Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

hello is the paint crack?

902 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Ghettochilds 
#1 ·
hello is the paint cracking? The element marked in red - I scratched it with a screwdriver - I thought it was ford. Does such a small thread / scratch mean cracking the weld or simply varnish - when working in a critical place. I'm afraid for that. I often do wheelies - and I don't want to give it up :) Regards

See less See more
#2 ·
not exactly sure where on the bike that is but it sure as hell looks like it's a crack of the metal under the powder coat, most frame parts are powder coated not just painted so as to resist chipping and scratching etc. when powder coat cracks from the few times I have seen it, it is usually from a structural issue or give underneath the powder coat. get a small bright light and shine it in there, try different angles but I would suggest not doing wheelies until you are 100% sure it is not a crack and then maybe work on the set down of your front wheel. IE...try and not let her down so hard....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.