Gen 3 gauges on gen 1 - Page 3 - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 45 Old 03-02-2016, 10:01 PM
Bloo Moderator

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by tak82 View Post
Thanks for all the replies from Bluedevil and thundercoupe9 but truthfully neither of you have helped. Bluedevil, you claim this is a site for members to come to with problems and other members to help and I agree with you 100% that's why I joined. I'm 48, been riding sport bikes for 30 years. I've rode everything from the 86 Ninja600rr, 750's, 1000's in many years, I've had GSXR's Honda 929's, a 954 and a Suzuki TL1000r. I've been on my 05 ZX10r for 7 years so bikes are new to me and I'm not a noob. The gen1 gauge to me sucks. I have had a local man helping, not doing but helping get an adapter going. I'd rather have one adapter than add a speedohealer then a gear indicator adapter and all. We're having problems with the speedometer not reading correct, could be from noise from the ignition, not sure. Now if you want to help another forum member out, when you successfully adapted the gen 2 to the gen 1, did you use a speedohealer or did you build a frequency converter for the speedometer ? And maybe I didn't word my first post correctly in the conversion but I know it's a X7.3 conversion in pulse rate. I have the factory service manuals. As for the gear indicator, voltages are being taken from the gps and converted to pulse and sent to the gauge. I contacted an ElectronicMotorsports and asked about building the adapter for me. They claimed it could be built but they weren't gonna do it because of demand or something. I was asked by them if the signal was fed thru the communication line on the adapter my friend and I are having problems with, so to me the reason they weren't gonna build it is they couldn't do it. As for Thundercoupe9. You offered no help what so ever so yes I will figure it out on my own as you say. Don't treat people as they're stupid just cause they have a question, you may be surprised who your talking with. I hope anyone who has any helpful info will be positive and chime in and help get this up and working as I will offer any of my advice on anything I feel will be a positive experience to other members. Lets all be nice and get along.
Well first off thank you for your response and welcome to the Forum I am sorry this bad blood has happened in your thread Spaz and Thundercoupe have been after me for years it happens when you Moderate for over 10yrs and show discipline on this site you don't always please all those 2 are in the Top 10 that like to challenge me **edit out of thousands of members we have on this Forum**.

Take82 of course I will like to help the Gear Indicator thing it seems Thundercoupe will take to his grave or sell in the background let me know if that's the case.

For the Speedometor it is almost a must to buy a Speedohealer from Heal-tech or sponsor on this site, the reason why is they are adjustable to very high frequencies just enough to get the Speedometer working.....but with that said I never added a Gen 3 Cluster so maybe the Frequency adjustment is different but I doubt it. Also the Speedhealer can help troubleshoot it can send out signals to the Cluster to see if the cluster is even receiving pulse while the bike is stationary. I forget the exact # but it was something like +738 % I remember when I first hooked up my Gen 2 cluster nothing worked It showed 0 miles per hour then contacted Herbert at Healtech real nice guy we worked together and figured out the exact percentage he will help you as well if you own his product.....then because of my Gear Indicator work he sent me a GiPro to test before release to the public it was nice but just not as good as my home made version but thought that was cool of HealTech anyway. A few members in the past have made adapters I soldered mine in but try a search first or look in the "how to" section of this forum I believe there is some more information....Good Luck!!!

Bloo

Sent from My Computer via DSL mid to low service Firefox updated version, sometimes wireless sometimes Wire from the garage depending on connection speed.

Last edited by bluedevil; 03-02-2016 at 11:23 PM. Reason: spelling.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 45 Old 03-02-2016, 10:48 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

I too have a gen 1 and would love to have the gen 3 cluster. Having never done even the gen 2 swap, I don't have much to offer but support.
post #23 of 45 Old 03-05-2016, 01:49 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Bloo when you did you swap and used the speedhealer you atill had to use a jumper to get power to the speed sensor correct ? As of now where going to try and make it a one all adapter that will work everything and only want to use the speedhealer as a lsat resort. The gear indicator will work off of voltage readings coming from the sensor. Took those readings this morning. Silverslk, keep an eye on the post, when/if we get everything up and running I'd be happy to help you with the conversion.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 45 Old 03-05-2016, 02:09 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Link to vid of our first adapter attempt, the one with all the speedometer issues lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UeSf...ature=youtu.be
post #25 of 45 Old 03-05-2016, 10:27 PM
Bloo Moderator

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Bloo when you did you swap and used the speedhealer you atill had to use a jumper to get power to the speed sensor correct ? As of now where going to try and make it a one all adapter that will work everything and only want to use the speedhealer as a lsat resort. The gear indicator will work off of voltage readings coming from the sensor. Took those readings this morning. Silverslk, keep an eye on the post, when/if we get everything up and running I'd be happy to help you with the conversion.
It's been a long time remember I was the first one on this site that attempted the conversion so my memory is not that sharp on the details. I am in a hotel all weekend so don't have the manual available but I believe the 5V for the speed sensor comes from the ECU so not needed....... just not 100% right now. I do remember doing a jumper of some kind but can't remember the reason why I would have to go back and look at my notes. If I get some time next week I can take a look.....sorry Bloo

Sent from My Computer via DSL mid to low service Firefox updated version, sometimes wireless sometimes Wire from the garage depending on connection speed.
post #26 of 45 Old 03-05-2016, 10:38 PM
Bloo Moderator

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Link to vid of our first adapter attempt, the one with all the speedometer issues lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UeSf...ature=youtu.be
Curios the Gear indicator showed some gears did you do anything or did it do it by itself with your hook up? If you didn't add a controller of some kind wondering if it's works off RPM and Speed like some aftermarket units.....humm

post #27 of 45 Old 03-06-2016, 06:21 AM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

The 05 speed sensor requires the voltage from the gauge, it's #12 position labeled speed sensor supply voltage. The 08 sensor gets it's supply from the ecu I believe. I guess my question was meant to ask how you jumped it. As for the gear indicator, it works off pulses. We run the voltage readings thru a controller. That much all works fine, it's the speedometer. Hopefully the new adapter will fix that, I believe the last one either had a bad connection or there was noise in the signal cause when the adapter was bench tested it worked flawlessly.
post #28 of 45 Old 03-07-2016, 03:27 PM
Kawasaki Whisperer

Posting Frequency

Send a message via MSN to MrMoto73
Speedometer smenometer.... I don't need no stinkin speedometer. Just take it off. One less thing to worry about.

I DON"T HAZ ANY SNYDER PROBLEMS
post #29 of 45 Old 03-07-2016, 08:37 PM
Bloo Moderator

Posting Frequency

Quote:
The 05 speed sensor requires the voltage from the gauge, it's #12 position labeled speed sensor supply voltage. The 08 sensor gets it's supply from the ecu I believe. I guess my question was meant to ask how you jumped it. As for the gear indicator, it works off pulses. We run the voltage readings thru a controller. That much all works fine, it's the speedometer. Hopefully the new adapter will fix that, I believe the last one either had a bad connection or there was noise in the signal cause when the adapter was bench tested it worked flawlessly.
Hi take82,

I'm home now found my notes you where right I see I did a jumper from Pin #10 to Pin #12.

As for the Gear indicator looks like your made good progress so far so are you converting the gear position voltage readings?

Thanks,

Bloo

post #30 of 45 Old 03-13-2016, 04:26 AM
mOo
Squid

Posting Frequency

Garage
something new here?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in