Gen 5: 2016- Kit ECU resource thread - Page 5 - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 18Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 47 Old 03-27-2019, 03:57 AM
Squid

Posting Frequency

That is why i asked if you are using a map or are you on default?
Another question is: can you describe as best as you can the weirdness of the idle? Is it when hot? Is it on cold? Always? Misfire?
Then we might find out what is going on. Maybe post a short video with the sound it makes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 47 Old 03-31-2019, 07:58 AM
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

I had the chance to test out the engine braking and that was the cause of the bike cutting off just from rolling off the throttle. I increased the engine braking map from 1 to 3 and problem solved. The engine braking map 3 felt like the old 1 to me. I didn't have to change the bike setup too much and it didnt feel like I was free rolling into the corner either.
post #43 of 47 Old 04-01-2019, 09:27 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

I am using the 2019 kit and the first part of the throttle seems smooth and then I have a bit of a flat spot and then the power comes on strong again. The air fuel is spot on 13.1 in the flat feeling area. Does anyone else have this issue?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #44 of 47 Old 04-05-2019, 06:51 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Well I just purchased the Ftecu update to the Kit ECU. I think I see why it feels flat in the mid range. I'll test it on Sunday

post #45 of 47 Old 04-05-2019, 07:00 PM
Formerly CLCRACINGAaron

Posting Frequency

Garage
I didnít know they did that?

"You must subsume yourself to the bike"-Casey Stoner

"Thereís a moment when a rider needs to stop thinking about technology and just twist the throttle."-Pit Beirer, KTM Motor Sport Director
post #46 of 47 Old 04-06-2019, 06:18 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neonmarine View Post
I didnít know they did that?
Yes they do. It's really nice. All the base mapping is exposed and the KRT settings are separated. It makes it really easy to work with. I wired the ftecu active tune to the Kit wireharness. It made making a base map really fast and in addition I added the Aim MXS 1.2 dash. Ftecu's software pushes additional data channels to the Aim data logger.

Neonmarine likes this.
post #47 of 47 Old 04-06-2019, 06:50 PM
Formerly CLCRACINGAaron

Posting Frequency

Garage
Very cool, Iím not gonna trust myself with making adjustments just yet, so Iíll have my tuner do it at the track until I get used to the bike again. Good to know you can do stuff like that though.

"You must subsume yourself to the bike"-Casey Stoner

"Thereís a moment when a rider needs to stop thinking about technology and just twist the throttle."-Pit Beirer, KTM Motor Sport Director
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in