Gen 5: 2016- Help I need better bars - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 Old 10-24-2019, 01:59 AM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Help I need better bars

Soo.. I love this Gen 5 zx10r but damn those bars are uncomfortable as fuck and I wish I could ride for longer do you guys know of any confortable handle bars I could buy for my zx10r 2016? Or something like bar risers if so do I have to like cut the fairings or something that'd suck..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 10-24-2019, 02:11 PM
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

try driving at 70+ mph and you'll see that you support less weight on the wrists :)
SkyDork and Kawasaki Brad like this.
post #3 of 14 Old 10-24-2019, 02:20 PM
Squid

Posting Frequency

Garage
Stomp grips
SkyDork, MillyMacKenzie and Guarf like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 Old 10-26-2019, 12:35 AM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
you can move the clip ons above the triple tree mount if you want, it will give you a little more height, have not done it but have seen it on another bike so not sure how much effort it will take. aside from that there are bar risers but that will mess with the overall feel of the bike. stomp grips and change of seating position help a ton
post #5 of 14 Old 10-26-2019, 10:57 AM
Squid

Posting Frequency

If you move the clip ons above the triple, it is a substantial drop and it will dramatically change your fork rake and handling - not for the better. You will run the risk of putting your front tire into the radiator under hard braking if there isn’t enough clearance.
Unfortunately, the gen 5 zx10r won’t accept normal riser clip ons, due to the electronic steering damper being in the way.
Check out Helibars if you must have more rise. They make bars for this bike that will provide a 1.5” rise and pull the sweep back by 7degrees - they are your most viable option.
Hope that helps.
michael4012 likes this.
post #6 of 14 Old 10-26-2019, 10:13 PM
Squid

Posting Frequency

Yea thats pretty terrible advice, dropping the front end a couple inches. I imagine anything gained in bar height would be terribly outweighed by the angle and poor handling of that setup.

I hate to be the one to say it, but get a Ninja 1000.
SkyDork and LDH like this.
post #7 of 14 Old 10-27-2019, 12:24 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocroadwarrior View Post
Unfortunately, the gen 5 zx10r won’t accept normal riser clip ons, due to the electronic steering damper being in the way.
while i agree that for the OP the solution is not to lower his bike just for a bar raise, but wanted to point out that the stock steering damper is not an issue for guys who lower their bike due to this kit (or you can DIY like i did, just need a coupl eof the right size bolts and some steel pipe cut to the right lengths).

https://brocksperformance.com/steeri...-zx-10r-11-15/

the other alternative is to switch to GPR steering damper which doesnt interfere with the fork tubes at all, and supposedly a superior damper compared to the stocker

https://www.gprstabilizer.com/produc...abilizer-kits/

post #8 of 14 Old 10-28-2019, 09:23 AM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Google "ABM Multiclip Tour"
High quality, adjustable every way, including moving backwards while leaving angles same.
post #9 of 14 Old 10-31-2019, 12:03 PM
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
You might want to get a Ninja Z1000 if you want a comfortable motorcycle. The ZX10R is one of the most comfortable Sports Bikes available. Remember it's a Liter Race Bike, they are not made for comfort. But I've ridden my 5th Gen from Michigan to Pittsburgh back to Michigan in one day about 600 miles
(8-9 hours). I adjusted my handle bars out slightly when I first took delivery to relieve stress on my wrist. And I adjust the suspension softer for better riding when going longer distances. The fuel tank grip tape works great too.
post #10 of 14 Old 10-31-2019, 02:44 PM
Squid

Posting Frequency

Garage
I've got these: https://www.apexmfg.com/all-products...ct/view/11/172

With the standoff/clamp/vertical post you can set the bars as if they were mounted above the triple clamps without actually changing the location of the triple clamps. Only gripe is there is almost too much adjustment available and they can take quite a while to get just right, but with all that adjustability you can really customize it to exactly what you want and when it's there it sure feels good.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in