44Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 131 Old 01-17-2019, 11:17 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bam Bam View Post
I’m going to take the bike to him to street tune. It’s currently flashed by guhl
Damn dude you're riding PA -> RI ?
And it's like 20-something degrees out there too! How's he gonna manage that haha.

When in doubt... send it!

Last edited by ddipaola; 01-17-2019 at 11:41 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 131 Old 01-17-2019, 11:32 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bun1t View Post
For a track only bike that money would be better spent on more track time rather than a dyno sheet.
To quote my own self...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddipaola View Post
If you're street racing every second counts I guess... and I wouldn't doubt it'd yield bragging rights on the dyno.
Otherwise yes, 2K is a years worth of track time and then some out here but I do double duty, and the new S1K is going to need to be spanked as unlikely as that might be :'(

post #63 of 131 Old 01-17-2019, 11:41 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bam Bam View Post
I’m going to take the bike to him to street tune. It’s currently flashed by guhl
Damn dude you're riding PA -> RI ?
I’ll be hauling it up since it’s winter
ddipaola likes this.

2011, guhl flash and tune,k&N race spec,Graves ti. 3/4 slipon,1/5 turn insert,-1+2 sprockets,tech spec tank pads,hotbodies venom windscreen,T-rex racing fork and frame sliders, 55w hids,Ivans block off plates,Black Pro bolt kit, Speigler braided brake lines, Mikey Moto lightweight rear rotor.CRG RC2 shorty levers, Suspension Technologies reworked shock
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #64 of 131 Old 01-17-2019, 11:58 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
To quote my own self...

Otherwise yes, 2K is a years worth of track time and then some out here but I do double duty, and the new S1K is going to need to be spanked as unlikely as that might be :'(
Spending $2k plus track fairings to remove headlights so you can roll race your buddies seems like a bad investment. Then again, nobody has ever accused roll racers of being smart so it's a possibility.
post #65 of 131 Old 01-17-2019, 12:01 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Spending $2k plus track fairings to remove headlights so you can roll race your buddies seems like a bad investment. Then again, nobody has ever accused roll racers of being smart so it's a possibility.
I couldn't agree more

Last edited by ddipaola; 01-17-2019 at 12:17 PM.
post #66 of 131 Old 01-17-2019, 12:08 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
I couldn't agree more: ZX10R VS S1000RR VS R1 - YouTube
I must be missing the part where I spent $2k for an intake. If there is one on my bike let me know, I'll sell it and use the money for track days.
post #67 of 131 Old 01-17-2019, 12:10 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

if you have the full woolich you dont need the dyno, you just need to tune it to the desired AFR.

The XXl intake. I dont see the benefit a lot...

in gen4, I tried all combos (made them) and stock is better, even gen5 stacks made -7hp.

in the video the gen4 was a BIT faster but way better rider.
post #68 of 131 Old 01-17-2019, 12:15 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
I must be missing the part where I spent $2k for an intake. If there is one on my bike let me know, I'll sell it and use the money for track days.
Oh, I don't remember saying I spent 2K on anything.. let alone an intake. Twas a hypothetical breakdown you didn't care to read start finish.
If there was a comparison of uninformative brain-dead comments I'd say you beat Scout. At least he didn't come on here to target forum members. Grow up. 1 track day doesn't make you an expert but thanks anyways for the advice guy...

post #69 of 131 Old 01-17-2019, 12:27 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpp12 View Post
if you have the full woolich you dont need the dyno, you just need to tune it to the desired AFR.

The XXl intake. I dont see the benefit a lot...

in gen4, I tried all combos (made them) and stock is better, even gen5 stacks made -7hp.

in the video the gen4 was a BIT faster but way better rider.
True to not needing a dyno, I could set my baseline targets to whatever my old dyno sheet says and adjust a little to compensate for the street. Do some timed pulls and figure out what's best. I've got mixed opinions on the XXL. Hard to pull the trigger even for testing/informative purposes. Like I said earlier I've read like 5HP gains (but no sheet). And the stacks are subjective too for the gen5... My old tuner made a set for me, then a later tuner advised stock stacks, and I see SBU still uses the short stacks, so it's hit or miss... That's why I'd be curious to see a combination of just everything. Filter, stacks, blah blah blah.

Last edited by ddipaola; 01-17-2019 at 12:30 PM.
post #70 of 131 Old 01-17-2019, 02:07 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:

Oh, I don't remember saying I spent 2K on anything.. let alone an intake. Twas a hypothetical breakdown you didn't care to read start finish.
If there was a comparison of uninformative brain-dead comments I'd say you beat Scout. At least he didn't come on here to target forum members. Grow up. 1 track day doesn't make you an expert but thanks anyways for the advice guy..
I've been following this thread because I have a spare air box that I'll probably mess with this weekend. However the thread keeps getting cluttered with your usual posts about stuff you read on the internet.

I've been going to the track for years but you've been to how many? two? lol
gossel1n likes this.

Last edited by bun1t; 01-17-2019 at 02:09 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in