How do you achieve a good launch with launch control? - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By TechX

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 07-03-2015, 01:59 PM Thread Starter
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
How do you achieve a good launch with launch control?

So, I did search the forums first, but I feel this question is probably so basic that no one even needs to discuss it. I have a Woolich installed, and have launch control activated. I know that it functions correctly, my question is more of how do you achieve a good launch?

When I'm sitting there revving in 1st gear, and the RPMs are staying stable at my set value (7,000), do you gradually let the clutch out, or do you just drop the clutch and let the slipper do it's job until it catches and pulls you away? Obviously I'm gonna take it slow until I get used to it, hence me asking the forums before I even attempt messing with it.

Thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 07-03-2015, 02:54 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

You'll have to do various bits of testing and looking at the data in event viewer... or else take it to a drag strip on test and tune night to work your launches. I know, sounds like a drag (pun intended) ;)

Also make sure your ramp start vehicle speed is set correctly. Check to see what your speed is at 7K RPM (or whatever your launch RPM is set to) in 1st gear and set it just slightly above that. Also play with the hold time setting. Another thing that will help is to launch with it in TC1 or 2 to help get the gist of it.

I had to do a lot of playing around with the settings, feathering the clutch at launch and using TC when I first started using it, but now have it down pretty good to get consistent launches.
post #3 of 4 Old 07-03-2015, 03:38 PM
REPOST Enforcement Mod

Posting Frequency

Garage
The slipper clutch has nothing to do with accelerating. It's only for decelerating to prevent wheel hop. If you dump it with the bike revved to 7,000rpm, you'll likely be seeing what's behind you upside down.

I may not be perfect, but at least I don't ride a Suzuki.

Ridding the Internet of bad grammar, 1 post at a time.
#WordCrimes

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 07-03-2015, 11:04 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Launch control is tougher to use on a non wheelie bar bike. Its way easy on a drag bike set your chip as high as possible till you get wheel spin on launch and then back off until it hooks up. Your sixty foot times will tell you when you have the right setting. I would just have to vary the launch rpm on the track conditions. On a non wheelie bar bike you will have to feed the clutch out to get the launch right and ride the line between wheelie and wheel spin. Start at a lower rpm and work your way up. Your sixty foot times will tell you how your doing.
Attached Images

Turbodc2 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in