LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 17 Old 02-03-2004, 05:56 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDRacingZX6R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy
Mmmmmmm, i'm inclined to believe its like splitting hairs, and no doubt your gonna hear that as the tests roll out from every rag, but first impressions are note worthy and somehow leave the general public with whats voiced as gospel and its fair to say thats how we view them. My take on this comparo is the zx10 is on the edge much like the gixxer 7.5 was each and every year it was released. 'Hyper' comes to mind.

This is a huge step forward make no mistake about it! and when its taken to the track by the journos and tweeked my suspicions tell me its gonna 'rock da house' big time. but i could be wrong :(

BD
I'd be less worried about which bike is the fastest, and more concerned with why the 10R was delayed until May.
tranny problems i say...

"Extreme...Life's too short not to be"

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 17 Old 02-03-2004, 11:09 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaJoe
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDRacingZX6R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy
Mmmmmmm, i'm inclined to believe its like splitting hairs, and no doubt your gonna hear that as the tests roll out from every rag, but first impressions are note worthy and somehow leave the general public with whats voiced as gospel and its fair to say thats how we view them. My take on this comparo is the zx10 is on the edge much like the gixxer 7.5 was each and every year it was released. 'Hyper' comes to mind.

This is a huge step forward make no mistake about it! and when its taken to the track by the journos and tweeked my suspicions tell me its gonna 'rock da house' big time. but i could be wrong :(

BD
I'd be less worried about which bike is the fastest, and more concerned with why the 10R was delayed until May.
tranny problems i say...
I think your probably right. But if it is the Tranny its not just a detent spring like estimated. I got a feeling theres something bigger going on than let on.
post #13 of 17 Old 02-03-2004, 11:21 PM
I really need to get out of the house

Posting Frequency

I think everyone would agree that its faaaaar better late than taking posession and dealing with warranty, service dept issues.

BD

Those who stir the shit pot should have to lick the spoon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 17 Old 02-06-2004, 11:17 AM
Squid

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeta xray
I do not doubt that the Honda is easier to launch. Look at just one fact. The top speeds in 1st gear. Honda 50 mph, kawasaki 100+ mph.
How did you come to the conclusion the 1000RR is tops out at 50 in 1st?
post #15 of 17 Old 02-06-2004, 11:28 AM
I really need to get out of the house

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by bidwell
Quote:
I do not doubt that the Honda is easier to launch. Look at just one fact. The top speeds in 1st gear. Honda 50 mph, kawasaki 100+ mph.
How did you come to the conclusion the 1000RR is tops out at 50 in 1st?
Thats news to me too but then I haven't really paid too much attention to the Honda.
post #16 of 17 Old 02-06-2004, 12:25 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

The Road Racing World magazine had very detailed specs including top speed in each gear for the CBR1000RR and the ZX-10R.
post #17 of 17 Old 02-06-2004, 01:54 PM
Squid

Posting Frequency

Quote:
The Road Racing World magazine had very detailed specs including top speed in each gear for the CBR1000RR and the ZX-10R.
I think they are incorrect, it will hit 82.47 at redline in 1st and a little higher at the rev limiter:

((11650/1.604/2.538/2.563)X78))/(12X5280/60)=82.47mph

11650 is the engine redline in RPM, 1.604 is the primary reduction ratio, 2.538 is the 1st gear reduction ratio, 2.563 is the final reduction ratio, 78 is the circumference of a typical 190/50 rear tire in inches, 1056 converts inches per minute to MPH.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in