies 21 participants last post by  irunfromcops 
#1 ·
Ok...anybody got a replacement for the crummy tach?

#5 ·
I like it, though I dont use it all that much, i too use the ear mostly, and on my recent ride, I dont think i saw over 11k the whole time, heck, even 10k was rare, as I only saw my shift light illuminate once all day, it had plenty of power downlow and in the midrange without taking it all the way out.........

#6 ·
I love it.

I was talking to a friend of mine about the very subject (past AMA / CCS lightweight supersport champ), and I never use the tach either, once you get used to the bike, your ears should be "tuned" to know where the revs are, I went for my ride and also saw the shift light only once and it nearly threw me off the back it was pulling soooo hard 1st - 3rd gears.

I light having the light as a small reminder in my peripheral, so that works great.

#8 ·
I cannot stand the Tach.

If the rest of the bike wasn't so great I would be more concerned with it.

Just last night I was wondering if they changed the tach out to a Manual Tach for 05 would that Tach work on the 04 bikes.

I would change mine out if it was easy and not more than a couple hundred $$.

#9 ·
best looking cockpit on the road!

#10 ·
F*&K IT I was banging gears like a mofo on Sunday at Road Atlanta. I was coming out of T7 and started bangin em like a mofo while on the back wheel from 2-5th. The wheel would sit down when the shift light came on in 5th. By then I was setup for the long shot down the back straight and I put er in 6th and held it to the chock until the shift light came on and then through the kink and hard on the brakes.

I never once looked at the tach. I knew where the sweet spot was on the exhaust note.

#14 ·
The few times I have come close to laying down any bike always happened when I was looking at my instruments. I learned real fast to just be in touch with my bikes and use it as an extension of myself. I mean how often do you need to look down to say wow I'm going fast, or damn look at those revs build hehe, However the tach on the bike is tight I like the size I just wish they would have used a diffrent color other than black to build the rpms.

#19 ·
crispin said:
I cannot stand the Tach.

If the rest of the bike wasn't so great I would be more concerned with it.

Just last night I was wondering if they changed the tach out to a Manual Tach for 05 would that Tach work on the 04 bikes.

I would change mine out if it was easy and not more than a couple hundred $$.
I haven't seen this info about 10R '05. Could you tell me more?

#21 ·
supraman95mb said:
F*&K IT I was banging gears like a mofo on Sunday at Road Atlanta. I was coming out of T7 and started bangin em like a mofo while on the back wheel from 2-5th. The wheel would sit down when the shift light came on in 5th. By then I was setup for the long shot down the back straight and I put er in 6th and held it to the chock until the shift light came on and then through the kink and hard on the brakes.

I never once looked at the tach. I knew where the sweet spot was on the exhaust note.

:roll: sure you did

#22 ·
phastone said:
supraman95mb said:

:roll: sure you did
:lol: Last time I did a track day/school at road atlanta, they still had the 2 wheel policy in effect. And that was years before the ZX-10 came out, so i'm pretty sure it's still in effect. :wink:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.