3Likes
  • 1 Post By ShawnG
  • 2 Post By Porschenut

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 09-25-2018, 04:54 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Gen5 traction control

Went for a ride , had rained roughly 3 to 4 hours prior so the roads still had a slight dampness to them .. cruising in the slow lane and decided to pop in the middle Lane to pass the slower car ahead of me then go back to the slower lane. My bike is completely stock BTW! Traction control was on #1 setting and power was in full! I'm cruising at 60mph drop down to 4th gear start rolling on the gas somewhat aggressive I guess but nothimg crazy at all! As I'm in the middle Lane by this point I start leaning back towards the slow lane after I get around the slower car and my back tire lights up breaks traction and I'm sideways at 70mph !!! Fortunately my back tire grabs and I'm feeling like a moto go guy in a high side save!! Lol. So do you any of you feel like my traction control did anything at all? I just feel like it should have cut power way before I was able to break loose like that!! Shit was scary!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 09-25-2018, 05:00 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

[QUOTE=Cagill;4470877]Went for a ride , had rained roughly 3 to 4 hours prior so the roads still had a slight dampness to them .. cruising in the slow lane and decided to pop in the middle Lane to pass the slower car ahead of me then go back to the slower lane. My bike is completely stock BTW! Traction control was on #1 setting and power was in full! I'm cruising at 60mph drop down to 4th gear start rolling on the gas somewhat aggressive I guess but nothimg crazy at all! As I'm in the middle Lane by this point I start leaning back towards the slow lane after I get around the slower car and my back tire lights up breaks traction and I'm sideways at 70mph !!! Fortunately my back tire grabs and I'm feeling like a moto go guy in a high side save!! Lol. So do you any of you feel like my traction control did anything at all? I just feel like it should have cut power way before I was able to break loose like that!! Shit was scary!!oh and btw my bike is a 2017 zx10r non abs[
post #3 of 7 Old 09-26-2018, 05:25 AM
Formerly CLCRACINGAaron

Posting Frequency

Garage
TC1 is for slicks on a dry racetrack. If the roads were wet, you should have been in TC3 at most. I use TC1 on my race bike with Pirelli Superbike Diablo slicks and don't have any issues. Refer to the manual for the suggested TC settings for street/wet conditions.

"You must subsume yourself to the bike"-Casey Stoner

"There’s a moment when a rider needs to stop thinking about technology and just twist the throttle."-Pit Beirer, KTM Motor Sport Director
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 09-26-2018, 06:02 AM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

TC1 controls engine power to maintains rear tire slipping constantly, keeping it speed somewhere around 8% (?) faster than front tire.

Gen4 race: high spec.
Suzuki GSX1300R Hayabusa 2013: stock.
Kawasaki KX450F 2016: love it.
post #5 of 7 Old 09-26-2018, 06:54 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Scary incident to be in but i couldn't help but laugh as i was reading that lol. Glad you could find comedy in the situation. Sometimes there is not much you can do but it does help to be aware of the situation, cold tires, cold pavement or wet pavement, dirt etc... Alll helps to keep the wheels where we want them. They are a great tool but people at the track with the latest and greatest electronics crash everyday.
Neonmarine likes this.
post #6 of 7 Old 09-26-2018, 01:05 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

While I ride a 4th Gen with only 3 TC settings I can validate what's being said above. If the pavement is at all wet, you would need to be in full rain mode (max is TC3 on the 4th gen) to benefit from it. I ride in the rain and even light snow (when it's not sticking to the road) and can routinely spin the rear unless I'm in full rain mode.
dudewhrsmybike and Neonmarine like this.
post #7 of 7 Old 09-26-2018, 02:59 PM
ZX-10R enthusiast

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLCRACINGAaron View Post
TC1 is for slicks on a dry racetrack. If the roads were wet, you should have been in TC3 at most. I use TC1 on my race bike with Pirelli Superbike Diablo slicks and don't have any issues. Refer to the manual for the suggested TC settings for street/wet conditions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porschenut View Post
While I ride a 4th Gen with only 3 TC settings I can validate what's being said above. If the pavement is at all wet, you would need to be in full rain mode (max is TC3 on the 4th gen) to benefit from it. I ride in the rain and even light snow (when it's not sticking to the road) and can routinely spin the rear unless I'm in full rain mode.
These guys get it
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2295.PNG
Views:	45
Size:	207.8 KB
ID:	419907  

Strictly for my Ninjas
https://www.instagram.com/mistr.123/
Current Ride: 2016 ZX-10R ABS (under construction)
Former Ride: 2011 ZX-10R ABS
17/41, Woolich Racing Tuned ECU and QS, Rifleman's 1/5th throttle insert, CL XBK5 pads, Yosh case sliders, Mivv Carbon w/ Ti Akra link
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in