Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

Which new liter-bike is the worst and why?

13K views 211 replies 46 participants last post by  dnwhoop02 
#1 ·
What is your opinion on which new 1000 is the worst, ranging from styling to general performance?

I think Honda is crap because it was marketed as a user-friendly superbike after they realized it wouldn't stand a chance against the competition.

#2 ·
Seems like Honda is up to buisness as usual. Never the fastest, never the baddest.

I would go with the R1. Yamaha sacrificed all that mid range so they could look good on paper with their squid fan base and have a high peak HP number. And they didn't even have the top number. Throw in all the engines exploding and increased weight, not to mention the nut cooking exhaust. I would say they're the biggest letdown.

#5 ·
R1GSXRKILLER said:
Well you asked & i'm telling.

honda...sucks [smilie=t: FAT,UGLY,HEAVY, SLOW.
R1-bites balls... [smilie=t: GAY LOOKING,BLOWN ENGINES,NOT RELIABLE.
GIXXER-got to give them props.FAST,MEAN LOOKING,KICKASS BIKE.
ZX10R-#1.....NEED I SAY MORE.[/quote]
[smilie=i:

#6 ·
Frankyoz said:
R1GSXRKILLER said:
Well you asked & i'm telling.

honda...sucks [smilie=t: FAT,UGLY,HEAVY, SLOW.
R1-bites balls... [smilie=t: GAY LOOKING,BLOWN ENGINES,NOT RELIABLE.
GIXXER-got to give them props.FAST,MEAN LOOKING,KICKASS BIKE.
ZX10R-#1.....NEED I SAY MORE.[/quote]
[smilie=i:[/quote]

me tooo!!

#8 ·
Andy said:
Seems like Honda is up to buisness as usual. Never the fastest, never the baddest.

I would go with the R1. Yamaha sacrificed all that mid range so they could look good on paper with their squid fan base and have a high peak HP number. And they didn't even have the top number. Throw in all the engines exploding and increased weight, not to mention the nut cooking exhaust. I would say they're the biggest letdown.
Very well put [smilie=o: I still think the Gsx-r1000 is the second best liter bike.

#9 ·
KwObAbY said:
Andy said:

Very well put [smilie=o: I still think the Gsx-r1000 is the second best liter bike.[/quote]
I concour

#10 ·
The Honda is a lard arse, send it to Weight Watchers for a season to get down to the competiton. Butt warmer exhaust

R1 is all eye candy for the short sighted, no bottom end all top end, over weight under powered. has the Honda butt warmer type exhaust.

K4 Gixxer is as best as it can get, the K5 has the worst exhaust of any bike in history. If I was a Suzuki owner I would be keeping the bike for another 2 years until they fix that exhaust.

The ZX10R is the best looking bike, color choices are great, Orange, Lime Green, Black and Blue. Yamaha is the only other with a few good colors options.

It has the baddest performing engine, equal best bottom end, linear power delivery, with an awesome top end. Petal brakes front and rear, radial calipers.

2004 Masterbike, weaklings need not apply

Vote One NINJA ZX-10R

#22 ·
I took the new R1 out for a test last Saturday, though it was only a short 30 minutes blast because I picked up a nail the rear tyre.

First impressions

1. Seat height lower, feels like you are sat in the bike more.
2. longer stretch to the bars and lower pegs.
3. engine feels much smoother
4. power is more linear, with no real kicks below 10krpm
5. not as much mid range as the 10R
6. Excellent mirrors (unlike the 10R)
7. very easy to ride…good for novices…
8. if I was blindfolded, I would think I was on a Honda..

Actually I was quite impressed. However, I think that the 10R is a very special motorcycle…its feels so alive..

I’m gonna take the Blade out soon, just out of curiosity

#23 ·
Well now, this is a loaded question, as I do not feel any of them suck. I will put them in order best to 3rd runner up.

CBR 1000RR- Number one. Hey-this is my opinion, and this is what this thread is all about. I will gladly race anyone that wants to. I am not stating that I will win, but maybe! These are being sold as streetbikes, and I feel the Honda is the best Streetbike money can buy right now.
Regardless, I will race anyone that wants to race, at the very least, you will be surprised!

1st runner up- ZX10R- Certainly has the HP numbers according to the mags, but I do not ride a magazine. I almost went with a ZX10R, but liked the Honda better for the street.

2nd runner up- R1 - For everyday use, not a good choice, but when you want a 600 on steroids, this is THE bike to be on!

3rd runner up- GSXR1000K4 - Nothing wrong with this bike at all, but she is dated. The new model should be a rocketship from what I have heard.

Again, any of you guys that want to hook up for a friendly race, I am more than willing to give 'er a go, and you will be surprised by the Honda, I assure you!

#24 ·
Ninja said:
2004 Masterbike, weaklings need not apply
By the way the zx10r that was in the Masterbike shootout was a pre-production bike and not a a bike off the dealer's floor like the others. This was clearly stated in the report.
With all that power, light weight, and lap times of the zx10r most riders in the Masterbike shootout liked the R1 the most. Funny that, isn't it? Maybe less can be more sometimes.

Missed me? LOL

#25 ·
resuscit8u said:
Well now, this is a loaded question, as I do not feel any of them suck. I will put them in order best to 3rd runner up.

CBR 1000RR- Number one. Hey-this is my opinion, and this is what this thread is all about. I will gladly race anyone that wants to. I am not stating that I will win, but maybe! These are being sold as streetbikes, and I feel the Honda is the best Streetbike money can buy right now.
Regardless, I will race anyone that wants to race, at the very least, you will be surprised!

1st runner up- ZX10R- Certainly has the HP numbers according to the mags, but I do not ride a magazine. I almost went with a ZX10R, but liked the Honda better for the street.

2nd runner up- R1 - For everyday use, not a good choice, but when you want a 600 on steroids, this is THE bike to be on!

3rd runner up- GSXR1000K4 - Nothing wrong with this bike at all, but she is dated. The new model should be a rocketship from what I have heard.

Again, any of you guys that want to hook up for a friendly race, I am more than willing to give 'er a go, and you will be surprised by the Honda, I assure you!
Very tactfull and well stated.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.