pulling to the right (08) - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 Old 05-14-2008, 09:42 PM Thread Starter
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to spikespiegel Send a message via Yahoo to spikespiegel
pulling to the right (08)

I tried searching but haven't found anything (the search is pretty horrible) but i just checked and the bike DOES pull to the right when i take my hands off the bars and sit back on the seat... WTF is up with that? Anyone have any ideas as to why its doin that?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 Old 05-14-2008, 09:46 PM
Squid

Posting Frequency

Check your tire pressure. Same thing happened to me on my 06. Good luck

post #3 of 24 Old 05-14-2008, 09:52 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Forks aren't true maybe or the rear tire isn't adjusted straight...

I believe JJ and maybe a few others have said that their forks came twisted a little from the factory and they had to loosen up the triple clamps to straighten them. Check your alignment marks on the swingarm, if they're both really close or the same I'm not sure how much of an impact that would have.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 24 Old 05-14-2008, 09:54 PM Thread Starter
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to spikespiegel Send a message via Yahoo to spikespiegel
err my tire pressure is fine, i check it weekly, and the notches on the swingarm on both sides are dead equal, i make sure i always adjust those as accurately as possible.. Will check out the forks .
post #5 of 24 Old 05-14-2008, 09:57 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

you could try and loosen the front axle nut and then bounce on the front forks hard. To make sure all is align and parrallel. remember to retorue it before you take it out for a ride. Check rear wheel alignment as well. These are only possibilities.

BKK
post #6 of 24 Old 05-17-2008, 03:58 PM
YZF
BANNED

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkkninja View Post
you could try and loosen the front axle nut and then bounce on the front forks hard. To make sure all is align and parrallel. remember to retorue it before you take it out for a ride. Check rear wheel alignment as well. These are only possibilities.

Which one is front axel nut ? Those two, one at right fork and one at left? (Number 3 on first picture) Or center steering nut? (Number 7 on second picture)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	suspension.JPG
Views:	141
Size:	52.7 KB
ID:	68707   Click image for larger version

Name:	steering.JPG
Views:	141
Size:	73.7 KB
ID:	68708  
post #7 of 24 Old 05-17-2008, 04:09 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

I was just logging on to put up a post about the same exact thing. I have an 07 that has been doing the same this since I bought it. It was a leftover I bought 3 months ago with 0 miles. It has done this since day 1 & I now have 650 miles on it. But mine even pulls to the right upon hard acceleration or stand up wheelies. I have adjusted tire pressure, aligned the rear wheel so it is exact from side to side. It's driving me crazy. My one friend tells me it's just me & it's all in my head which it clearly isn't. Any help or info would be great!

06 10r/08 kfx 450r

Last edited by wuzupez; 05-17-2008 at 04:13 PM.
post #8 of 24 Old 05-17-2008, 04:17 PM
MIA Ex-Mod

Posting Frequency

If you are sure your rear is aligned, measure from the swingarm pivot bolt to rear axle on each side and verify they are the same. Sometimes the tick marks on the swingarm are off.

Tread

2004 PBO zx10-r pazzo, seat cowl, yoshi Ti TRS bolt on, PC3, Speedo-Healer, Hyperpro, Braided lines, 16-40, Sato sets, ZG dark screen, and more.
post #9 of 24 Old 05-17-2008, 04:18 PM
MIA Ex-Mod

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by YZF View Post
Which one is front axel nut ? Those two, one at right fork and one at left? (Number 3 on first picture) Or center steering nut? (Number 7 on second picture)
The axle nut is the one that goes thru the wheel not up on the triple trees.

Tread

2004 PBO zx10-r pazzo, seat cowl, yoshi Ti TRS bolt on, PC3, Speedo-Healer, Hyperpro, Braided lines, 16-40, Sato sets, ZG dark screen, and more.
post #10 of 24 Old 05-17-2008, 04:18 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

The axle nut is what holds the wheel on! Hey, does your bike only pull to the right when your coasting with hands off the bars or when you role onto the throttle does it pull as well? This has been driving me nuts. When I drag race I have almost my entire body hnging off the laft side of the bike to try & correct the pull.

06 10r/08 kfx 450r
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in