1Likes
  • 1 Post By SkyDork

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 04-12-2019, 07:08 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

GP Shift / Factory Rearsets

Hi all,

Turns out that after years of using GP shift exclusively, I really don't want to go back to a normal shift pattern. I'd like to switch my 2016 Zx10R, and read some conflicting information so I figured I'd ask. Is it possible to have GP shift using the factory rearsets? And if so, is it possible to use the factory quickshifter in GP shift? I managed to pick up a Woolich LogBox second hand that I just need to buy a bin file for, and have no problem buying the race tools key if that would suffice, in fact I intended on purchasing it eventually anyway. I also have no problem with switching out the shift arm if need be, I'd just prefer not to switch the rearsets. Thanks!

~Mike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 04-19-2019, 01:23 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

I have some after mkt rearset on my 17 with gp shift works great with stock qs. Attack brand
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190419_131154.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	112.6 KB
ID:	421935  

2000 WR400 SM, 2004 KTM 300EXC, 2005 1800 Wing, 2006 ZX10R, 2017 ZX10R
post #3 of 9 Old 04-19-2019, 03:36 PM
Squid

Posting Frequency

To the OP, you will need something like the Attack rearsets above that include a reversing pivot or a different mechanism to change direction of the gear-select shaft. It's easy to tell the ECU that you want to reverse the pattern to select cut or auto-blip respectively, but your are still manually changing the gears. I don't think the stock levers allow for that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 04-19-2019, 04:01 PM
REPOST Enforcement Mod

Posting Frequency

Garage
I haven't logged on in awhile as I've been crazy busy as of late. But since I'm here now and this topic is front and center, I'll give you my solution.

My Gen 5 is using the GP shift pattern, with the factory rearsets, factory QS sensor, and no ECU software changes. The only thing you need to do is use a bellcrank configuration. It's not the cheapest way to go, but it's a bolt-on piece and works great without having to worry about clearances with anything else.

https://www.bikesportdevelopments.co...KT114&CartID=1
WILDWHISKEYWOLF likes this.

I may not be perfect, but at least I don't ride a Suzuki.

Ridding the Internet of bad grammar, 1 post at a time.
#WordCrimes

post #5 of 9 Old 04-19-2019, 10:35 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDork View Post
I haven't logged on in awhile as I've been crazy busy as of late. But since I'm here now and this topic is front and center, I'll give you my solution.

My Gen 5 is using the GP shift pattern, with the factory rearsets, factory QS sensor, and no ECU software changes. The only thing you need to do is use a bellcrank configuration. It's not the cheapest way to go, but it's a bolt-on piece and works great without having to worry about clearances with anything else.

Hes been on the missing list for months And then BOOM hes back with industry changing replies
post #6 of 9 Old 07-11-2019, 01:40 PM
Squid

Posting Frequency

So I'm taking my bike in for a tune anyway so I was going to have him unlock the autoblip as well. With just the woolich software and def code, can the bike be switched to race shift and still have the autoblip and qs? Or do i need the race tools qs sensor?

Tia!
post #7 of 9 Old 07-12-2019, 05:30 AM
Squid

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDork View Post

Can you post some pics with this setup on your bike?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
post #8 of 9 Old 07-16-2019, 01:51 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by twistedmistersartz View Post
So I'm taking my bike in for a tune anyway so I was going to have him unlock the autoblip as well. With just the woolich software and def code, can the bike be switched to race shift and still have the autoblip and qs? Or do i need the race tools qs sensor?

Tia!
the woolich software let's you do it with the stock sensors. it has options for gp or standard shift and options to enable auto blip if you don't already have it. If you switch rear sets to attack or vortex and use the gp shift deal on the rear sets you won't need to change the selection on the woolich software to gp shift since the rear set does all the stuff going to the bike the same and it only changes where the lever is concerned
post #9 of 9 Old 07-16-2019, 02:09 PM
REPOST Enforcement Mod

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDWHISKEYWOLF View Post
Can you post some pics with this setup on your bike?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Sorry for the late reply. Here's the photos of mine.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7350.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	160.6 KB
ID:	423317   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7351.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	148.1 KB
ID:	423319  

I may not be perfect, but at least I don't ride a Suzuki.

Ridding the Internet of bad grammar, 1 post at a time.
#WordCrimes

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in