Instant Regret... - Page 5 - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 37Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 62 Old 11-23-2018, 02:59 PM
tdh
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

I test rode a Diavel X and loved the low end torque but didn't love that it wouldn't turn. I ended up with a 1290 Super Duke and it's the funnest machine I've ever owned. My G5 ZX10R will beat it on the track but it's very nimble and has all the power you need right off idle all the way through to the top, and it is a wheelie monster. :) It's expensive though. I would also take the earlier suggestion of the left over '17 Aprilia Tuono. i'm thinking about getting one myself. The Super Duke is a very comfortable bike and comes with electronic cruise control (on the '17 on up) which makes it a great commuter. Tuono would also be very comfortable I would imagine. I need to test ride one.
badexample and wicked like this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 62 Old 11-23-2018, 04:50 PM
tdh
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Oh, as far as the G5 turning, you can add a couple of shims (or washers) above the shock and get the rear up at least 10mm and it'll turn in a little better. That's a "simple and free" improvement.
wicked likes this.

post #43 of 62 Old 11-27-2018, 05:28 PM Thread Starter
Mythical Mod of Yore

Posting Frequency

Garage
Send a message via AIM to wicked Send a message via MSN to wicked Send a message via Yahoo to wicked
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdh View Post
I test rode a Diavel X and loved the low end torque but didn't love that it wouldn't turn. I ended up with a 1290 Super Duke and it's the funnest machine I've ever owned. My G5 ZX10R will beat it on the track but it's very nimble and has all the power you need right off idle all the way through to the top, and it is a wheelie monster. :) It's expensive though. I would also take the earlier suggestion of the left over '17 Aprilia Tuono. i'm thinking about getting one myself. The Super Duke is a very comfortable bike and comes with electronic cruise control (on the '17 on up) which makes it a great commuter. Tuono would also be very comfortable I would imagine. I need to test ride one.
the diavel was a great bike...but like you said, you take it up in the mountains and id grind the footpegs around every corner. buddy of mine rides a tuono and is a great ride.
badexample likes this.

- Doc
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #44 of 62 Old 12-01-2018, 08:35 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicked View Post
the diavel was a great bike...but like you said, you take it up in the mountains and id grind the footpegs around every corner. buddy of mine rides a tuono and is a great ride.
and here i was cheering cause you got the bike lol! well tuono is great for mountains and the occasional roebling / jennings day, i rode one at roebling last year and they are a blast!

Dont Worry Be Happy
post #45 of 62 Old 12-01-2018, 09:53 AM
Post Whore

Posting Frequency

If you are having trouble throwing the bike around the curves, you need help setting up the suspension. I have a Gen 4 with a lot of suspension work, (Ohlins 30 cartridges, Elka rear shock, new springs front and rear and set up for my weight) and it's rare that anyone passes me. And I'm 72 years old.
wheelz96 likes this.

post #46 of 62 Old 12-04-2018, 07:31 PM Thread Starter
Mythical Mod of Yore

Posting Frequency

Garage
Send a message via AIM to wicked Send a message via MSN to wicked Send a message via Yahoo to wicked
Quote:
Originally Posted by andresmejia View Post
and here i was cheering cause you got the bike lol! well tuono is great for mountains and the occasional roebling / jennings day, i rode one at roebling last year and they are a blast!
imma keep her for a while and see how we get along. shes growing on me...but she still steers like an aircraft carrier and doesnt have shit for power until she get way up there on the tach. need to take her up to the mountains once the weather turns nice again for a real test ride...

- Doc
post #47 of 62 Old 12-04-2018, 07:57 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicked View Post
imma keep her for a while and see how we get along. shes growing on me...but she still steers like an aircraft carrier and doesnt have shit for power until she get way up there on the tach. need to take her up to the mountains once the weather turns nice again for a real test ride...

I live in Powder Springs, pretty cold out tonight, getting colder, then rain this weekend. What city you in Wicked in the North Burbs
post #48 of 62 Old 12-04-2018, 08:45 PM Thread Starter
Mythical Mod of Yore

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxtradamus View Post
I live in Powder Springs, pretty cold out tonight, getting colder, then rain this weekend. What city you in Wicked in the North Burbs
suwanee...and yeah...its cold AF out there tonight
Boxtradamus likes this.

- Doc
post #49 of 62 Old 12-06-2018, 09:27 PM Thread Starter
Mythical Mod of Yore

Posting Frequency

Garage
been out on a few more rides...nothing fancy...just commuting and riding around with my boy on his new ninja 400. still just not impressed...still not a fan of the handling or the power delivery...i don't look at it and think "thats one sexy bitch"...and now ive found that where the fairing meets the gas tank and the seat it pinches the shit out of my legs over and over. its sad when someone asks you what you like about your new bike and what you come up with is "well, its got the best mirrors ive seen on a sportbike." pretty sure i won't be on this thing long and someone is probably going to get a decent deal on it...sigh

- Doc
post #50 of 62 Old 12-06-2018, 09:43 PM
tdh
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Swap bikes with your boy?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in