Gen 5: 2016- Our 2018 ZX-10RR Superbike Build! - Page 7 - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 30Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 74 Old 02-15-2019, 02:04 PM
WSB Rider
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Santa Cruz, CA
Posts: 735
Posting Frequency
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superbike Unlimited View Post
Yes, MR12 is definitely worth a few horsepower over u4.4, typically 4-5 on a liter bike when tuned properly.
Any word on whether the new Moto America VP MGP fuel will make more power over pump/apex?
Lanister is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #62 of 74 Old 02-19-2019, 04:36 PM
Champion Rider
 
moto316's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Clearwater, FL
Posts: 293
Posting Frequency
 
Hey Freddy, does your arrow or graves system come in contact with the bellypan on the bottom where the headers start bending towards the rear of the bike? I've got the full ti arrow system on mine and it touched the sharskinz lower, getting around now to installing a carbonin set and they touch as well! I got by with installing a bit of exhaust heat shield material on the sharkskinz but it still burned through because of the nonexistant clearance. I'm thinking I should scrap the arrow system and go to an akrapovic..
moto316 is offline  
post #63 of 74 Old 02-19-2019, 05:46 PM
WSB Rider
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Santa Cruz, CA
Posts: 735
Posting Frequency
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by moto316 View Post
Hey Freddy, does your arrow or graves system come in contact with the bellypan on the bottom where the headers start bending towards the rear of the bike? I've got the full ti arrow system on mine and it touched the sharskinz lower, getting around now to installing a carbonin set and they touch as well! I got by with installing a bit of exhaust heat shield material on the sharkskinz but it still burned through because of the nonexistant clearance. I'm thinking I should scrap the arrow system and go to an akrapovic..
That's kind of a known issue. Many types of bodywork out there simply don't have enough clearance, as many performance exhaust systems are designed to take up more room and use up the vertical space and hit the lower. What people have been doing is taking their lowers to a carbon fiber shop/fiber class to have them extended down ever so slightly. It seems like a cheaper way than to change exhaust systems. Akrapovic system should fit the Carbonin lower as it is more compact but I'm not 100% sure. Hot Bodies have enough room for any exhaust out there. I am curious if Armour Bodies is designed better as well?
Lanister is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #64 of 74 Old 02-20-2019, 08:21 AM
Champion Rider
 
moto316's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Clearwater, FL
Posts: 293
Posting Frequency
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanister View Post
That's kind of a known issue. Many types of bodywork out there simply don't have enough clearance, as many performance exhaust systems are designed to take up more room and use up the vertical space and hit the lower. What people have been doing is taking their lowers to a carbon fiber shop/fiber class to have them extended down ever so slightly. It seems like a cheaper way than to change exhaust systems. Akrapovic system should fit the Carbonin lower as it is more compact but I'm not 100% sure. Hot Bodies have enough room for any exhaust out there. I am curious if Armour Bodies is designed better as well?
Thanks, sharkskinz themselves isn't too far from me, maybe I can have them repair the set I got from them as well as modify the carbonin lower. I had a spare set of armour bodies laying around but I never got around to fitting it before I sold it.
moto316 is offline  
post #65 of 74 Old 02-20-2019, 02:38 PM
WSB Rider
 
Victors's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Michigan
Posts: 714
Posting Frequency
  
Garage
Have you guys have anyone use the mwr stacks on a stock motor with results yet?
Neonmarine likes this.

2013 10R
2007 650R
2016 10R
Victors is offline  
post #66 of 74 Old 02-20-2019, 02:58 PM
WSB Rider
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Santa Cruz, CA
Posts: 735
Posting Frequency
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by moto316 View Post
Thanks, sharkskinz themselves isn't too far from me, maybe I can have them repair the set I got from them as well as modify the carbonin lower. I had a spare set of armour bodies laying around but I never got around to fitting it before I sold it.
Catalyst Composites may also have room for aftermarket exhausts, I would double check though.

I had a gen4 with a gen4 full akra ti system. Knowing that fairings are interchangeable between generations, I put Carbonins on it and it cleared with maybe a finger width underneath. So yay for Akra boys. I mean, clearly Carbonins were designed with a few types of exhausts in mind. I doubt that it's just Akra. What else do they run in Europe? Arrow is big, Spark...
Lanister is offline  
post #67 of 74 Old 03-03-2019, 02:21 PM
Я - Ребенок Люциферов
 
Vonstallin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Washington DC
Posts: 3,488
Posting Frequency
Images: 16
      
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanister View Post
That's kind of a known issue. Many types of bodywork out there simply don't have enough clearance, as many performance exhaust systems are designed to take up more room and use up the vertical space and hit the lower. What people have been doing is taking their lowers to a carbon fiber shop/fiber class to have them extended down ever so slightly. It seems like a cheaper way than to change exhaust systems. Akrapovic system should fit the Carbonin lower as it is more compact but I'm not 100% sure. Hot Bodies have enough room for any exhaust out there. I am curious if Armour Bodies is designed better as well?
I have AB on mines with a short canister with no issues.

WERA Novice 325 | CCS Novice 326 | The Nightmare of Summit Point

2016 ZX10R ABS | 2011 ZX10R | 2011 R6 | 2019 KTM 250XC-F
GunnRunnaz.com|Gunn Runnaz on FaceBook
Vonstallin is offline  
post #68 of 74 Old 03-04-2019, 06:59 PM
WSB Rider
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Santa Cruz, CA
Posts: 735
Posting Frequency
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vonstallin View Post
I have AB on mines with a short canister with no issues.
Are your headers stock?
Lanister is offline  
post #69 of 74 Old 03-06-2019, 10:49 PM
Я - Ребенок Люциферов
 
Vonstallin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Washington DC
Posts: 3,488
Posting Frequency
Images: 16
      
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanister View Post
Are your headers stock?
yes... just a M4 or Graves slip on (cant remember since I put an Akra sticker on it lol)



WERA Novice 325 | CCS Novice 326 | The Nightmare of Summit Point

2016 ZX10R ABS | 2011 ZX10R | 2011 R6 | 2019 KTM 250XC-F
GunnRunnaz.com|Gunn Runnaz on FaceBook
Vonstallin is offline  
post #70 of 74 Old 03-07-2019, 12:49 PM
WSB Rider
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Santa Cruz, CA
Posts: 735
Posting Frequency
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vonstallin View Post
yes... just a M4 or Graves slip on (cant remember since I put an Akra sticker on it lol)

The clearance issue we're talking about here is caused by aftermarket headers hanging lower than stock. That's the issue. But it's good to know that AB has no issue with shorty mufflers hanging inside the belly pan.
Lanister is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (1 members and 1 guests)
desmoninja
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
World Superbike 2018 Kicks Off Down Undah This Weekend YSR50 News 0 02-21-2018 12:54 PM
2018 zx-10RR.??? Tsmathers33 The ZX-10R 3 11-19-2017 08:38 PM
ZX-10R KRT vs ZX-10RR morpheusro The ZX-10R 9 09-11-2017 12:37 PM
Kawasaki ZX-10RR vs Kawasaki ZX-10R ZX_10_R_KAW The ZX-10R 24 06-26-2004 02:55 AM
ZX-10RR to race Superbike in '04 N2GEEZ Archives 7 12-09-2003 04:48 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome