Gen 5: 2016- Hoppa's Build From Scratch - Page 4 - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 31Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 59 Old 01-19-2019, 03:48 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanister View Post

...the stock M50 are monoblock calipers ...

Zeta has a very badass brake lever upgrade for the OEM master...
forgot to mention this is the last post.... aren't the calipers actually GP4-RS? I was talking to LDH about the stock calipers when I was buying the pads and he mentioned the stock ones were really good on the gen 5's because they are very similar to the GP4-RX's.....just no nickel bling...

and yeah, I actually have that zeta lever on my shortlist....along with that Suter swingarm (soon as I win the lottery)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 59 Old 01-20-2019, 03:39 PM
Squid

Posting Frequency

Im curious how much power you had on your old cbr?

I have a gen 3 zx 10r and saw that you had your damper sent away to be modified, what exactly did they do?You have 2 pics , 1 of a black on but a silver one on the bike.I think my damper is manual but the new ones can be modified by the ecu?
post #33 of 59 Old 01-22-2019, 09:26 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

I had a few really nice motors for the cbr. When I bought the bike, it had the HRC headwork done to it and was tuned by Dick Suarez of Full Spectrum Racing and was putting down 170Hp. Then I stumbled on a deal for a fully built Erion motor. Had that bad boy tuned and it put down 182HP on MR12. If I would have refreshed it, I probably would have seen around 190hp or so but I knew eventually Iíd be rocking a new iron horse so I didnít feel like wasting all that coin on an old bike...it was fast enough for what it was.

The black one was the stock electronic damper. When I bought the bike, the plug was ripped out of the side of the damper when the previous owner crashed it so it was unusable. Mike at Dan Kyle Racing told me I can just buy one of the previous gen 10r ohlins dampers and he can refresh it with a new seat and needle that provides more damping, versus the stock ones that come on the 10rís and 6rís.

Hereís the link for that service:

https://www.shop.kyleusa.com/Rework-...Damper-DRW.htm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Downtime_69 View Post
Im curious how much power you had on your old cbr?

I have a gen 3 zx 10r and saw that you had your damper sent away to be modified, what exactly did they do?You have 2 pics , 1 of a black on but a silver one on the bike.I think my damper is manual but the new ones can be modified by the ecu?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 59 Old 01-22-2019, 09:38 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Sacrilege, I know... but I didnít put any green on the new bodywork and Iím proud of it ... Murica!

post #35 of 59 Old 01-23-2019, 01:00 AM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
I saw your 4th picture in the first post and thought to myself "is that the end of the pit wall at RA?" That was before I looked back and saw the picture (or 2) at Blackhawk and knew you lived in the Midwest.
The master that you got with the bike is def not stock, I believe they are Nissin MC on Gen 4 and Brembos on the Gen 5 (all Brembo braking on Gen 5 including discs).
When you mounted the red chain holder onto the swingarm did you have to add another threaded hole? or are those already there for the rear fender/tire hugger?

I look forward to seeing the progression of the bike, especially when you didnt have a whole complete bike to begin with. Hopefully I can get to see the bike in person at RA or Blackhawk this coming summer.

2011 ZX-10R Ebony
post #36 of 59 Old 01-23-2019, 08:33 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Hotbodies bodywork?

When in doubt... send it!
post #37 of 59 Old 01-23-2019, 09:05 AM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddipaola View Post
Hotbodies bodywork?
Woodcraft..
post #38 of 59 Old 01-23-2019, 09:25 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelz96 View Post
Woodcraft..
Ah, just saw that a few pages back. Do you have to trim the lowers to fit the Graves low-mount exhaust?

When in doubt... send it!
post #39 of 59 Old 01-23-2019, 09:42 AM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Ah, just saw that a few pages back. Do you have to trim the lowers to fit the Graves low-mount exhaust?
I have the same body that's how I know. Not sure about the low mount but Armour bodies are pretty good about not cutting or trimming. Hell, even my kickstand would still work on the bike with the belly pan on. The mounting holes were right where they need to be and if you find center with a drill bit this body bolts on very easy. Maybe a 15-20 minute job to mount! If your thinking of going with a Woodcraft body you won't be dissapointed!
post #40 of 59 Old 01-25-2019, 10:01 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by brimal_rage View Post
I saw your 4th picture in the first post and thought to myself "is that the end of the pit wall at RA?" That was before I looked back and saw the picture (or 2) at Blackhawk and knew you lived in the Midwest.
The master that you got with the bike is def not stock, I believe they are Nissin MC on Gen 4 and Brembos on the Gen 5 (all Brembo braking on Gen 5 including discs).
When you mounted the red chain holder onto the swingarm did you have to add another threaded hole? or are those already there for the rear fender/tire hugger?

I look forward to seeing the progression of the bike, especially when you didnt have a whole complete bike to begin with. Hopefully I can get to see the bike in person at RA or Blackhawk this coming summer.
Yeah, I did RA with the ol 1000RR and then did one last day at BHF before retiring the cbr. I'm in Waukesha so I'm right in the middle of RA and BHF which is awesome!

Yeah, the master didn't look right when I bought the bike so I got a little upgrade for it...

I just drilled a hole next to the oem mudflap mounting point and smacked in a threaded insert in there to secure the chain holder. You could probably get by with just the one that holds the mudflap down but I figured I'd safety wire the two screws to each other.

Just met with the doctor the other day and they are thinking 6-9 months of physical therapy so I'm hoping to hit that hard so I can at least make it to the track by the middle or end of the season. I got "Hoppa" on the back of my suit so if ya see me, come say hi!

Quote:
Can't confirm the graves exhaust with the woodcraft fairings...however, my buddy had a set of fairings from a different manufacturer and he had to cut a half moon shape at the back corner of the lower.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelz96 View Post
I have the same body that's how I know. Not sure about the low mount but Armour bodies are pretty good about not cutting or trimming. Hell, even my kickstand would still work on the bike with the belly pan on. The mounting holes were right where they need to be and if you find center with a drill bit this body bolts on very easy. Maybe a 15-20 minute job to mount! If your thinking of going with a Woodcraft body you won't be dissapointed!
yeah, I agree, the fitment was great on these...everything lined up perfectly. I just wish the fairings didn't have a hole to use the middle frame mount bolt. So annoying to have all DZUS fittings and then that one stupid bolt. Also contemplating a front quick release design for the fairing stay since that requires four bolts as well. I tend to work on my bike more than I ride it due to stupid work getting in the way of my fun so quick release is my best friend.
wheelz96 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in