Gen 2: 2006-2007 Having a hard time reinstalling Throttle Body - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By BOP Leader

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 10-07-2018, 07:16 AM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Having a hard time reinstalling Throttle Body

Any tricks to this? I had the engine out of my gen 2 for around 6 months with no throttle body connected and I've spent HOURS trying to get it back on with no luck. I've removed and reinstalled it years ago and remember it being a PITA but not this hard, tried a bit of engine oil around the tops of the rubber boots and tried heating the rubber boots with a hair dryer... Should I buy a heat gun and give that a try?
Do the rubber boots get hard over time and need replacing? the bike has 48k on it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 10-07-2018, 09:35 AM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Make sure all screws for the rubbers are nice and loose, lube and start one side and gradually work your way over. They can be a bitch for sure.

More tips here: https://www.zx-10r.net/forum/f28/thr...on-318834.html
Capncalyx likes this.
post #3 of 4 Old 10-07-2018, 11:12 AM
Squid

Posting Frequency

Hello donkey-shlong,

I think I may be able to help you. I've had the throttle bodies out at least 10 times in the last 2 weeks… Let me explain the technique I am using

As stated supra lubricate throttle body and the rubber housings…

I start from the back with all the throttle bodies partially inserted into the rubber housings than just push forward and down until you hear a pop … Then I very gently use a rubber mallet to make sure they're fully seated

Be extremely careful and mindful of the sensors when inserting the throttle bodies they can snap off easily with little or no effort…
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 10-13-2018, 01:44 AM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Thanks for the reply's guys, was helpful but I also needed to use a heatgun... I highly doubt mine could of been put on without one... I added a post in the Gen 2: Throttle body Assy Installation (https://www.zx-10r.net/forum/f28/thr...ml#post4472109) hopefully it can become like a go-to thread for people struggling.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in