Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

GP Shift / Factory Rearsets

Gen 5: 2016-20 
9K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  Safrican13 
#1 ·
Hi all,

Turns out that after years of using GP shift exclusively, I really don't want to go back to a normal shift pattern. I'd like to switch my 2016 Zx10R, and read some conflicting information so I figured I'd ask. Is it possible to have GP shift using the factory rearsets? And if so, is it possible to use the factory quickshifter in GP shift? I managed to pick up a Woolich LogBox second hand that I just need to buy a bin file for, and have no problem buying the race tools key if that would suffice, in fact I intended on purchasing it eventually anyway. I also have no problem with switching out the shift arm if need be, I'd just prefer not to switch the rearsets. Thanks!

~Mike

#3 ·
To the OP, you will need something like the Attack rearsets above that include a reversing pivot or a different mechanism to change direction of the gear-select shaft. It's easy to tell the ECU that you want to reverse the pattern to select cut or auto-blip respectively, but your are still manually changing the gears. I don't think the stock levers allow for that.

#4 ·
I haven't logged on in awhile as I've been crazy busy as of late. But since I'm here now and this topic is front and center, I'll give you my solution.

My Gen 5 is using the GP shift pattern, with the factory rearsets, factory QS sensor, and no ECU software changes. The only thing you need to do is use a bellcrank configuration. It's not the cheapest way to go, but it's a bolt-on piece and works great without having to worry about clearances with anything else.

https://www.bikesportdevelopments.co.uk/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=KT114&CartID=1

#8 ·
the woolich software let's you do it with the stock sensors. it has options for gp or standard shift and options to enable auto blip if you don't already have it. If you switch rear sets to attack or vortex and use the gp shift deal on the rear sets you won't need to change the selection on the woolich software to gp shift since the rear set does all the stuff going to the bike the same and it only changes where the lever is concerned

#10 ·
Attack rear sets work extremely well, and easy to change GP/Reg shift with a 10mm socket/wrench. They look cool too, and don't need to adjust ECU.
I think Woolich can do GP/Reg on with no extras.
Def need race package for Launch control adjustment.
Not sure on Autoblip, but its just a tick box than needs checking in the computer. I had full package, so not sure what's unable on basics.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.