Micron Serpents - Page 3 - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 44 Old 01-27-2004, 12:11 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyman1
im not a huge micron fan myself, and where did this slip on talk come from. Listen facts are facts and someone asked the difference, well i told ya. who didnt understand this the first time, 2 gix 1k's ran back to back at least 5 times both bikes stock okay. We were dead even every single time, then i threw A full serpeant system on my bike with a pc and map and we ran again 5 straight times(his bike still stock) 1 hour later approx. I killed him by at least 18 bike lengths APPROX we both agreed with a by stander saying the same thing. We raced to about 170 the whole time. Now I have raced for many years and done very well on the track including him so i dont want to hear its the rider. Then he put micron serpeant on and we were back to almost dead even again, now being we both had them on our bikes. So i suppose it's a coincidence eh!!!!!!!!!! Hell im getting something different for the 10r, hated installing those headers. Now i have seen dyno charts with anywhere from 8hp to 14 with pc and map for those microns so i wouldnt call them junk. Is there better, ya akra and some others but i didnt like my akra on my r1 much a few years back. reason being its to dam quiet for my taste. Trust we when i write something on here i have done, you can take it to the bank.
That sounds like quiet a scientific method you guys used when testing the exhaust pipes. I don’t know how I ever doubted your results. :roll:

Exactly how much horsepower do you think you gained over him by using your pipe and him using a micron?

And do you think that little difference is really that “big” of one?

5 horsepower is not enough to make 18 bike lengths distance on any bike, even if they are the same.

I’m not going to start a debate on this topic although I will say that anyone who has more than a few years of knowledge about engines and motorcycles know that there are many little differences between two bikes if both are not ran identically. Some examples could be break in procedures. “I know I know, your going to tell me you guys both broke them in completely the same time, both together.. Hell you even got off the bikes at the exact same time, just incase someone wanted to debate Micron VS Whatever the fuck pipe you got”, but for the sake of argument lets say your buddy broke the bike in through a harmful manner and that already killed a good 3/5 horsepower stock off your bike. Putting on a slip on which might give 5 horsepower, and only give him 2 is going to make a little difference. One for 18 bike lengths, no I’m sorry but it doesn’t work that way. Also even if both of you are running power commanders on your bikes, it doesn’t mean you both have the best map for your fuel injection. The shop I worked for used to always get some moron spending more money than he should on upgrades he never really knew how to work in the first place. What about oil type? Synthetic or standard thick? Some say that some oils give them up to a horsepower more and quicker rev response using synthetics. What about intake track? Stock on both? One of you have a race air filter? Fuck, how about one persons filter is more dirty than the other? I put 5k on my bike before I changed the filter. I could tell the difference when I put a K&N on it afterwards. The difference might have been a combination of being a better breathing filter, and maybe a clean one to. I suppose that in your racing experience you never experience the “Varibles” between bikes. But there are many factors that I hope one day you will get a general understanding of before you post some scientific report on a forum. But I think I’m probably asking for to much.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 44 Old 01-27-2004, 10:43 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

hey cd what in the hell are you talking about, no one had a slip on. the comparison was done using 2 gix 1ks that were stock then putting a full system with map on the 1 and leaving the other stock. then racing them back to back before and after the install. what part of that dont you get? I had about 10-12 hp advantage on him. wake the hell up :shock: so my bike had the full system micron and hid did not. we ran both bikes stock that day, and were dead even all 5 times. then i put the fullsystem on my bike later that day and we raced again with his still stock, thats where i got the bike lenghts from bud! You nee to read better, but ya i know nothing I guess since I only been riding seriously for 29 years. then later he bought a full micron system also and we were back to almost even again. Not hard to figure out is it?

live on the edge.
post #23 of 44 Old 01-28-2004, 01:17 AM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
hey cd what in the hell are you talking about, no one had a slip on. the comparison was done using 2 gix 1ks that were stock then putting a full system with map on the 1 and leaving the other stock. then racing them back to back before and after the install. what part of that dont you get? I had about 10-12 hp advantage on him. wake the hell up :shock: so my bike had the full system micron and hid did not. we ran both bikes stock that day, and were dead even all 5 times. then i put the fullsystem on my bike later that day and we raced again with his still stock, thats where i got the bike lenghts from bud! You nee to read better, but ya i know nothing I guess since I only been riding seriously for 29 years. then later he bought a full micron system also and we were back to almost even again. Not hard to figure out is it?
As I understood it you modified one bike with a micron exhaust, and then the other with a a different exhaust type. So are you pro-micron or not? Cause I thought this thread was about rather or not you can see a big difference from getting a micron exhaust system VS someone elses brand exhaust system.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 44 Old 01-28-2004, 02:15 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

You misunderstood me, we ran both bikes stock for stock. then the same day i put a FULL system on my bike which was the serpeant headers (micron) and pc 3 with microns map while keeping his bike stock. then we raced again that day after my mods, so we were comparing my bike stock(which was dead even with his when we raced each time stock) to my bike modded. it was around 18 bike lengths approx at least we thought i was ahead of him after i put the system on vs the last time we race an hour or so ago when my bike was stock. Simple comparison of how it does with the exhaust system and without. since we were dead even, we could compare my bike vs the micron full system the same day against his bike to see the difference. Microns are okay and it seemed to have quite a few more ponies but fit and finish i thought could be better. I will look for something else for the ten. So im not really for micron or against them.

live on the edge.
post #25 of 44 Old 01-28-2004, 02:44 AM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
You misunderstood me, we ran both bikes stock for stock. then the same day i put a FULL system on my bike which was the serpeant headers (micron) and pc 3 with microns map while keeping his bike stock. then we raced again that day after my mods, so we were comparing my bike stock(which was dead even with his when we raced each time stock) to my bike modded. it was around 18 bike lengths approx at least we thought i was ahead of him after i put the system on vs the last time we race an hour or so ago when my bike was stock. Simple comparison of how it does with the exhaust system and without. since we were dead even, we could compare my bike vs the micron full system the same day against his bike to see the difference. Microns are okay and it seemed to have quite a few more ponies but fit and finish i thought could be better. I will look for something else for the ten. So im not really for micron or against them.
Ok, that makes sense. I think I confused your post with Turbo's. My bad.
post #26 of 44 Old 01-28-2004, 04:37 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

I'm not surprised that an aftermarket full system made alot more power than stock. Even the worst systems uncork a little power. What amazes me is when one aftermarket system claims 10 more HP than another. Those claims get me wondering.
post #27 of 44 Old 01-28-2004, 05:06 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Exactly, some of these clown manufacturers like to blow numbers through the roof. I would say most the top pipes make between 2-3 hp difference at most. To me its starting to come down to if its deep and loud, as long as its descent hp gain. Noise is becoming the factor along with hp, and looks of course.

live on the edge.
post #28 of 44 Old 01-28-2004, 06:32 AM
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Speaking of pipes... Dennis Clanton aka Themotorhead is making a turbo setup for the ZX10. Anyone in the Cleveland area should contact him if you are interested.
post #29 of 44 Old 01-28-2004, 02:09 PM
I really need to get out of the house

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Exactly, some of these clown manufacturers like to blow numbers through the roof. I would say most the top pipes make between 2-3 hp difference at most. To me its starting to come down to if its deep and loud, as long as its descent hp gain. Noise is becoming the factor along with hp, and looks of course.
You mean 2-3hp difference between system brands right??

BD

Those who stir the shit pot should have to lick the spoon.
post #30 of 44 Old 01-28-2004, 08:28 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Maybe a little more than 3 HP difference between brands. Not much more though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in