Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

Oil drip 2011 zx10r

2K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  Bottoms-Up 
#1 ·
I just bought a 2011 zx10r my first liter bike I have had 3 636 and 600s but I just bought this bike yesterday it's only had 2800 miles on it I took it out only went about 5 miles came home noticed oil on my bike looks like its coming from here in this area anyone experienced this b4??

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
definitely not a 2011. and your picture is not helping any. maybe get a closer picture and not a blurry picture.. =)

#8 ·
Like Belkins said, your pictures (even the new ones) aren't any help. I've studied your photos and I still can't see any oil because there are too many shiny surfaces in that area and I can't tell if it's just the natural sheen of the parts or if they're coated in oil.

Oil leaks aren't difficult. If it's a gasket, go ask the parts guy at the dealer for a new one and pick up some silicone gasket maker while you're at it. If it's coming from a plug, replace the washer and torque adequately. That timing cover isn't bathed in oil. You can take it off without making a big mess (it'll drip a bit though).

#9 ·
yes, hard to tell from the pics but.....

After being rebuilt from the crash maybe when the side case was
replaced they just used the old gasket and it's just leaking?

Hopefully something like the case is not cracked and leaking.

If it was leaking within a 5 mile ride, they knew about it
before selling it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.