43Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 143 Old 07-03-2015, 05:15 PM
Chairman of the Board

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by LDH® View Post
Just put some 30wt oil in the forks and it will be good as new.
But Mama says only ever use Crisco on the forks.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 143 Old 07-03-2015, 08:16 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

You'll probably be waiting six weeks or so for your pay out.. rather than getting another gen 4, I would wait a few month for the gen 5 to be released.
post #33 of 143 Old 07-03-2015, 08:39 PM
U.S. Marine Corps Veteran

Posting Frequency

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to I2aMpAnT
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Fang View Post
I rode my last loop on that bike today. Didn't know the frame was damaged. Never again at least with that VIN#.

And yeah, I'm not happy about it. But it's been assigned to a claims adjuster, she's got Allstate thank goodness, and hopefully we can get this figured out.

But even in the best scenario I'll guess it's at least 6-8 weeks before I can ride it again. Don't need many parts, just the frame and one panel from what I can see, but labor will be serious. Felt very good today so I got a great memory of that bike. Has like 4400 miles or thereabouts.
It shouldn't take that long. When I got tboned on my first Gen3 last year, it took about a week from the accident to paycheck in hand (direct deposit) and I made the stupid choice of buying a Harley right after!

Facebook.com/I2aMpAnT
YouTube.com/I2aMpAnT

USMC
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 143 Old 07-03-2015, 10:15 PM Thread Starter
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by I2aMpAnT View Post
It shouldn't take that long. When I got tboned on my first Gen3 last year, it took about a week from the accident to paycheck in hand (direct deposit) and I made the stupid choice of buying a Harley right after!
That's my feeling. Adjusters and both companies seem to be very eager to get this done. Made arrangements with the service department to take the bike in next week so adjusters can come in and see what's going on.

Service manager said it would be a close thing as far as totaling it. He's figuring about 6500 in total costs, maybe a little more. Value of the bike seems to be about 11K or so.

If it needs to be repaired I can live with that as long as the conditions are to my liking and the bike is made perfect without a scratch on it, good as new.

Should know next week.
post #35 of 143 Old 07-03-2015, 11:25 PM
Bloo Moderator

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Fang View Post
That's my feeling. Adjusters and both companies seem to be very eager to get this done. Made arrangements with the service department to take the bike in next week so adjusters can come in and see what's going on.

Service manager said it would be a close thing as far as totaling it. He's figuring about 6500 in total costs, maybe a little more. Value of the bike seems to be about 11K or so.

If it needs to be repaired I can live with that as long as the conditions are to my liking and the bike is made perfect without a scratch on it, good as new.

Should know next week.
I think you have 5 options really:

• Get a New bike and buy your old bike back and part it out
  • Get a New bike and buy your old bike back and keep it.
  • Just let the insurance pay you out buy a New Bike
  • Insurance rebuilds your bike if Not a Total Loss.
  • Take the Money from the Insurance Company and buy and install a New frame and other parts needed yourself.

It's all retaliative of course what's your priorities....good luck.

Bloo
White Fang likes this.

Sent from My Computer via DSL mid to low service Firefox updated version, sometimes wireless sometimes Wire from the garage depending on connection speed.
post #36 of 143 Old 07-04-2015, 04:32 AM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Kibs isn't really horrible but if you track you probably don't want it since you can't disable it.
Lever feel is crisp especially with the cl pads.
If you hit small bumps though while braking it can disengage the brake when you don't want it to.
It doesn't prevent stoppies though and will let the rear wheel come up still.
I stoppied with the rear wheel quite high once on accident thinking the kibs prevents it when it doesn't lol

But...
If it helps you just once on the street in an emergency brain fart situation and prevents you from getting injured or killed its paid off already..
White Fang likes this.

1997 CBR1100XX Super Blackbird

2007 CBR1000RR

2013 ZX10R ABS
post #37 of 143 Old 07-04-2015, 08:12 AM
ZX-10R enthusiast

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosemont83 View Post
Kibs isn't really horrible but if you track you probably don't want it since you can't disable it.

Pull the fuses, ABS is disabled.

Strictly for my Ninjas
https://www.instagram.com/mistr.123/
Current Ride: 2016 ZX-10R ABS (under construction)
Former Ride: 2011 ZX-10R ABS
17/41, Woolich Racing Tuned ECU and QS, Rifleman's 1/5th throttle insert, CL XBK5 pads, Yosh case sliders, Mivv Carbon w/ Ti Akra link
post #38 of 143 Old 07-04-2015, 09:10 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Fang bmw wouldn't be a bad choice either as you can disable abs without pulling fuse, has cc for street where you ride etc. it's a tad hotter though... So it sucks to void 3 yr warranty to lower fan turn on... I think for street it's gen 4 or bmw. I spoke with a guy who told me new r1 is the most uncomfortable bike he has ever owned (Ducati guy so this means something...) long bar reach, sick rake, high seat, it's also very hot I heard. They put the fan turn on soo high 215 or so maybe higher. Also Lotsa wrist pressure but I'd guess this could vary by height etc. I personally want r1 cuz it sound/look different so people will not know its me on my loop lol less easy to say that green bike flys by every day to the cops lol all around gen 4 tough to beat tho... Bang for buck is legendary.
White Fang likes this.

More cowbell

Last edited by turtle1000; 07-04-2015 at 09:13 AM.
post #39 of 143 Old 07-04-2015, 09:42 AM Thread Starter
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudewhrsmybike View Post
Pull the fuses, ABS is disabled.
Did not know that...is the lever feel solid and crisp? Problem I have is as someone said, over small bumps, etc. the ABS kicks in. But true that if it helps in even one situation, pays for itself.
post #40 of 143 Old 07-04-2015, 09:48 AM Thread Starter
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by or10r View Post
But Mama says only ever use Crisco on the forks.
That don't sound right...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in